Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if players are sold but none come in, or there's no movement at all?

RIP Nigel Doughty

Default What if players are sold but none come in, or there's no movement at all?

There's nothing really to suggest that will be the case yet, but having experienced several transfer windows with no deals done, and taking into account that we need to sell before we buy, I was just wondering what would people think may happen should we sell a few players but not bring any in? It's an unusual situation baring in mind our current owner has essentially washed his hands of the club and is just waiting for a buyer.

Would the club just hang on to the money and see the season out, using the money to payoff Cotterill and the current backroom staff if we are relegated?

Would Doughty sell the likes of Gunts, Camp etc. and just pocket the money, not giving Cotterill or Clark any to spend ever?

Would the club just hang on to the money so that we had enough to go straight out and but someone in the summer?

etc.

Or even what people would think should there be no movement at all? - none in, none out.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mr Mojo Risin'

Default Re: What if players are sold but none come in, or there's no movement at all?

Doughty will not sell anyone, he is not involved in running the club any more.

Sadly we will not buy anyone without selling first, clubs knowing our predicament may make some speculative low offers. Unfortunately I doubt any of those that we wouldn't mind going will probably be here to stay.

It's all about mid-table...

Default Re: What if players are sold but none come in, or there's no movement at all?

I think essentially we have what we have and that's your lot, been no interest in any Forest player apart from Guntz.

If nothing happens and depending on which League we are in next season, out of contract players will have to take huge wage drops or let go for nothing.

Resident foodie!

We need to sign a winger. We have strikers who, with the right service, will score goals.

We also need to sign a centre back. I don't care if they're permanent or loan deals, we need them.

If we go through this month without making a single addition then we're going to get relegated. I honestly believe that.

Resident foodie!

Think there have been offers for more than just Gunter already but we've turned them all down.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Think there have been offers for more than just Gunter already but we've turned them all down.
    Cotterill said not yesterday, unless you mean before the transfer window.

Resident foodie!

Yeah, before. I was going off what Frank Clark said as well.

Maybe he meant enquiries rather than offers.

deleted

We need to sign a winger. We have strikers who, with the right service, will score goals.
    Hmm, I can only assume you haven't been to many matches for .... oooh, the last few years.

Unless we have a striker that can put on a bit of pace and make it into the box to get on the end of a cross then wingers are pretty much pointless.

Last few seasons we've had Tyson crossing to nobody in the box, this season we've got McCleary to do that.

I know you're not going to like this but it seems to me that the club has misunderstood what the fans are.
    They depend on loyalty & habit making us return each season. They have forgotten though that we are also customers.
    Recently my wife & I have felt increasingly ripped off every time we shop at Tesco's. So guess what? We no longer shop there.
    Now this is where those in charge at Forest make their biggest mistake. They know there is no way any of us are going to support a different team so they presume that therefore we'll just keep turning up on matchdays & put up with whatever crap they decide will do.
    'Fraid not. I cannot afford a season ticket which leaves me free to pick & choose. But with an afternoons football costing me nearly £40, (small beans if your well off, a sacrifice of something else if struggling), I, the customer, am now looking at the product on offer & feeling ripped off.
    1. The ground is a dump
    2. The concessions are overpriced & frankly mostly crap
    3. The club shop goudges everyone & sells a whole lot of truly awful tat
    4. The stewards are thugs
    5. They can't even play music anyone likes
    6. The decisions in the past 10 years have shown a complete disregard for the fans. In fact I feel that the club hates my guts & would rather I didn't exist.
    7. The team are disinterested, the manager, though trying his best, is incompetent.

I won't mention the dire standard of football. That is par the course for any team, highs'n'lows & all that.
    Frankly at the moment the only reason for going is that Forest are in my blood & I enjoy the humour of the fans.
    But frankly, of late, some fans are getting nasty & at £40 quid a go nostalgia is getting a bit expensive when you're broke.

Resident foodie!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba View Post
    Hmm, I can only assume you haven't been to many matches for .... oooh, the last few years.

Unless we have a striker that can put on a bit of pace and make it into the box to get on the end of a cross then wingers are pretty much pointless.

Last few seasons we've had Tyson crossing to nobody in the box, this season we've got McCleary to do that.
    Marcus Tudgay has proved this season that he can score goals and Blackstock has managed it the last couple and I reckon once he's back to fitness, along with Marlon Harewood, he'll manage a few.

We need a winger who can cross the ball like Reid who is not Reid cause he's incredibly slow.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin' View Post
    Doughty will not sell anyone, he is not involved in running the club any more.
    I just wondered if the club sell whether Doughty could simply say - 'I've invested 30/70/100m (whichever), I'm having that money to buy my daughter a pony and a yacht'?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I think essentially we have what we have and that's your lot, been no interest in any Forest player apart from Guntz.

If nothing happens and depending on which League we are in next season, out of contract players will have to take huge wage drops or let go for nothing.
    This is the weird scenario we face isn't it? Players on the books who are dross, but won't leave. Gunna be very interesting if we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by thefriarofdoom View Post
    6. The decisions in the past 10 years have shown a complete disregard for the fans. In fact I feel that the club hates my guts & would rather I didn't exist.
    4 & 5 are two things that the club could sort out in no time. We know that the stewards have to abide by FA policies, but their attitude can be curbed by the club - soon it will get to a point where those who like a scrap are going to the ground to have one with the stewards not the rival fans. And the whole music thing is a peice of piss to sort - online poll for registered Forest Player subscribers to choose. Again I'll e-mail the club but I dare say it'll be ignored.

As for 6 - hence the name 'Doughty's Love Child' - we've been made to feel like the left overs, by-products and afterthoughts of Doughty having his wicked way with the club.

Marcus Tudgay has proved this season that he can score goals and Blackstock has managed it the last couple and I reckon once he's back to fitness, along with Marlon Harewood, he'll manage a few.
    Thing is lads, with a lack of pace in the side with Tyson's departure and a lack of goals in the side with Earnshaw's, we may need both

Last edited by Doughty's Love Child; 12-01-12 at 12:44.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

expected miller to go to boro but they seem to be looking towards jutkiewicz now. doubt they'll want two strikers. presumably marlon came in on the assumption that one or two strikers would leave.

seems to be a very quiet window all over so far

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Marvell View Post
    We need a winger who can cross the ball like Reid who is not Reid cause he's incredibly slow.
    Exactly. Like Garath McCleary but a one that can hit a player that is in his own team at least once a game. I can't work out why a professional footballer can get to the this level of the game and still not be able to pass a ball to a team mate that is ten metres away. How hard can it be?

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by osakamatt View Post
    expected miller to go to boro but they seem to be looking towards jutkiewicz now. doubt they'll want two strikers. presumably marlon came in on the assumption that one or two strikers would leave.

seems to be a very quiet window all over so far
    Yeah, skint clubs, skint fans, tough times and we choose to throw away 3 years work building a solid team foundation and throw as much money at a bald/ginger tosser as we can. Insert approprite phrase for Mr Doughty - 'finger & pulse' or 'arse & elbow'

Gutted we've not recouped some money for Miller, who knows he may keep us up, but he'd be no 1 on my list to lose simply because of the financial aspects.

Last edited by Doughty's Love Child; 12-01-12 at 12:28.

Want Miller or Derbyshire to go shame because I liked Derbyshire when he was at Blackburn

Don't expect anyone to go. I hope Doughty (yes, I know he's 'no longer' involved) will finance a couple of loan moves til the end of the season which can keep us.

We need a winger and a centre back for six months, basically. Re-evaluate in Summer.

.k I m
    I m u mm

TheDude

New signings are really needed if for anything just to freshen things up. Couple of loans in the right places will do if permanent signings can't be done.

Best served cold

Marcus tudgay hasnt really proved he can score goals though has he? During our run of not scoring, he was our star forward- complaining every week about goalkeepers stopping his shots.

Tudgay in his career has only managed double figures once I think- he does not score goals on a regular basis.

Tudgay has had a lot of fantastic chances this season, that he has completely failed to put away.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 12-01-12 at 19:58.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Tudgay has had a lot of fantastic chances, that he has completely failed to put away.
    A bit like Forest as a club then.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    A bit like Forest as a club then.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by thefriarofdoom View Post
    I know you're not going to like this but it seems to me that the club has misunderstood what the fans are.
    They depend on loyalty & habit making us return each season. They have forgotten though that we are also customers.
    Recently my wife & I have felt increasingly ripped off every time we shop at Tesco's. So guess what? We no longer shop there.
    Now this is where those in charge at Forest make their biggest mistake. They know there is no way any of us are going to support a different team so they presume that therefore we'll just keep turning up on matchdays & put up with whatever crap they decide will do.
    'Fraid not. I cannot afford a season ticket which leaves me free to pick & choose. But with an afternoons football costing me nearly £40, (small beans if your well off, a sacrifice of something else if struggling), I, the customer, am now looking at the product on offer & feeling ripped off.
    1. The ground is a dump
    2. The concessions are overpriced & frankly mostly crap
    3. The club shop goudges everyone & sells a whole lot of truly awful tat
    7. The team are disinterested, the manager, though trying his best, is incompetent.

I won't mention the dire standard of football. That is par the course for any team, highs'n'lows & all that.
    Frankly at the moment the only reason for going is that Forest are in my blood & I enjoy the humour of the fans.
    But frankly, of late, some fans are getting nasty & at £40 quid a go nostalgia is getting a bit expensive when you're broke.
    That's all sad and in my view what is largely what is wrong with the modern football supporter.

I've supported Forest since God was a lad and I've seen the best of times and the worst of times and I've enjoyed it all. You think the facilities are shit now? You should have been there in the seventies.

The instant or semi instant success you crave just just isn't there at the moment but things will get better there will be better seasons. there will be flowing exciting football again. Maybe next year or maybe in ten years in the meantime just chill out and enjoy the ride.

if you don't want to support the club because of the current situation then you were probably never a real fan in the first place.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by Doughty's Love Child View Post
    Yeah, skint clubs, skint fans, tough times and we choose to throw away 3 years work building a solid team foundation and throw as much money at a bald/ginger tosser as we can. Insert approprite phrase for Mr Doughty - 'finger & pulse' or 'arse & elbow'
    You need to get over the Doughty hate thing and move on. The past is the past let it go.

I think we all know how you feel but repetition does not make it any more or less true.

Chill man.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    You need to get over the Doughty hate thing and move on. The past is the past let it go.

I think we all know how you feel but repetition does not make it any more or less true.

Chill man.
    Yeah your right, it's just so many problems seem to end up leading back there

Banned

Doughty will simply sell who he can for what he can before finally selling up, he will then claim to have forgone all his money