Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steve McClaren is Amazing Thread - Sponsored by Alf-Inge Fudge

TheDude

I want to agree with some of that. I felt from the start it has been an upset camp.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Default Re: McClaren wins first game back in charge, 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    So it was not McLaren who put us into this mess, nor is it Cotterill, it is the overpaid pussies who have been sulking, otherwise known as the squad.
    And who bought the most overpaid pussies that caused the squad disharmony?

Management is not just what happens on the training ground and on the pitch.

He smokes pot me lord he smokes pot, oh loooord he smokes pot. Shhhhttteeeeeeeeveeeee

Quote Originally Posted by GWM View Post
    He smokes pot me lord he smokes pot, oh loooord he smokes pot. Shhhhttteeeeeeeeveeeee
    I like it I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    And I tell you and everybody else concerned with Nottingham Forest FC that this man will go down in history as the one single appointment that led to the demise of the once double European Champions.
    I can't work out which reaction is best for the above quote. is it or .

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON_RED View Post
    Your comments are pretty ridiculous!

I maybe wrong but Im pretty sure when he won the title with Twente he didn't spend an absolute fortune - I think he actually lost a few core members of the side in that title run.

I'm sorry but I really do feel sorry for the man after what happened with the England job, Wolfsberg and Forest..... It showed a lot about his character in walking away from Forest and yes good luck to him at Twente.
    It's been covered on here before, but you do realize that Doughty had a very long meeting with McClaren before he resigned, since which hints by Doughty were made that he mentioned McClaren was in possible breech of contract for signing old players instead of the 'young hungry ones' he promised too?

And also that McClaren had said he was going to quit several times previous to actually quitting?

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    SM is not a bad manager.

We had a sqaud with some upset people in it, Camp was the biggest failing in the start of the season, allowing the defence to go to rat shit. And now he has admitted he was pissed off at not going to Swansea. Others in the squad were not happy with the new guys and higher wages.

So it was not McLaren who put us into this mess, nor is it Cotterill, it is the overpaid pussies who have been sulking, otherwise known as the squad.
    While you may have a point unfortunately that's how the real world and football work. If someone doesn't feel that they are getting what they deserve or need to do their job correctly it is the manager's responsibility to re-assure them that their future is in safe hands and that they will be looked after.

It was McClaren who agreed to bringing in overpaid, useless players so to say he is absolved of any responsibility is rubbish.

Also, do you or anyone else seriously expect players not to want to move to clubs which are achieving more and offering better pay than Forest? The only thing that will keep them here is their faith in the management and club - which Doughty decimated with all the pre-season changes. You can't blame a player for wanting to move on to better, however you can blame a manager for not bringing in the players needed to keep their faith - you think the players, Camp in particular, didn't know we needed a left back? and that they were overjoyed by Cohen, their teammate for several years, having to move to an unfamiliar position to accomodate a shower of shite on more money?

Sorry, but McClaren had a big say in a lot of those things. He's no manager - he may be a decent coach, but manager? Never.

Last edited by Doughty's Love Child; 23-01-12 at 10:13.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Doughty's Love Child View Post
    It's been covered on here before, but you do realize that Doughty had a very long meeting with McClaren before he resigned, since which hints by Doughty were made that he mentioned McClaren was in possible breech of contract for signing old players instead of the 'young hungry ones' he promised too?

And also that McClaren had said he was going to quit several times previous to actually quitting?

While you may have a point unfortunately that's how the real world and football work. If someone doesn't feel that they are getting what they deserve or need to do their job correctly it is the manager's responsibility to re-assure them that their future is in safe hands and that they will be looked after.

It was McClaren who agreed to bringing in overpaid, useless players so to say he is absolved of any responsibility is rubbish.

Also, do you or anyone else seriously expect players not to want to move to clubs which are achieving more and offering better pay than Forest? The only thing that will keep them here is their faith in the management and club - which Doughty decimated with all the pre-season changes. You can't blame a player for wanting to move on to better, however you can blame a manager for not bringing in the players needed to keep their faith - you think the players, Camp in particular, didn't know we needed a left back? and that they were overjoyed by Cohen, their teammate for several years, having to move to an unfamiliar position to accomodate a shower of shite on more money?

Sorry, but McClaren had a big say in a lot of those things. He's no manager - he may be a decent coach, but manager? Never.
    Have to agree there. McClaren could have let Camp go and brought in another goalkeeper. From what I hear, Camp was a long way from a McClaren fan - which probably compounded his feeling in wanting to leave.

The blame lies with McClaren - he's a decent manager at the higher end of the game, but he approached the Championship as though it would be the easy season before the hard work of getting back to the Premiership. He underestimated how hard the league is and the ability levels of the footballers. It's no coincidence that he's gone to a top level European team and once again suddenly done well.

I'm convinced the decison, whilst obviousy a bad one, to bring McClaren in was basically 'We're a shoe in for promotion, let's get ready for staying up', so they brought in a manager with top level experience. Sound theory, terrible execution.

Talk to me, Goose.

Best served cold

Hulky mate your a very intelligent poster but you leave your football under belly know-how exposed at times.

McClown can ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY work with a chequebook NOTHING ELSE, he cannot man manage nor as the skills to motivate, he had Max Clifford to stage manage his self importance and manage his entire demeanour to present himself as a "football man".

The man is a total leech gaining falsely ill-conceived plaudits upon men who actually know the game inside out.

And I tell you and everybody else concerned with Nottingham Forest FC that this man will go down in history as the one single appointment that led to the demise of the once double European Champions.

You will try and and come back with Doughtys promises, he won the poxy dutch league and so forth and pick the bones out of this post with figures or whatnot I've no doubt, but he's crap utter crap football manager and I know I'm right.

Sorry Hulk me owd china, you transcribe to the "style over content" generation that has been prevalent for over two decades.

Forgive.

I dunno what to say to this?

My thoughts merely are that mcclaren isnt that bad a manager as some claim. He had a bad situation at forest, which he and the board were both to blame for.

If he can only work with a chequebook then, how much has he spent as twente manager so far?
    Im curious.

Im not a fan of mcclaren, but i dont think he is as bad as some make him out to be. He was for us mind, but he hasnt been for his entire career

He was awful for us, but then so have most managers here during the last 13 years or so

Not sure how i can "transcribe" to anything, as im not taking anything and translating it?

If you are suggesting that i "subscribe" to the style over content generation, then id suggest you are equally just be carried away in a wave of media and internet hysteria aimed at mcclaren and are being far too easily led.

I dont subscribe to style over content, and im not a fan of mcclaren.

I just do not believe he is the anti christ, and my eyes can see that steve cotterill is a far worse manager in every cobcieveable sense.

I dont really like or dislike mcclaren- im completely indifferent to him.

I will say he is not the single appointment that has lead to the demise of the twice european champions though....that was when nigel doughty was appointed chairman.

Afterall it was he who put us in div 3, it was he who stripped the club, and its been he who has presided over the club being overtaken by the likes of norwich,swansea, wigan, bolton, wolves,birmingham,west brom, blackpool, qpr and co.
    Unless mcclarens been secretly in hiding at the club like "he who should not be named"

Mcclaren was just another nail in that coffin

Last edited by incapable hulk; 23-01-12 at 11:33.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Banned

[QUOTE=Red Rooster;1407338]He was obviously given false promises on team investment, squad quality, etc, you could see the frustration on his face after a few weeks into the job

QUOTE]

Like to explain why he walked away from a £ 2.5m payday if he was not in the wrong ?

Because he was claiming housing benefit and it would have affected his rent and council tax allowance, time to call Dominic Littlewood methinks!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro View Post
    Have you made this up?
    I have no proof, but there are strong suggestions that state that Routledge wanted £15k a week and 'the exec' would only sanction £14k. SMC offered to put in the extra grand out of his own pocket, rather than lose the player for the sake of such a small (comparitive) sum.

The history books will record the result..........

RIP Nigel Doughty

Just looking at the stats for 20 this season and, before McClaren took over, they had a goals/game ratio of over 3.5 goals/game and haven't been below 3rd since the 1st game of the season. A 5-0 win at home on his return really isn't that big a deal.

Rice IV

Just looking at the stats for 20 this season and, before McClaren took over, they had a goals/game ratio of over 3.5 goals/game and haven't been below 3rd since the 1st game of the season. A 5-0 win at home on his return really isn't that big a deal.
    We had similar stats before he arrived!

It's all about mid-table...

I hope Barbus Chivalry Boston JWJW etc are the true wise heads on here and things are not so bad, I really do.

Printed this thread off sealed it in envelope and put on top of my wardrobe for future reference.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We had similar stats before he arrived!
    Give him a preseason to wreck it all first

Honestly though I think that team in that league could be managed by Cotterill and succeed.

I hope Barbus Chivalry Boston JWJW etc are the true wise heads on here and things are not so bad, I really do.

Printed this thread off sealed it in envelope and put on top of my wardrobe for future reference.

My favourite was Rufus T Firefly - what a tit. The amount of times during McClaren's tenure I heard from him 'We're X points better off than we were this time last season' - he said he attended games, but he couldn't of done because even after the Barnsley game it was clear as plain day that we looked a far, FAR worse team than at any time under Billy.

Mr Mojo Risin'

after the Barnsley game it was clear as plain day that we looked a far, FAR worse team than at any time under Billy.
    Or Platt or Kinnear or Balsawood.

This squad in managing only to reach depths previously attained by Megson (in my time as a supporter). At least we don't have Darryl Powell any more.

Was interested to read that Mr Powell was (and maybe still is) Tudgay's agent.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin' View Post
    Or Platt or Kinnear or Balsawood.

This squad in managing only to reach depths previously attained by Megson (in my time as a supporter). At least we don't have Darryl Powell any more.

Was interested to read that Mr Powell was (and maybe still is) Tudgay's agent.

He's just won his second game 4-1 with them and no doubt people will call him a genius for taking a team which has a season average of scoring more than 3.5 goals a game from 3rd to 2nd or even 1st.

Give him some time to impose his vileness like he had at Forest and we'll see (also give him a league which isn't a piss pot one to do it in).

Last edited by Doughty's Love Child; 30-01-12 at 14:02.

John Barnes got Celtic to the lofty position of second in his time as manager there.

Now is that because John Barnes is a good manager ?

Or is it because the SPL is so shit you could actually put a Monkey in charge of Rangers and Celtic and still finish high in the league.

Same goes for the dutch league and the bankrolled FC Twente.

FC Twente won again yesterday, thrashing Gronigen 4-1 to move to second place in the League.

Schteeve's definitely got the midas touch in Holland - sad it didn't work out for him here thanks to the 'lynch mob' mentality of a few angry numpties who don't know owt about high-class european footballing styles

Last one standing

Honestly, I don't think that was the reason why it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kireek View Post
    John Barnes got Celtic to the lofty position of second in his time as manager there.

Now is that because John Barnes is a good manager ?

Or is it because the SPL is so shit you could actually put a Monkey in charge of Rangers and Celtic and still finish high in the league.

Same goes for the dutch league and the bankrolled FC Twente.
    Are you comparing the Eridivisie with the SPL and saying Twente are the Dutch equivalent of Celtic or Rangers?

I'm not defending McClaren in this post, but some of the reasons you lot are trying to dream up for him not getting hammered every week are absolutely absurd.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Are you comparing the Eridivisie with the SPL and saying Twente are the Dutch equivalent of Celtic or Rangers?

I'm not defending McClaren in this post, but some of the reasons you lot are trying to dream up for him not getting hammered every week are absolutely absurd.
    I don't think the comparison is that far apart - main difference being that in the dutch league there's 4 teams who usually in the mix as opposed to two. The gulf between top sides and bottom ones is certainly far bigger than in the Championship.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rooster View Post
    - sad it didn't work out for him here thanks to the mentality of a few angry numpties who don't know owt about high-class european footballing styles
    Like the first team?

Losing an unbeaten home record after only playing 2 home games! McClaren is amaizing!

It's all about mid-table...

He'll be gone soon enough, when will Clubs learn ?