Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stand

Default New Stand

Do you not think it is time we had a new stand? Or The Main Stand was rebuilt to dwarf the rest at the ground.

What happened with the 50,000 seater they were thinking about?

I know there'e the arguement of empty seats but I really believe we should make ours the envy of the midlands.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New Stand

I'd rather we invested and spent the money on the squad for the moment with a medium term plan to extend / modify / build a new stadium.

Let's raise the roof of the one we've got before worrying about filling a new one. We don't need a shiny new gaff to be the pride of the midlands.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Main Stand is in awful condition.. but there's that whole thing with the local council. I'd hate moving to the clifton bowl - way too far out and looks so bland - like Prideless Park and Walker's Stadium.

I think an extension would be the best option.

Season Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lancecunno
    Main Stand is in awful condition.. but there's that whole thing with the local council. I'd hate moving to the clifton bowl - way too far out and looks so bland - like Prideless Park and Walker's Stadium.

The reason that a new stadium has been suggested is because we cannot expand the Main Stand due to council restrictions.

And the plans to build the new place in Clifton were scrapped as well. Thankfully they decided it was better to go with somewhere near the City. Nothing has been said on the matter since Cliftion was ruled out as the location though.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecunno
    Main Stand is in awful condition..* but there's that whole thing with the local council. I'd hate moving to the clifton bowl - way too far out and looks so bland - like Prideless Park and Walker's Stadium.

They already made drinking hours longer...

I just think we need a new place. The FA will chip in and I think the council should give us some for helping with tourism. But that's another issue.

I agree that the CG could do with a little tarting up yet it has character and history.

I love it and it'll serve it's purpose until we're ready for the move.

Quote Originally Posted by TrentEndBen
    The reason that a new stadium has been suggested is because we cannot expand the Main Stand due to council restrictions.

And the plans to build the new place in Clifton were scrapped as well. Thankfully they decided it was better to go with somewhere near the City. Nothing has been said on the matter since Cliftion was ruled out as the location though.
    So where's Cliftion?

I blame it all on the Pikeys. The council know if they put a "Grand Stadium" there the turf will get robbed twice a week.

Id love to stay and think the location of the club is perfect aswell as an asset.
    Im sure something could be agreed with the council and hope when we return to the premiership and europe we will once again be a proud club in europe aswell as the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot
    They already made drinking hours longer...

I just think we need a new place. The FA will chip in and I think the council should give us some for helping with tourism. But that's another issue.
    Now that is funny!

They won't build a new main stand.

It'd be far too complicated to build one big enough to make it worthwhile and let's be honest, the rest of the ground needs doing up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    They won't build a new main stand.

It'd be far too complicated to build one big enough to make it worthwhile and let's be honest, the rest of the ground needs doing up as well.
    Bollocks! Get a grip man

Victor Meldrew

If we built a new stand, we would have 5. So we would need to change the pitch to a pentagon.

I certainly think some work needs doing on the Main Stand! *It is an absolute disgrace, although I do love sitting in there.

When this work (should it ever happen) should be carried out is the issue. *As TBT said, it would be wiser in our current position (and the position I believe we'll be in over the next few years) to be using money to invest in our squad. *It's not as if there is any rush for the stand to receive a facelift. *If Layer Road can hack it in the Championship, The City Ground won't exactly look out of place amongst the nicer of the stadiums.

Counsil say that they can't afford an extra 15k people walking down Pavilion Road as it be unsafe.But Tottenham ground is no different with a lot of tight street around WHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    Counsil say that they can't afford an extra 15k people walking down Pavilion Road as it be unsafe.But Tottenham ground is no different with a lot of tight street around WHL.
    Aren't Tottenham looking to rebuild/redevelop their ground though?

I think Spurs might be too.

Eventually a new ground will materialise eventually I am sure whether we like it or not.

I think the Main stand history and Character does a lot for the CG, no symetrical Derbynil Stadium.

A Very unique ground, and it's still got a place in my heart, if and when we move.

Getting a bit carried away......
    lets establish ourselves in the Chamionship first ie invest in the squad

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annesley Red
    Getting a bit carried away......
    lets establish ourselves in the Chamionship first ie invest in the squad
    Oh a voice of reason................before we get ourselves into massive debt again. Part of Forests huge debt problem was the cost of rebuilding the Trent End and crippling interest payments

Doughty has actually said in the past that the main stand won't be developed until we are back in the prem.
    Hasn't the model in the ticket office got the Main stand as it will be?

Spot on Annesley Red. Our squad is utter crap and needs heavy investment. Lets see any superflous cash channelled in that direction before talking about re-development of the City Ground.

Would bigger crowds not bring in more cash?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot
    Would bigger crowds not bring in more cash?
    That is the gamble that has failed in such a spectacular fashion for so many other sides, as well as Forest. Raising money from projected seats sold to pay for the new development.

Something fails and seats remain unsold and projected income fails to come in...........revert to plan B, what plan B.

This is why sides such as Leicester and Leeds have found themselves in the third division

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro
    Doughty has actually said in the past that the main stand won't be developed until we are back in the prem.
    Hasn't the model in the ticket office got the Main stand as it will be?
    I thought that I was imagining that model...I do remember seeing it in the past but it has been gone for ages now.

Four or five years ago ND was on Radio Nottm talk and I managed to get through. I mentioned that to redevelop the Main Stand to bring the capacity upto 40,000 it is going to have to be a huge stand......have they done all the sums.....and he said that no detail work had been carried out and it was only an idea at the moment. Obviously when they looked into it deeper they realised it couldn't be done, hence the model in the ticket office disappeared.

Ground is more than adequate at the moment.....lets wait until we have a team worthy of playing there first.

I'm pretty sure ND has said in the past that current they're are a few options that the club and council have discussed with regards to the ground, I believe that council has said it wont allow club to increase capacity of CG to 40,000 due to safety reason - what safety reason I don't know. ND has also said that the money for the ground will not come from the club but from business partners and grants so wont effect purchasing of players, the idea is also for the city to host a 2018 world cup game rather then it going to Derby or Leicester.

If we were to modify the CG and increase seat capacity to 40,000 seats, imagine the impact it would have on the surrounding area.

We're talking double our current average attendance. The traffic congestion in the area, access and parking alone would insigate a major problem to the Trent Bridge area.

We're not just talking about a simple addition to the Main Stand, we're talking massive reconstruction around and about and the control of so many bodies within a small, riverside, area.

If we are going to be in a position to host the 2018 then we needed to start work about 10 years ago!!!!