Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is cotterill rubbish?

Is it about my cube?

Default is cotterill rubbish?

just wondering what you think. i was impressed at first, and i'm looking forward to seeing what he does in january. a bit of creative trading to restore balance is exactly what we need, and i hope he ships out some of those that don't want to be here.
    however his team now seem unmotivated, without any particular pattern of play, without any ideas about how to break teams down. all we do is pop aimless crosses into the box and hope someone might be there on the end of them. this to me doesn't really constitute tactics and i'm starting fear we've got another clueless manager. i don't hate him like i did mcclaren, and i'm not going to get on his back yet, but depending on what january brings that could definitely change.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: is cotterill rubbish?

Yes. Very. A lot of people didn't want him because it was fairly obvious he's rubbish. Supposedly his best achievement was 12 games in League 2 with the most expensively assembled squad that league has ever seen.

Garbage.

Copy pastaing this from elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    'The players are obviously under performing but the man directing the ship is utterly clueless too. He's tried them in every position because he doesn't know what to do. He's so slow to react to things happening on the field that his substitutions always take 15-20 minutes longer than they should. He continues to play 'square pegs'. He continues to be all happy clappy, saying how well we played and eventually it'll fall for us despite being contained easily by the likes of Palace and Peterborough at home.

Epitomised the other week by not having a defender on the bench and losing Morgan, only to scratch his head on the touchline for 10 minutes before deciding what to do. Then playing Lynch and Anderson from the start when both had niggles. Releasing Karlton Watson who, despite obviously not good enough, would be better than literally no one if we lost Chambers or Moussi whilst Lynch and Morgan recover.'

.k I m
    I m u mm

I think I have always made my feelings clear about him from the moment his name was mentioned.

Not a Forest type manager at all.

The players are wank for a start but Steve doesn't seem to be the man to keep us up....I'm hoping he can turn us around because the last thing we want is another manager change.

It does make things worse when we are peppered with injuries...

Why is it the last thing we need?

Would be pretty close to the top of my list of things that need to change.

Won't happen though as we are skint so I am expecting dark days ahead with the better players being sold and replaced with Cotterill type "footballers".

We have witnessed that this bunch aren't a bad set of players but I fear that what we will bring in will be "triers" with limited ability.

May possibly work short-term but I expect nothing but a slow decline over the coming years.

Banned

3.5 years of this dunderhead, ye Gods WTF were the chuckles thinking of.

winnits

He seems like a lovely fellow. But alas, yes, I fear he is rubbish.

Aye seems like a good bloke, but abolsutely clueless manager. He will take us down. Thats for sure.

nakkernino del clusto

Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    He seems like a lovely fellow. But alas, yes, I fear he is rubbish.
    Inclined to agree. Big step down from McClaren in my opinion.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich

Inclined to agree. Big step down from McClaren in my opinion.
    I think we are in the minority but I couldn't agree more.

OMG.......

Im finding myself agreeing with all the above.

Have to agree with this after seeing yesterdays performance. He hasn't got a clue. There are loads of simple things he can tell the players. Tell Camp to try and roll it out to a forest player rather than seeing how far he can boot the ball (Av It!!! springs to mind). Tell the players to face the ball rather than turn their backs and walk away this would be throw ins, ball in keepers hands, free kicks, corners. We cant cross the ball so tell McCleary to get to the byline and drill it in low with pace. Tell all the players to pass the ball along the floor instead of hoofing it up and hoping for the best. Tell the fairy back four to try to tackle rather than just watching the ball and hoping it will come to them.

And if he really doesnt know what to do then ring Billy up and ask him what to do.

Is it just me, or does Cotterill have a irrational fear of substitutions?

RIP Nigel Doughty

He's not good, but I don't think even Cloughie in his prime could do much with this squad and coaching team (just look how much of a difference it made losing Peter Taylor made, imagine trying to lumber him with Rob Kelly and JFH )

Was underwhelmed with his appointment, but he can keep us up given a bit of backing, which he hasn't been. Some of his decisions are baffling though, Raddy on the left etc. he's not a tactician thats fer sure.

3.5 year contract was a joke too, although it makes clear that the clubs intentions are, in order:

1) Get rid of as many players as it takes to balance the boooks
    2) Have a manager in charge who will not speak out regardless of board/owner decisions.
    3) Ignore the fans, especially anything sensible they ask for such as employing a manager which got to the playoffs with a fair majority of the current squad.
    4) Worry about relegation another day as fans who were predicting Forest to finish bottom 3 are like 'Marvin the Paranoid Andriod' according to Nigel Doughty.

Cotterill is finally realizing what an impossible task McClaren and Doughty left him.

I don't think so.

He's been left with a massively unbalanced squad; which is now crippled with injuries.

When he started he knew in Jan he had to address left back and the wing.

Now he has to address central defence, poss both full backs, the wing and up front!!

He's being dealt a shit pack of cards and is now getting fucked at every corner.

All things considered I don't think he's doing too bad

Nigel Doughty is 100% to blame for this.....NOT Cotterill

I said Dave jones as he is proven at this level but we went for cotts the board have not got a clue when it comes to the big decisions league 1 here we come cotts out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wilse View Post
    I don't think so.

He's been left with a massively unbalanced squad; which is now crippled with injuries.

When he started he knew in Jan he had to address left back and the wing.

Now he has to address central defence, poss both full backs, the wing and up front!!

He's being dealt a shit pack of cards and is now getting fucked at every corner.

All things considered I don't think he's doing too bad
    We've lost 6 out of the last 8 and only scored in one of those 8 games. That is woeful whatever the circumstances are.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wilse View Post
    Nigel Doughty is 100% to blame for this.....NOT Cotterill
    Can't agree with 100% of responsibility falling on ND's shoulders; surely the players have to take some of the blame.
    Cotterill's decision to take the job appears to be fuelled solely by self-interest.
    He was about to lose his job at Portsmouth when in walked Forest with a compensation agreement and a 3.5 year contract.
    He must have thought Christmas had come very early as he avoided the publicity of a sacking and he joined a club where the Executive and Owner's expectations are very low.
    I would imagine the salary he has taken would be lower than for the other candidates, with big bonus elements for avoiding the drop, getting to the play-offs etc...
    SC has to carry the responsibility of poor tactics and even poorer substitutions, but we have got what the new Chairman and the Exec wanted - someone who would tow the line and not cost too much.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by barky View Post
    We've lost 6 out of the last 8 and only scored in one of those 8 games. That is woeful whatever the circumstances are.
    True, but Doughty and McClaren have left the worst of circumstances for him to operate in, which shouldn't be underestimated.

No. He's shite.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with any of the above, but how do we explain the three wins out of four that immediately followed his appointment? They were good wins too. We were pretty much all chuffed to bits with SC eight games ago, so how has it all gone so wrong so quickly? And would it be completely unreasonable to suggest that we've been a bit unlucky not to have won at least two or three of the last eight games? Had we picked up the extra nine points that three of our last eight games might on another day have brought us, we'd be mid-table, six points off the play-offs and just a point behind Derby. Just saying.

Well bearing in mind the team he's got to pick from the only criticisms I have is playing McGugan and not playing Reid.

What more can he do until January?! He's not even been allowed his own staff to try make a difference!!