Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McClaren -vs- McGugan

Default McClaren -vs- McGugan

This is another in the long list of things that are annoying me.

Last season McGugan was our star man. A player who scared the opposition just by being on the pitch, Assists and goals through the season, amazing free kicks. He had a wonderful attitude and sometimes won us games on his own.

He was our Taarabt, that one player who prem clubs were looking at as he was clearly heading for great things.

Then along comes Steve, decides that he doesn't like him and there we go out best creative player on the bench and unhappy.

Teams would pay 3-4m for a player like him, if he wasn't ours we would be envious of the club which had him!

Really annoying again and seems that Steve's old boys have pushed him out the team.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: McClaren -vs- McGugan

No, He went missing for two games so was dropped.

McGugan is a prima donna- I'd be happy to sell him and get in someone like Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    This.

You don't drop a player based on two bad games.

He is our best player and people wanting to sell are ridiculous, why has he had two bad games when Billy had him revved up every game.

So easy to throw excuses, but the fact is that a motivated McGugan is the best thing we have!

Also in one the first games he was played as a support striker off McGoldrick. Hardly helpful to him.

Last edited by Collymore!; 17-09-11 at 21:30.

And the season before that?

We were perfect without him. He's not a team player. I'd sell him.

TheDude

He didn't like things under Billy and not he might not be happy with Steve. He needs a team to be built around him which is just what he would like as he thinks a lot of himself but unless Sean O'D comes in that ain't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    He didn't like things under Billy and not he might not be happy with Steve. He needs a team to be built around him which is just what he would like as he thinks a lot of himself but unless Sean O'D comes in that ain't going to happen.
    I want SO'D now then, SM out!!!! People wanting rid will regret it when he does leave, he is an amazing player and would give us something extra right now.

Best served cold

Mcgugan can do one.

2 managers have both chosen not play him, but we are still moaning because he contributes the odd thing here and there.

The team looks better largely when mcgugans not in it imo. But then mcgugans the only one who can produce something out of nothing.

I back mcclaren here over mcgugan every week

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    I want SO'D now then, SM out!!!! People wanting rid will regret it when he does leave, he is an amazing player and would give us something extra right now.
    +1

McClaren hasn't Billy's bottle, leadership or man-management skills to put McGugan in his place and get the best out of the little shit. McClaren's a pussy as well as a wank manager and the only thing he has less of a clue about than defensive setups is man-management.

Thanks steve for turning a player worth several million to us into a bag of shite and devaluing him. another great move

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    I actually thought he was comfortably our best player in the West Ham game, the last one he started.

Anyway, that argument doesn't really stand up as his replacement hasn't turned up yet, yet alone gone missing.

Best served cold

When is he amazing?

For a minute or 2 every couple of games when he produces the odd moment of magic?

The guy has serious potential but under 3 managers hes yet to show he can apply it consistently.

Hes a luxury player.

If we're dropping players for two bad games, why hasn't, Greening, Reid, Chambers, Camp etc been dropped? would rather see McGugan play than the fat use twat that is Andy Reid.

Better Call Saul!

He's a bit like a nutter with a machine gun. Randomly shoots here there and everywhere and on the odd occasion some go in. He openly admits that the Ips free kick was a total fluke and have to say it's not the first fluke. Shape up or ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiKe100 View Post
    He's a bit like a nutter with a machine gun. Randomly shoots here there and everywhere and on the odd occasion some go in. He openly admits that the Ips free kick was a total fluke and have to say it's not the first fluke. Shape up or ship out.

Couldn't have put it any better.

What was it about 12 goals and 12 assists was it last season? That is contributing to a goal every 2 games. Nearly set up Lynch with a beautiful cross field ball today. Yeah lets get rid of him. Like we got rid of our manager who got us back to back play offs.

TheDude

Maybe the football wasn't that great last season because we was making room for McGugan? The season before was our best season and he was only a bit part player then. I'd sooner keep Raddy in the first team if I'm honest.

Rice XXV

This is another in the long list of things that are annoying me.

Last season McGugan was our star man. A player who scared the opposition just by being on the pitch, Assists and goals through the season, amazing free kicks. He had a wonderful attitude and sometimes won us games on his own.

He was our Taarabt, that one player who prem clubs were looking at as he was clearly heading for great things.

Then along comes Steve, decides that he doesn't like him and there we go out best creative player on the bench and unhappy.

Teams would pay 3-4m for a player like him, if he wasn't ours we would be envious of the club which had him!

Really annoying again and seems that Steve's old boys have pushed him out the team.
    EXACTLY THIS!!!!

I was just saying to my brother while we watched that McClaren brought in a bunch of his old favorite players and ignored what was working for us prior to his arrival. McGugan and Boateng should start, Reid and Greening should be subs, if they come on at all.

I'm losing faith in Camp. That first goal, with that tight angle, should have been stopped. Though our shit defense should have stopped him to begin with. Speaking of which, Cohen and Chambers look like hell, but I thought Lynch was top notch and Morgan quite good as well.

Miller looks sharp, quick with great control, but D***yshire is lackluster at best, though his set up that led to the goalkeeper being sent off was spectacular.

Findley should start, and 4-3-3 should be the standard. We're not creating anything up front and for the 10 corners we took, nothing came of them. Pathetic.

My ulcer grows ever bigger following Forest, but I'll pop some antacids and keep with em, I'm in this for the long haul.

Two final words which most may disagree with:
    SACK MCCLAREN!!!!!

Agree with Hodson. If we were dropping every player who had a couple of bad games, we wouldn't be able to field 11 players from our first few games. Chambers has been consistently awful,and he's not the only one.

Opinion is very much divided over McGugan but I feel he is a match winner and should be in the team. I'd like to see him away from home in a 4-4-1-1 with Miller as lone striker. Miller could do the donkey work and give McGugan the ball to do what he does best. Did anyone see his pass for Lynch today?? Before Lynch's volley?

Cohen looked like hell? Do you mean Gunter? Cohen played well till he got injured.

And I agree with you about getting rid of McClaren, bring in a manager who knows the league and has a decent set of back room staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolser View Post
    Agree with Hodson. If we were dropping every player who had a couple of bad games, we wouldn't be able to field 11 players from our first few games. Chambers has been consistently awful,and he's not the only one.

Opinion is very much divided over McGugan but I feel he is a match winner and should be in the team. I'd like to see him away from home in a 4-4-1-1 with Miller as lone striker. Miller could do the donkey work and give McGugan the ball to do what he does best. Did anyone see his pass for Lynch today?? Before Lynch's volley?
    Brilliant post, and that was the pass that I was talking about in my previous post, that pass was inch perfect.

Rice XXV

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    When is he amazing?

For a minute or 2 every couple of games when he produces the odd moment of magic?

The guy has serious potential but under 3 managers hes yet to show he can apply it consistently.

Hes a luxury player.
    Consistency? He was our top scorer last season by at least 3 goals, and as a mid! If he's inconsistent, I would hate to see how we fared had he never taken the field.

Rice XXV

Quote Originally Posted by hodsonforest View Post
    Cohen looked like hell? Do you mean Gunter? Cohen played well till he got injured.

And I agree with you about getting rid of McClaren, bring in a manager who knows the league and has a decent set of back room staff.
    Gunter as well, but I meant Cohen. Our entire back line often looks like this is the first time they've played.

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiKe100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Couldn't have put it any better.
    Cheers - to me he's over-rated and he's his biggest fan, needs reminding a bit that the team can still physically operate when he's not there. He needs to have a moment of self-realisation and I think being benched for a few games will show him that. He needs to step up his game and maintain a level of consistency. Don't get me wrong though I think he's got the potential to do that and I bloody hope he does, and quickly, but I think he still shows a level of immaturity and inexperience through his over inflated ego that is his current downfall. SMc will have seen this and picked his 11 accordingly. Whether or not Andy Reid was the right choice remains to be seen but McGugan needs bringing back down to earth or he won't get a start.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonHooligan View Post
    Consistency? He was our top scorer last season by at least 3 goals, and as a mid! If he's inconsistent, I would hate to see how we fared had he never taken the field.
    Yet the season before the same team played some stunning football accross the ground, working the ball forward to the goal.

No mcgugan playing.

Last season mcgugan comes in, the philosphy changes to "just get the ball to.mcgugan to shoot"

Hes a brilliantly talented player, its just rarely he shows it

I will just say i appreciate others think differently. But imo we play much better football when hes not in the team because more players are involved rather than just giving it to mcgugan to shoot

Last edited by incapable hulk; 17-09-11 at 22:13.