Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fans' Tribute for Nigel Doughty

Default A Fans' Tribute for Nigel Doughty

I have been thinking about what we can do as fans to honour Nigel and his legacy.

Nigel was a big supporter of NSPCC so I propose we set up a donation page where fans can put a little something towards a charity that was close to Nigel's heart.

I believe something like this would have meant a lot to him and also has the added benefit of giving towards a great cause.

Let me know thoughts and I will look at ways of getting this one moving should we all be in agreement.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: An LTLF Tribute

I'll gladly donate a fiver to the NSPCC.

Rice XXV

What does that charity do? I'd be down to paypal a few bucks to somebody over there to donate as long as its a decent organization that doesn't kick puppies or something.

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonHooligan View Post
    What does that charity do? I'd be down to paypal a few bucks to somebody over there to donate as long as its a decent organization that doesn't kick puppies or something.
    It is a charity aimed at helping kids who have suffered abuse in one way or another - http://www.nspcc.org.uk/

I will quite happily donate some money for this. Brilliant idea.

for me, childline is the charity. personal preference is all, and one he supported, I believe.

Samuel

We had the Childline logo on our OS didn't we?

I believe he gave to both but if we all favour Childline then we will use them

Rice XXV

I'm in. I'll check back later when you guys get it sorted and have info on how to donate.

Good idea. And I don't think Childline kick puppies either!

If you want to set it up, Paul, I'll promote it on the main site and LTLF twitter feed

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Good idea. And I don't think childline kick puppies either!

If you want to set it up, Paul, I'll promote it on the main site and LTLF twitter feed
    If we are all in agreement I will get onto it now.

winnits

Do it I'm in.

Great initiative.

Left Winger

Yeah, count me in too.

Very worthy cause and something dear to Nigel's heart, having given Childline £1m out of his own pocket.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I have been thinking about what we can do as fans to honour Nigel and his legacy.

Nigel was a big supporter of NSPCC so I propose we set up a donation page where fans can put a little something towards a charity that was close to Nigel's heart.

I believe something like this would have meant a lot to him and also has the added benefit of giving towards a great cause.

Let me know thoughts and I will look at ways of getting this one moving should we all be in agreement.

Well if anyone would like to help us, I run a Sunday football team and this year (we did it last year as well) we did a charity football match on shite park for childline NSPCC.

This year Garry Birtles is helping us and having a fundraising day at the meadow covert in gamston on 14th April

Garry is donating stuff to our raffel already got weekend in London holiday in cornwall signed forest ball

Anyone wanting more details please pm

Rip doughty

#FindElaine

Both charities have been quoted as being close to his heart so could the money be split? I don't know if its even possible to set up a Justgiving page where the money goes to two worthy causes but just a thought

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by ubique
    Both charities have been quoted as being close to his heart so could the money be split? I don't know if its even possible to set up a Justgiving page where the money goes to two worthy causes but just a thought
    Think it makes it more complicated - both fantastic causes, both important to him
    - doesn't matter which we pick.

A great idea.

Nigel gave so generously and helped to provide children with the opportunity to help themselves.

It is right that we contribute to continue his legacy.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Think it makes it more complicated - both fantastic causes, both important to him
    Aren't they the same thing?

Go to childline website and click make a donation and it takes you to an NSPCC page

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by stuc

Go to childline website and click make a donation and it takes you to an NSPCC page
    In which case, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by stuc View Post

Yea they are one and the same as far as i know. Childline is just a part of what the NSPCC does.

Great idea, i'd definitely go for this.

Rice IV

Excellent idea.

Let me know if you want some help wording anything, Paul.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    There are so many organizations that are well deserving of this recognition. We can only pick one, but they all have a similar objective - to help those in need.
    I agree with Alan, it doesn't really matter which one we pick. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts.

Once again - Great initiative.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Things like this is why I love this forum, and the people in it.

In.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Rice 13

Could the page not be promoted before entering the actual forum too so everyone who enter the forum is aware of the worthy charity and reason behind it?

It is more usual to wait for the family to advise which organisation they would like tributes to go to.
    Sensitivity please.