Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Rice IV

Default Playoffs

I know we've been poor lately, and to be honest my outlook finds it difficult to be too down about it.

However, the league we're in is decidedly close. We're not one of the teams who can win it, the handful are already pulling clear, but as it stands we're still only 3 good results away from being in the playoff mix.

A decent run over Christmas could see us climb the table quite sharply.

Am I the only one who is still looking at the playoffs rather than staving off relegation?

Similar Threads:
    Talk to me, Goose.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Am I the only one who is still looking at the playoffs rather than staving off relegation?
    Yes.

Miserable bastard

I know we've been poor lately, and to be honest my outlook finds it difficult to be too down about it.

However, the league we're in is decidedly close. We're not one of the teams who can win it, the handful are already pulling clear, but as it stands we're still only 3 good results away from being in the playoff mix.

Whilst I admire your positivity Rich, I have seen nothing that suggestes we could put such a run together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich

Have you forgotten who our manager is?

Any higher than mid-table and he gets a nosebleed

No your not rich I also have looked at table and seen that a good xmass and jam could well have us in the mix come the important point of the season.

But then again that because ATM I'm clinging to any hope there is of something positive about this season.

If wages do get freed up over the jan period I would like to see some of it invested into Steve bringing his own staff here as that could benefit us more than more numbers in the squad.

Anyone of our starting 11 hitting form would be like a new signing and maybe new coaching staff and ideas could help this happen

Who cares Anyway...?

I am and always have been one of the most optimistic, "glass half full" type of people you're likely to meet, but I have to say I am struggling to see us getting above mid table.....

After the wins vs Blackpool, boro and reading I thought it was possible but now I've accepted that its going to be a relagation battle.

TheDude

If there's a chance I believe but I'm not going to be heartbroken if we don't make them

Wow Rich! I'm forever the optimist to my detriment but THIS is a big ask. I must admit I still look at the points gap between us and 6th place but am getting increasingly dispondent at how much that gap is growing.

Still, other sides have done it before from being in or around the bottom three around xmas (Palace a couple of years ago springs to mind). I guess a lot depends on what goes on over the January transfer window. I seem to remember hoping for such things before.

Better off accepting whats bound to happen coz if any1 thinks we are gonna make *** play-offs is just gonna be let down we had our chance an blew it if we can survive this season then maybe next season

i fancy us to sneak into the play-offs next season, fucking league 1 play-offs though

Can somebody see any prerequisites for us to climb up the table?

Where would another 24 goalless draws put us?

Until we have 50 points then I will not listen to talk of us being good enough for the playoffs.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Where would another 24 goalless draws put us?
    To sleep.

I fancy us to score a goal by the end of the xmas period.

As much as I'd love to believe this were possible, I think that it'd take a minor miracle to see us push for the playoffs now. The right moves in the transfer window could see this miracle happen - it's not too far a stretch of the imagination to see one or two key players come in (namely someone with some real leadership) and thus the players re-finding their old form - but I think we'd do far better to prepare ourselves for the reality of a relegation scrap and start hoping for such things when/if we've gone several games unbeaten and are clear of the relegation zone.

Last edited by Mr Jester; 20-12-11 at 15:54.

We are absolute relegation fodder, We will be VERY lucky to be in with a chance of survival come the last month of the season. Being in with a chance of survival on the last day is really the best we can hope for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    I fancy us to score a goal by the end of the xmas period.
    Brave prediction!!!

TheDude

Let's just score a goal first then win a game. Maybe then get on a run and away from the bottom. See where we are in the last couple of months and who knows.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    Brave prediction!!!
    Not really. We've got Posh on boxing day who are more likely to be involved in a 4-3 than a 1-0.

The last time we actually won a game is now over a calendar month ago.
    We have not scored a single goal in that time.
    And this guy seems to think we have a chance at a play off spot

Posh will probably beat us 4 - 0 then... their usual 4-3 but without us scoring!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    The last time we actually won a game is now over a calendar month ago.
    We have not scored a single goal in that time.
    Not having the best of times are we?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    Posh will probably beat us 4 - 0 then... their usual 4-3 but without us scoring!!!
    Considering that their game against Coventry produced their first clean sheet so far this season, in any competition. I'd hazard the odds of scoring even one goal are on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Not having the best of times are we?
    No we certainly are not.
    Ive supported Forest for many years now, and i have to say that this is by far and away the worst I have ever seen them.
    ATM I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Play Offs indeed