Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Another probing question..

Default Another probing question..

Is it illegal to sell someone your ticket?

Example - I can't get to the Birmingham game so I let people know via a website I can't go and they buy them at face value.

Just I was thinking of doing a ticket page on my blog so people can do this.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Another probing question..

Technically yes, but bugger it. as long as your not touting it, who cares, go for it

Your not supposed to but as long as your selling at face value i'm sure nobody will mind.

Rice IV

Very illegal for football ticket, as some people are banned from buying them.

Gig tickets are fine, though.

Talk to me, Goose.

I think i'll leave it considering the words 'is' and 'illegal' have cropped up so many times. Thanks anyway for letting me know

http://www.need2know.co.uk/law/know_...e.html/id=1224

The Law
    It is already illegal to resell tickets for football matches. Although the law initially came about to control football violence, it has also meant that touting has been stopped.

If you sell or give them to someone you know who is reputable you should be ok. If said buyer subsequently gets into bother or is already banned from football grounds and the ticket is traced back to you then you could be in a spot of bother.
    I have passed on the odd ticket to the odd member of this forum or family members/close friends with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by CALDERWOOD OUT
    Is it illegal to sell someone your ticket?

Example - I can't get to the Birmingham game so I let people know via a website I can't go and they buy them at face value.

Just I was thinking of doing a ticket page on my blog so people can do this.

It's perfectly legal to give your ticket to me!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Here's the way around it:

One Forest scarf for sale with free ticket to see Birmingham.
    Starting bid £30.

.k I m
    I m u mm

winnits

I don't think that would get around it, as the tickets are non-transferable; it's not the cash that changes hands that is the issue - it is the fact that the person going through the turnstile is not the person who the vendor believed the ticket was sold to.

Calderwood will still be in by Birmingham, so keep selling those tickets.