Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McClaren Interview

Banned

Default McClaren Interview

On Forest Player now.

Not much denials about everything that got aired in public..............

But now time to move on...............

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned

Default Re: McClaren Interview

By the sounds of injuries it will be Lynch and left back with Cohen and Greening in midfield.

That would be nice !

TheDude

talks about building bridges etc and then comes out with this,

"...I think there has been transparency, we know the parameters we have to work in and I think that has been evident in the transfer market up until the window and will probably be evident in the kind of loan signings that we bring in."

I.e. there won't be much loan action :-(

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post

"...I think there has been transparency, we know the parameters we have to work in and I think that has been evident in the transfer market up until the window and will probably be evident in the kind of loan signings that we bring in."

In other words, you know who to blame for the lack of incomings. Fair point Mr McClaren but that still doesn't explain why you turned a good team into a shambles. If you threaten to walk, nothing is given to you to change your mind and you don't walk it's probably time to shut up and get on with the job. You had your chance and bottled it.

nakkernino del clusto

Had his chance and bottled it? what is this, 2014?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post

I get the feeling that SM will be doing the same as BD.

EG refusing to take loan players who he does not want (eg cheapo ones). Could be no loans coming in, a way of SM making his point that if you want to save money, then spend nothing and do not moan about results.

Does that chart really say "Mind the ROFL" on the edge of the penalty area??

I cant help thinking that McClaren has now well and truly pissed on his own chips over this 'quitting' bollocks that he has engineered in the press. Is this something that could ruin the relationship between Doughty and McClaren for ever. Will Doughty ever trust him again? Look what happened to Paul Hart when he crossed Doughty (west ham job), he had the financial plug pulled and was ultimately sacked. I dare say Billy Davies antics in the media for the last couple of years did him any good and one could argue he too had the financial plug pulled too....and was ultimately sacked.

I am in no way defending Doughty or McClaren here as I dont know what goes on behind the scenes at the City Ground to have a solid opinion, but I cant help thinking McClaren's days are numbered and whilst relations may appear good for the media , behind the scenes I suspect both parties are pretty arsed off with one another for various reasons.

Banned

McClaren will be looking for a Premier League job in December when the first sackings start happening.

He can then propose to Doughty that NFFC get a big compensation package (you get loads of money Nigel) and he can slip off to a Premier league club.

I am not expecting SM to still be with NFFC by January end.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by OnsideBrianRice View Post
    I cant help thinking that McClaren has now well and truly pissed on his own chips over this 'quitting' bollocks that he has engineered in the press. Is this something that could ruin the relationship between Doughty and McClaren for ever. Will Doughty ever trust him again? Look what happened to Paul Hart when he crossed Doughty (west ham job), he had the financial plug pulled and was ultimately sacked. I dare say Billy Davies antics in the media for the last couple of years did him any good and one could argue he too had the financial plug pulled too....and was ultimately sacked.

I am in no way defending Doughty or McClaren here as I dont know what goes on behind the scenes at the City Ground to have a solid opinion, but I cant help thinking McClaren's days are numbered and whilst relations may appear good for the media , behind the scenes I suspect both parties are pretty arsed off with one another for various reasons.
    If anything, steves sent out a message to the likes of blackburns owners that when they inevitably sack thier manager- steve isnt nessecarily 100% against the possibility of leaving forest.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    If anything, steves sent out a message to the likes of blackburns owners that when they inevitably sack thier manager- steve isnt nessecarily 100% against the possibility of leaving forest.
    Let them have him and his tactical referee markers lol

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Let them have him and his tactical referee markers lol
    lol

Its amazing that he even plans his tactics based on where he thinks the ref will be! He is a genius! lol

I thought SM came across well, and spoke in a way that he now understands where we are at in terms of monies available.
    Good news imo, now lets crack on and try and get something against Soton. COYR!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Exactly, this will be the compromise IMO, Steve shuts up and stays until December and then moves on and NFFC get a compensation package.

He has moved up the ladder - ok with him.
    NFFC get some cash - ok with ND.

Quote Originally Posted by cknu View Post
    Does that chart really say "Mind the ROFL" on the edge of the penalty area??
    Nope, it says "Mind the Ref!"

Smithy6916

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    McClaren will be looking for a Premier League job in December when the first sackings start happening.

He can then propose to Doughty that NFFC get a big compensation package (you get loads of money Nigel) and he can slip off to a Premier league club.

I am not expecting SM to still be with NFFC by January end.

I just want some stability

Best served cold

Exactly, this will be the compromise IMO, Steve shuts up and stays until December and then moves on and NFFC get a compensation package.

I doubt it will be like that. But i can honestly see that mcclaren is letting people know that if they want him to take over thier prem club....hes not particuarly attatched to the forest job.

Blackburn will be the first to sack thier manager more than likely, and he'll probably be on thier radar. Though with thier owners,they'll claim they are going for ancelotti or mourinho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheoneandonly View Post
    Nope, it says "Mind the Ref!"
    Judging by some of the refs we've seen- its the same thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spatchcock Ken View Post
    I just want some stability
    Sadly I think the season is over now already, its going to be a mid table job this season, with a caretaker manager looking after us from December onwards is what it looks like.

If NFFC was only interested in cash why did we sack Billy Davies with a year left on his contract (as such, incurring compensation) and replace him with someone more expensive still?

I don't know what Steve's thinking so not going to suggest he's actively looking to move on, but NFFC obviously wanted Steve for a reason so unless every single bridge has been burnt I image they'll be wanting him to see out the job originally employed to do. Considering there now appears to be some appeasement between both parties, I'd suggest the only way McClaren is leaving this club is if he gets fired in February for delivering us a relegation battle.

Would be extremely surprised to see McClaren leave over Winter months. Especially as he's not exactly set tongues wagging since leavig Twente...

.k I m
    I m u mm

Banned

You could see from his body language in the interview. You could see from the fact he did not deny any of the things he was supposed to have said or threatened.

It looks like bridges got burnt big time but Steve quitting now is of no use to SM or to ND.

If he can get a Premier League job in December then he can move on and upwards, saving face and also ND can say the offer of a PL club was just too enticing and he understands SM wanting to leave (and getting a nice compensation package).

Perfect end for both of them, neither lose face, one gets a better job, the other gets rid of a problem and gets cash for it.

deleted

But what do we get ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba View Post
    But what do we get ?
    To contemplate that when FFP is fully integrated then we will win the league with our present acadamy players and it will cost nothing.

Just wait a few years.............

until 2018