Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A Fans' Tribute for Nigel Doughty

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: A Fans' Tribute for Nigel Doughty

Simply, elegantly, with dignity, and almost un-noticed, the Club Flag was flying at half-mast over yesterday's game.

"This statement is false."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

I think it was for the Watford game too.

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    I think it was for the Watford game too.
    It was, I noticed as I walked to the ground.

"Psycho is our leader!"

I will let you into a little secret, after the first few days of the fund went so well I set a personal target of 5k to raise (inc gift aid). As its been a good few days with no more donations, I have decided that I will close the donation page by midnight tomorrow and it will be at 5k by the time it closes. Would be fantastic if any of you could find a few pennies to push it to that figure but we are only £81 short so I will make up whatever is missing.

Thanks to everyone who has donated. I'm sure Mr Doughty is smiling somewhere up there.

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I will let you into a little secret, after the first few days of the fund went so well I set a personal target of 5k to raise (inc gift aid). As its been a good few days with no more donations, I have decided that I will close the donation page by midnight tomorrow and it will be at 5k by the time it closes. Would be fantastic if any of you could find a few pennies to push it to that figure but we are only £81 short so I will make up whatever is missing.

Thanks to everyone who has donated. I'm sure Mr Doughty is smiling somewhere up there.
    Top effort sir

I'm always very appreciative of people who are prepared to go the extra mile in order to let us lazy bastards do something good occasionally.

I just received a lovely letter from the NSPCC thanking us all for our contributions.
    They say they will also write to the club so I'm hoping we may see a thank you in the program or on the OS.

Rice IV

Did you recontact the club?

Talk to me, Goose.

Yep, they gave me the cold shoulder in the nicest way possible.

Any fine that is imposed on Derby for last night's disgraceful actions should go straight to one of his favorite charities and not in The Football League coffers. I'm in no way saying that they should use our JustGiving page but it seemed an appropriate place to write my feelings.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

It'd be nice if they felt sufficiently contrite to make a modest donation off their own bat......

Yep, they gave me the cold shoulder in the nicest way possible.
    Did you contact them for a donation or to let them know that a group of fans, had off their own bat organised a collection which raised £5,000 in memory of their late owner?

I would have thought that this is exactly the kind of good publicity the club should be using in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Did you contact them for a donation or to let them know that a group of fans, had off their own bat organised a collection which raised £5,000 in memory of their late owner?

I would have thought that this is exactly the kind of good publicity the club should be using in their favour.
    They showed interest of helping us spread the word of the cause but that quickly dried up. I really didn't want to push it as this may have been a conscious decision following consultation with Nigel's family.

They showed interest of helping us spread the word of the cause but that quickly dried up. I really didn't want to push it as this may have been a conscious decision following consultation with Nigel's family.
    Our club are really strange at times, if there was a genuine reason which is possible, then a quick explaination surely wouldn't hurt.

When football clubs were part of the community, they would have rightfully been pretty proud of the money raised by fans.