Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 159

Thread: George Boateng?

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,548

    Default George Boateng?

    George Boateng isn't the best or worst player i have seen in a Forest shirt but despite some criticism i thought he did ok for a 36 year old at the start of the season. Then became injured and therefore hasn't been seen since, He isn't mentioned anywhere re the returning injured players like Anderson,Blackstock and McCleary and only Chrissy Cohen is only mentioned as the only long term absentee. Has Georgie done a Tevez and buggered off into the sunset or is there something else to this?

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    FOREST!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    4,279

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I asked this to him on twitter on the 22 October and this is what he said:

    @georgekoffie will you be fit to play against your old club next week?

    @ForestFanJoe1 i have been working so hard for the last 3 weeks and this is as close as i have been to making myself available for selection



    Feel's as though he has been told he isn't in Cotterill's plan's.


  4. #3

    Default

    I don't think we will see him again. He was only here due to Steve Mc


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,548

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I was told at the Approach by decent sources that Nigel Doughty didn't want to touch Boateng due to age and wages but McClaren was very keen to get Boateng and Doughty finally gave in but this was the beginning of the end re Doughty and McClaren.


  6. #5
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I used to love Sooty and Sweep and especially Sue.
    Somewhere some TY executive responsible for axing that and destroying the Corbett family is sleeping.
    I am sending my killer rats to chew his testicles off.

    I fancied Sue, no more than that, I loved her.

    Sweep was the funniest creature in the universe. Nigel Doughty ruined this for all of us.


  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    I was told at the Approach by decent sources that Nigel Doughty didn't want to touch Boateng due to age and wages but McClaren was very keen to get Boateng and Doughty finally gave in but this was the beginning of the end re Doughty and McClaren.
    I knew from the moment we were linked with him that it was SMC doing his old mate a favour. Wasted wages we can't afford at the moment


  8. #7
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I dunno, he provided more valuable input on the pitch than Reid or Greening if you do a rudimentary 'contribution per minute' type observation..


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,377

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    I dunno, he provided more valuable input on the pitch than Reid or Greening if you do a rudimentary 'contribution per minute' type observation..
    The toe nail I spat on the pitch has had more contribution than Greening, Reidy ate the bloody thing.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Seems like we could do with boateng at the mo

    Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

  11. #10

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    I used to love Sooty and Sweep and especially Sue.
    Somewhere some TY executive responsible for axing that and destroying the Corbett family is sleeping.
    I am sending my killer rats to chew his testicles off.

    I fancied Sue, no more than that, I loved her.

    Sweep was the funniest creature in the universe. Nigel Doughty ruined this for all of us.
    You're clearly lying, because if you really loved her you'd know her name was spelt SOO!


  12. #11
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    The last time I saw us play, I remarked upon leaving the ground that we missed Boateng's distribution.
    I was dressed as a nun.


  13. #12
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    To me, it would seem to be a profound irony of this post-modern age that the only time one gets to see nuns that you would like to indulge in sexual foreplay is in Italian S&M movies.


  14. #13
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Some bloke called Frankie from the X factor begged two blonds for a threesome and it made the front page of the Sun.
    I've been begging my two gerbils for a threesome for years and no one has ever paid it any attention.


  15. #14
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    39,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    Some bloke called Frankie from the X factor begged two blonds for a threesome and it made the front page of the Sun.
    I've been begging my two gerbils for a threesome for years and no one has ever paid it any attention.
    You are Richard Gere etc..

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,613

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    George Boateng isn't the best or worst player i have seen in a Forest shirt but despite some criticism i thought he did ok for a 36 year old at the start of the season. Then became injured and therefore hasn't been seen since, He isn't mentioned anywhere re the returning injured players like Anderson,Blackstock and McCleary and only Chrissy Cohen is only mentioned as the only long term absentee. Has Georgie done a Tevez and buggered off into the sunset or is there something else to this?
    I really wouldn't hold any hope of Boateng making anything other than a very minor contribution to Forest before leaving in Jan. He really is McClaren's Mannini.

    The fact that we're paying him a wage instead of still having McKenna available winds me up every time I think about it.


  17. #16
    Smithy6916
    Guest

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Amazingly, Boateng has been the finest of Ssschteve's signings*, down in no small part to the astute decision to pick up an injury and see out the final dark days of the 'McClaren Era' from the shelter of the treatment room (See also Anderson, P and Blackstock, D for examples of players whose stock has risen immeasurably in their absence). I fully expect, however, to see an attempt to ship him out at the earliest opportunity come January - though whether anyone else will be desperate enough to take him off our hands is open to debate.

    *Damn with faint praise is an English idiom for words that effectively condemn by seeming to offer praise which is too moderate or marginal to be considered praise at all


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Isn't he also on a relatively low wage for a Schteve signing, something like 4k a week? For that he'd be worth keeping in the squad as backup for when the Moose gets injured or suspended.


  19. #18
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    39,123

    Default


    *Damn with faint praise is an English idiom for words that effectively condemn by seeming to offer praise which is too moderate or marginal to be considered praise at all
    It's like saying "the classier parts of D***y".




  20. #19
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    33,195

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by trickytrees View Post
    Isn't he also on a relatively low wage for a Schteve signing, something like 4k a week? For that he'd be worth keeping in the squad as backup for when the Moose gets injured or suspended.
    Yes he's apparently one of the lower wage earners and was signed as a back up player. He only came because McClaren was here though, and so I can imagine his face not fitting with the current manager.

    Champagne Super Over

  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    It's like saying "the classier parts of D***y".

    Oi


  22. #21
    Smithy6916
    Guest

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    George Boateng isn't the best or worst player i have seen in a Forest shirt
    Steve McClaren isn't the worst manager I've ever seen in the City Ground dugout, but he's in the bottom one...

    Last edited by Smithy6916; 12-11-11 at 13:19.

  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,615

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I think some of our players could have learnt something from Boateng. He was still mobile and showed a know-how sadly missing in some of our other players. The problem with me is that I can't subscribe to the 'everything associated with McClaren is crap' school of thought. I can't invent things that don't happen ie Greening gives the ball away all the time, Derbyshire dives all the time, etc. If people gave the latter two a chance, they would see they can add something to the squad. Interesting, Smithy - you mention that Ando and Dex are seen by some people as the answer to all our ills; yes, both can add to what we have, but I hope people don't suddenly expect Dex to score 25 a season (he's excellent at holding the ball up and getting others into the game) and I hope people don't expect Ando to race from the half way line with the ball, because he ain't going to do that! However, I may be in a minority, but with these two coming back, I believe we have a much stronger squad than last season and once organised can start to give us results we can be proud of.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Venue 44
    Posts
    1,865

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I think some of our players could have learnt something from Boateng. He was still mobile and showed a know-how sadly missing in some of our other players. The problem with me is that I can't subscribe to the 'everything associated with McClaren is crap' school of thought. I can't invent things that don't happen ie Greening gives the ball away all the time, Derbyshire dives all the time, etc. If people gave the latter two a chance, they would see they can add something to the squad. Interesting, Smithy - you mention that Ando and Dex are seen by some people as the answer to all our ills; yes, both can add to what we have, but I hope people don't suddenly expect Dex to score 25 a season (he's excellent at holding the ball up and getting others into the game) and I hope people don't expect Ando to race from the half way line with the ball, because he ain't going to do that! However, I may be in a minority, but with these two coming back, I believe we have a much stronger squad than last season and once organised can start to give us results we can be proud of.
    Great post. Agree with pretty much most of that apart from Derbyshire, who I think will be a good player for Forest given the chance.


  25. #24
    Smithy6916
    Guest

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I think some of our players could have learnt something from Boateng. He was still mobile and showed a know-how sadly missing in some of our other players. The problem with me is that I can't subscribe to the 'everything associated with McClaren is crap' school of thought. I can't invent things that don't happen ie Greening gives the ball away all the time, Derbyshire dives all the time, etc. If people gave the latter two a chance, they would see they can add something to the squad. Interesting, Smithy - you mention that Ando and Dex are seen by some people as the answer to all our ills; yes, both can add to what we have, but I hope people don't suddenly expect Dex to score 25 a season (he's excellent at holding the ball up and getting others into the game) and I hope people don't expect Ando to race from the half way line with the ball, because he ain't going to do that! However, I may be in a minority, but with these two coming back, I believe we have a much stronger squad than last season and once organised can start to give us results we can be proud of.
    Couldn't agree more with most of that mate. Those two can only improve the squad but it's got to be baby steps to start with, especially with Dex. The point I was making was that they've managed to avoid most of the mud flying around in the big 'How the F**k has a Top 6 Team imploded so spectacularly?' inquisition, in a way that Greening, Chambers, Camp et al have not. Near enough every outfield player barring Lynch has been singled out at some point. It wasn't always right, but everyone's got different ideas as to the players/manager ratio when it comes to the apportion of blame. Personally I've always been one of the first to give McClaren a good shoeing but others have pointed out quite rightly that the players cannot simply abrogate their responsibilities just because the manager is bewildered ginger buffoon. Few people connected to the football side of our club can come away blameless from the whole McClaren debacle - that's why I mean that (comparatively) the lads who took no part in it appear better, if only by dint of not having their reputations tarnished.

    There was a similar scenario at the back end of last season, when Robbie Findley was reportedly coming back towards full fitness, and was being hyped up as the great new hope, whose pace and trickery would fire us through the play-offs and into the promised land - and this off nothing more than training ground whispers and some YouTube clips! That's why, like you, I hope people are realistic enough to be patient with the lads coming back, and not expect too much, too soon. It's gonna be a long road back, and there's no miracle cures or silver bullets, but with everyone pulling in the right direction, we've got a chance.

    As far as the new signings are concerned, I think Derbyshire could be a player, and I like the way he seems to give a shit, but he's definitely in need of a readjustment from European football to Division 2. He doesn't seem an outright diver, but he's always trying to put a cherry on top every time he gets a nudge, and refs just aren't having him. Boateng also could be of some use, and he's another one who's showed plenty of passion, so no dramas with him, but I'm not sure SCott sees a role for him. Greening and Reid have been massive disappointments to be fair. Those two should be picking up McKenna's vocal duties, with their experience and nous, but I've seen none of it. Even if they were both simply off form I'd understand it, but I'm not seeing the effort I'd like to think they should be putting in for their no doubt generous wage.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Stoke/Mansfield/Nottingham
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: George Boateng?

    I agree with the comment comparing Boateng to Reid and Greening. If you take the three of them as a comparison, it is very harsh indeed to construct anything negative about Boateng and thus single him out. The real disappointment was first Reid, then Greening.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •