Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: A Big thank you!

      
  1. #1
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default A Big thank you!

    Special thanks to all the guys and girls that organised the fund raising events for the Brian Clough Statue. I know Rich Fisher was heavilly envolved in a large amount of the organising of these fund raising events and a few guys on this forum contributed. Their efforts I feel have been forgotten in this momentus occasion and I am sure all fans would thank you for your sterling efforts.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

  3. #2
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,313

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Indeed. I wholeheartedly echo Dan's sentiments.


  4. #3
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    I don't think any of the folks involved in either the committee itself, or the fundraising activities, require any more thanks than seeing the unveiling yesterday.

    Magic.


  5. #4
    #FindElaine
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Weekdays; Surrey Wk/ends; #FindElaine
    Posts
    6,984

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Congo Red
    Indeed. I wholeheartedly echo Dan's sentiments.
    & so do I



    Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Congo Red
    Indeed. I wholeheartedly echo Dan's sentiments.
    And me .... without them yesterday would not have happened


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,402

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    I agree absolutely.


  8. #7
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,639

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Ditto!



    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,418

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Does anyone else think the club should have been more involved?

    It was only £60000, surely they could have chipped in so it happened sooner.


  10. #9
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    No, it would have defeated the point of the gesture of being a statue raised predominantly by the people of Nottingham (and beyond, of course)... the club were very supportive of these endeavours, but recognised the aim of it.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    in short they are tight arses


  12. #11
    aka Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,151

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    The time is certainly right for the club to create some kind of monument for Clough at the CG.


  13. #12
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Aside from the biggest structure at the place bearing his name?

    If we don't stay there, what's the point?


  14. #13
    aka Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,151

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Aside from the biggest structure at the place bearing his name?

    If we don't stay there, what's the point?
    As Cloughie himself said, for what I did for them they should have named the stadium after me.

    A statue can be moved can it not? Besides, I will not hold my breath over any move.


  15. #14
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Perhaps. He seemed pretty chuffed when the stand was renamed.

    I can understand the club's reticence to spend too long dwelling in the past; it's okay for the fans, but as incumbent manager and owner etc they need to look forward.


  16. #15
    aka Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,151

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Perhaps.* He seemed pretty chuffed when the stand was renamed.

    I can understand the club's reticence to spend too long dwelling in the past; it's okay for the fans, but as incumbent manager and owner etc they need to look forward.*
    Fair point, I am one for looking forward and favour a move from the CG for the sake of progress - I am just sceptical. However, in my honest opinion, the club have not done enough to honour Clough or for that matter, Peter Taylor. After all, the idea of moving to a bigger, better stadium would not even be a consideration if it were not for them giving us the success on which our fan base is built.


  17. #16
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Oh I agree with you; but why now? D'you see what I mean.

    I certainly agree their attitude toward Peter Taylor stinks completely. But that's the way it is.

    If I were in charge I'd have statues of both of 'em at the entrance to the Main Stand - but I'm not, and if the powers that be don't want 'em, then that's that really. No point in grizzling about it.

    I don't imagine either Clough or Taylor are particularly bothered now about the lack of suitable recognition in terms of structural things at the ground; and so long as the Forest fans know what both contributed to our status then that's really all the memorial they need.

    I was stood at the Clough statue earlier waiting for the other Rices, and a chap with his young son came to see it. "Who is that, Daddy?" asked the lad. His Dad picked him up, took him to look closer at it, and said "That's Brian Clough, he made Forest great - and made Nottingham famous, he was the best manager in football, and he worked here for 18 years."

    So long as Dads and Mums are educating their sons and daughters about such matters, then I don't think any of the material stuff really matters - that said, I'm chuffed to high fuckery with the Clough statue, it's bloody brilliant.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,719

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    I was talking to my sister earlier and she had mentioned that she had been to see the statue.

    She said that when she went up for a closer look she overheard some young lads who had gone over to see it - saying who the eck is Brian Clough? to the horror of some old people near by who gave them a long and detailed explanation of who Brian Clough is and what he did?

    It's nice to see that something like a statue not only pays respect to the great man but also helps bring people together who would not normally converse with each other etc.

    Also would like to add to the sentiments of this thread especially after some of the unwarranted abuse that was given towards the committee on here during the planning stages.


  19. #18
    aka Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,151

    Default Re: A Big thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Oh I agree with you; but why now?* D'you see what I mean.

    I certainly agree their attitude toward Peter Taylor stinks completely.* But that's the way it is.

    If I were in charge I'd have statues of both of 'em at the entrance to the Main Stand - but I'm not, and if the powers that be don't want 'em, then that's that really.* No point in grizzling about it.

    I don't imagine either Clough or Taylor are particularly bothered now about the lack of suitable recognition in terms of structural things at the ground; and so long as the Forest fans know what both contributed to our status then that's really all the memorial they need.

    I was stood at the Clough statue earlier waiting for the other Rices, and a chap with his young son came to see it.* "Who is that, Daddy?" asked the lad.* His Dad picked him up, took him to look closer at it, and said "That's Brian Clough, he made Forest great - and made Nottingham famous, he was the best manager in football, and he worked here for 18 years."

    So long as Dads and Mums are educating their sons and daughters about such matters, then I don't think any of the material stuff really matters - that said, I'm chuffed to high f**kery with the Clough statue, it's b****y brilliant.
    Fair do's - agree about Taylor, its a tragic oversight largely based on bitterness I am led to believe.

    I have yet to see the statue as I am now merely a brief visitor to the city but I will make a concerted effort to see it when I am next it town. It is indeed a credit to the supporters and I must confess to a huge feeling of pride and emotion when I saw the piccys on the web - it will be something to tell the gran kids thats for sure. *


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •