Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 796 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Default Re: A week in politics

Bump.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mr Mojo Risin'

but but I thought Labour were just wasting an incredible amount of money when they ordered those fighter jets, the coalition was going to save the country millions through brilliant leadreship. They weren't wrong were they? Labour weren't just spending money for the sake of it? :/

Last edited by WeAreNottingham; 09-05-12 at 22:06.

Meanwhile in Americkay...Woofter weddings?

Mr Mojo Risin'

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNottingham View Post
    but but I thought Labour were just wasting an incredible amount of money when they ordered those fighter jets, the coalition was going to save the country millions through brilliant leadreship. They weren't wrong were they? Labour weren't just spending money for the sake of it? :/
    Yes they were going to save us money by adding £2Bn to the construction costs of the carriers by adding cats and traps and in the end they decided to just waste £100M instead by deciding the original choice was the right one.

All this from our, in their opinion only, financially competent coalition....

Ginster's donate a hundred grand to Tories

Pasty tax scrapped

I'm sure the two things are completely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Ginster's donate a hundred grand to Tories

Pasty tax scrapped

I'm sure the two things are completely unrelated.
    Ginsters wouldn't have been too troubled by Pastygate, given that the tax was only to be levied on the sale of hot pasties...

Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    Ginsters wouldn't have been too troubled by Pastygate, given that the tax was only to be levied on the sale of hot pasties...
    Well aye, which is why the Ginster's article is trying to link the donation with the tax being in the budget in the first place.

Either way, I've never in my whole life known a budget unravel in such a way as the last one. Saw on the news last night they had scrapped something they called a 'caravan tax' too.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus

Either way, I've never in my whole life known a budget unravel in such a way as the last one. Saw on the news last night they had scrapped something they called a 'caravan tax' too.
    They'll be..trailing..in the polls soon.
    Their administration has had a..****h..

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Cameron is a dead man walking...unless he can pull a very large rabbit out of the hat, which I doubt, the Backbenchers will want him replaced in enough time to salvage the next election.

I read an excellent article the other day (after the MadNad attack) arguing that Cameron was not only distant from the electorate but also distant from core middle England Conservative values.

Cameron and Osbourne lost so much confidence on the back of THAT week in which everything they said or did turned to shit. Confidence isn't easily won back - they both have a lot of work to do in the next three years if they want to avoid the absolute clusterfuck disaster of a one-term parliament, which they had to share with the Libs because their election campaign was so god-awful. Expect heavy UKIP gains in 2015 - they will be the 3rd party.

Mr Mojo Risin'

Camerbourne make more U-turns than a lost driver following a badly programmed sat-nav. They might try to dress it up as "listening" but public perception is rapidly becomming that they couldn't find their own arse with both hands.

Conservative home are already worried that there is so much material available that there is a "top 10 coalition u-turns" chart available.

Top Ten Condem U-Turns

They should take note of how Brown lost the electorate and how he totally failed to win them back.

I wonder what Maggie "You turn if you want to, the lady's not for turning" Thatcher thinks about this.

I'd wish "Long may their discomfort continue" if it wasn't at the country's expense.

Last edited by Mr Mojo Risin'; 29-05-12 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Cameron and Osbourne lost so much confidence on the back of THAT week in which everything they said or did turned to shit. Confidence isn't easily won back - they both have a lot of work to do in the next three years if they want to avoid the absolute clusterfuck disaster of a one-term parliament, which they had to share with the Libs because their election campaign was so god-awful. Expect heavy UKIP gains in 2015 - they will be the 3rd party.
    I would love to see the Daily Mail & The Sun start backing UKIP, there would be total pandemonium in both Transport House and Tory HQ. Hahahahahahahahha

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin' View Post
    I wonder what Maggie "You turn if you want to, the lady's not for turning" Thatcher thinks about this.
    If you asked her she'd probably say "Who is Baroness Thatcher?"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    I would love to see the Daily Mail & The Sun start backing UKIP, there would be total pandemonium in both Transport House and Tory HQ. Hahahahahahahahha
    Don't rule out the DM supporting UKIP.

Don't rule out the DM supporting UKIP.
    .....or Murdoch's revenge! Hehehehehehehe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18278253

Another u-turn. Why not just scrap his budget and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18278253

Another u-turn. Why not just scrap his budget and start again.
    I don't understand why you can't trust his judgement? He has had one of the best educations money can buy...he must know what he is doing shirley?

Mr Mojo Risin'

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    Another u-turn. Why not just scrap his government and start again.
    That's my preferred option

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    I don't understand why you can't trust his judgement? He has had one of the best educations money can buy...he must know what he is doing shirley?
    I know you're joking, but I couldn't think past Prince Harry. Finest education money could buy and his A-Level results were worse than mine..... and I didn't turn up to a single lesson past Christmas in Year 13....

Best served cold

If labour didnt have wallace in charge, theud clean up at the next election.

But milliband has that boris johnson-esque buffoonery thing about him

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

I know you're joking, but I couldn't think past Prince Harry. Finest education money could buy and his A-Level results were worse than mine..... and I didn't turn up to a single lesson past Christmas in Year 13....
    This is the sad thing Robbie....post WW2 the ordinary kids from Grammar Schools/Sec Mods kicked ass. Post 1969 governments have succeeded in un-levelling the playingfields to a prewar disparity and back in favour of the elitist schools where THEIR kids usually go.

A while back I met a potter the same age as me who had been to a leading English Public School, but once he got to University in the late 60's he crashed out after 6months because the kids (like me) from the State Schools just blew him away with our determination, rounder skills, radical ideas & raw culture. When I was a teenager Public School kids were a joke or an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    If labour didnt have wallace in charge, theud clean up at the next election.

But milliband has that boris johnson-esque buffoonery thing about him
    The difference is boris comes across quite well to your average joe. Hence the reason he bucked the anti Tory trend during the mayoral election. Milliband probably looks awkward on his own company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18391663

Never a good idea when you are trying to come across as semi competent.

deleted

He thought Clegg was looking after her.