Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: Jamaal Lascelles

      
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Jamaal Lascelles

    What would be best for nottingham forest football club . Putting Jamaal Lascelles in the first team or selling him to aresnal for 7 million and using that money for transfers ?

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    7 million?

    7 million.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default

    There's no way someone will give us 7 million outright.

    500k up front and a shed load of add ons more like.


  5. #4
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    85,809

    Default

    We're not going to get £7m for Jamaal. Nowhere near it.

    Arsenal may have money but they aren't stupid - especially with the recently announced Elite Player Performance Plan meaning they could pick him up cheaper.

    And if we sell him, how much is it going to cost us to replace him?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  6. #5

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Why would a player who has not played a single first team game be worth 7 million and if was worth that much, get him the first team ASAP.!!!


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    966

    Default

    I think EPPP only effects under 17's and Lascelles is over 17....I think?!


  8. #7
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    17,556

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    If someone was stupid enough to offer £7m for any of our players I wouldn't even let the ink on the offer dry before I'd accepted it.

    But no-one will be. £1m + a load of add ons at best. That might need thinking about but it would depend on how the club really rates him.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,862

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wilse View Post
    I think EPPP only effects under 17's and Lascelles is over 17....I think?!
    I think you are correct.


  10. #9
    I'm not famous anymore!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I think you are correct.
    I think you're both correct


  11. #10
    Resident foodie!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seaford, East Sussex
    Posts
    14,095

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    They paid £1.5m for Carl Jenkinson, rising to £2.5m. We won't get any more than that but I'd be willing to let them have him if that kind of cash is on the table. We could buy two or three decent players for that easily.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Is getting 2m in really gonna help that much?! We need to reduce wages not have a one off windfall of cash.

    If we get 2m we won't spend it coz the wage bill is too high, so it will just service debt


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    mansfield
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    what i want to know is why we arent playing him.


  14. #13
    I hate r**s scum
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    D###yshire
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Because were Nottingham Forest mate we don't do home grown talent anymore we just fuck them all off to shite teams where they become legends fuckin typical


  15. #14
    I hate r**s scum
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    D###yshire
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Forgot to say then we buy them back when there shit


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    beyond the Iron Curtain
    Posts
    1,133

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Considering that the amount of threads dedicated to Jamaal already reached 7 million mark I wouldn't sell him for less than £15 million.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by vojaksvejk View Post
    Considering that the amount of threads dedicated to Jamaal already reached 7 million mark I wouldn't sell him for less than £15 million.
    And if we're not settling for less than 15, we could try and push for £20 million!!!


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,612

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Clubs will only pay big money for lower league players who have shown their class in competitive league games - Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain earned Southampton the transfers fees by being played.

    So my plan would be to get rid of Morgan (shock horror) and go with Chambers, Lynch and Lascelles for next season


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    3,380

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    And if we're not settling for less than 15, we could try and push for £20 million!!!
    Nothing less than £50 million. Then we can use £35 million of that to buy back James Perch!


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by The_City_Is_Ours View Post
    Clubs will only pay big money for lower league players who have shown their class in competitive league games - Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain earned Southampton the transfers fees by being played.

    So my plan would be to get rid of Morgan (shock horror) and go with Chambers, Lynch and Lascelles for next season
    Arsenal paid big money for Carl Jenkinson with him barely playing any league football.


  21. #20

    Default

    Sell the future of the club to buy another 2/3 average players that don't give a damn? Would rather sell the overpaid, overrated first team players and build again using our promising academy.
    I'm glad that Bamford's name isn't being pimped about yet as for me he is the lad with the most talent I have seen in the academy.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Sell the future of the club to buy another 2/3 average players that don't give a damn? Would rather sell the overpaid, overrated first team players and build again using our promising academy.
    I'm glad that Bamford's name isn't being pimped about yet as for me he is the lad with the most talent I have seen in the academy.
    Could Bamford be the fox-in-the-box finisher type striker that we lost with Earnshaw?


  23. #22

    Default

    From what I have seen, he's a different sort of player to Earnie


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by Windows View Post
    Arsenal paid big money for Carl Jenkinson with him barely playing any league football.
    £1 million? Academy kids have gone for more than that.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    From what I have seen, he's a different sort of player to Earnie
    What striker would you compare his style to?


  26. #25

    Default Re: Jamaal Lascelles

    Quote Originally Posted by D***y Red View Post
    What striker would you compare his style to?
    Dean Saunders!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •