Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't blame the board, blame the manager.

Default Don't blame the board, blame the manager.

McClaren has been given money to spend, all be it not a lot, but compared to other clubs we have had money to spend and at least we haven't lost our best players (those whose contracts expired don't count). Look at Leeds for example, they've sold their best player and their number one goalkeeper and replaced with just goalkeepers.

Was it the boards decision to try and make Cohen into a left back and wait till near the end of the transfer marker to realise he isn't.

Was it the boards decision to bring in Boateng and Greening, two centre midfielders, when we already had, Majewski, Mcgugan, Moussi, Cohen and Freeman even, who could all play that position. Instead of bringing in a left back or a winger where we have two players to fill that role and one being very average and the other slightly above average?

Other manager would kill to have been given the resources ad the squad that Mcclaren was given so maybe he should think about the way he dealt with matters.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP Nigel Doughty

Default Re: Don't blame the board, blame the manager.

No, but it was the boards decision to sack a manager who would do none of these things and instead bring in a useless ginger twat who not only does them but blames his faliures on players who proved they can do itthe past 2 seaseon.

Anyone who is so blind to everything they can't even see they're as bald as a coot aint gonna see shit on the pitch

Fuck the board, fuck them right off and up their pathetic little arses.

I agre getting rid of Davies for a man wit very little Championship experiences is wrong but I don't think wewill have done well in the Prem with Billy.

Problem is Billy publicly berated the board and complained rather than keep it behind closed doors. Nigel hasnt got vast millions to spend so they set up a panel to advise ho to wisely spend that money and not waste it all on one player.

Millions have been spent already this season on Miller and co and yet only Garner has brought revenue in!

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by hodsonforest View Post
    I agre getting rid of Davies for a man wit very little Championship experiences is wrong but I don't think wewill have done well in the Prem with Billy.
    I actually agree with that big time, but the board run our club like a bunch of fucking kids. Would have given Billy till Xmas with the same money McClaren's had and see how things went, with a shortlist of managers on hand 1) if we weren't looking like going up, 2) if we did go up but had a poor 1st half to the season.

Getting blinded by the razmatazz of having an ex-England manager and putting all their eggs in that basket with no forethought was fucking retarded.

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by cknu View Post
    Problem is Billy publicly berated the board and complained rather than keep it behind closed doors. Nigel hasnt got vast millions to spend so they set up a panel to advise ho to wisely spend that money and not waste it all on one player.

Millions have been spent already this season on Miller and co and yet only Garner has brought revenue in!
    That though, was what we needed to succeed and be promoted!!!

Revenue not bought in is a poor excuse - extend our players contracts and actually sell them on instead of letting them go for free.

Why weren't these millions given to Billy when we were on the cusp of the Prem?

I don't believe for one second that McClaren would of bought the same players if he was told money was tight.

God Sam.oc235 your gifs get more and more nauseating!

*shit don't encourage him*

/\ wtf??

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

TheDude

Don't blame anyone but Mark Arthur

The board and manager have made several mistakes:

1. We need a LB, we don't need a LB, we need a LB, oh bugger the transfer window's closed.
    2. All of the manager's midfield signings may have premiership experience but they no longer have any legs.
    3. Crazy formation/team changing in the first few games, messing around as if they're pre-season games.
    4. Changing the defensive system from man marking to keystone kops.
    5. Letting Verhoek wander around the ground taking pictures instead of pinning him down to the desk and making him sign his contract.

Any more?

The only thing they have got right is signing Miller and Derbyshire, our front line is much better than last season.

Banned

Banned

Miller, Derbyshire, Greening, Boateng, Reid etc.. all look good.

There is no denying the midfield/forward line is now strong, look at how many chances we created against Wet Sham.

The problem is purely defensive now, and it was an underlying problem last season, at times our defense relied on mis hit shots, deflections and other luck to stop the opposition scoring.

What seems to have gone wrong is Chambers being made captain has stopped Camp from speaking, and he no longer commands the defence as vice-captain.

That is the only issue I see, Chambers is not the man to be captain - change that and things might all click into place.

McClaren has been given money to spend, all be it not a lot, but compared to other clubs we have had money to spend and at least we haven't lost our best players (those whose contracts expired don't count). Look at Leeds for example, they've sold their best player and their number one goalkeeper and replaced with just goalkeepers.

Was it the boards decision to try and make Cohen into a left back and wait till near the end of the transfer marker to realise he isn't.

Was it the boards decision to bring in Boateng and Greening, two centre midfielders, when we already had, Majewski, Mcgugan, Moussi, Cohen and Freeman even, who could all play that position. Instead of bringing in a left back or a winger where we have two players to fill that role and one being very average and the other slightly above average?

Other manager would kill to have been given the resources ad the squad that Mcclaren was given so maybe he should think about the way he dealt with matters.
    I definitely hear you hodson. The only thing I would say is that the club's hierarchy have failed or been unwilling take the final step with Harty, Billy and now Steve. We still need wide players (not wide like Reid, you know what I mean ) and a left back (although you addressed this position well). I think they will use this FFP as an excuse for a lack of action in the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Don't blame anyone but Mark Arthur
    He's just doing what his boss tells him to.

It's odd. very odd

On paper we have a very good team, ok a thin squad, but the team is very good indeed and should be about there come May
    That is, if the manager, is a manager.

Schteve has already shown his negativity.

The squad, the club, the supporters are probably more understanding of the new financial rules than Schteve...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the snake View Post
    It's odd. very odd

On paper we have a very good team, ok a thin squad, but the team is very good indeed and should be about there come May
    That is, if the manager, is a manager.

Schteve has already shown his negativity.

The squad, the club, the supporters are probably more understanding of the new financial rules than Schteve...
    Very good, then why was he appointed?

I seem to remember Billy playing and trying to make Cohen a left back, dont think that was McClaren's fault.!!

McClaren must have realised from day 1 that we have a lack of left backs and i'm sure he has been looking for suitable cover as he has continously said we need more players. I am not blaming McClaren with the transfer situation at all as the same pattern is forming from when Billy was in charge, i am happy with the sigings we have made, albeit McClaren does need to work out the best team to play and i do blame him for playing Greening and Boateng in the same team, clearly that isnt working.!

ND has said we have left back cover and any more signigs are restricted by the FFP which has been mentioned before, no other clubs to be making a big deal over.

Best served cold

We arent in the prem!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    We arent in the prem!
    I mean if we stuck with Billy and made it to the prem, we wouldn't have done well in the prem with Billy as manager.

Banned

I mean if we stuck with Billy and made it to the prem, we wouldn't have done well in the prem with Billy as manager.
    In your opinion!

What's he had? Ten, twelve, thirteen games with a poor side that squeaked up through the play offs and were at the bottom end of the 2nd Division a year or so earlier?

Mr Mojo Risin'

Moussi was effectively not a Forest player when Greening was signed. No real effort had been made to retain Moussi until SMC went to France to convince him to sign a new contract. Suppose Moussi had decided to leave after McKenna had left - who would we have had to fill that role? Freeman was a left back until SMC played him in midfield in preseason friendlies.

Cohen had already played at left back and indeed started his career as a left back, long before he had SMC as a manager. It might not be the board's decision to play Cohen at left back but Doughty very publically procalimed that left back wasn't a priority as we had other players that could play there.

I wouldn't criticise him for the signings he's made and as for those he hasn't we don't know what restrictions he's operating under. For all we know he's "recommended" lots of left backs to the TAP and been effectively told to make do with what he's got unless we can sign them for a bargain basement price.

I don't blame it on the board,

I don't blame it on the manager,

I don't blame it on Billy's good times,

I blame it on the Boogie........

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jester View Post
    I don't blame it on the board,

I don't blame it on the manager,

I don't blame it on Billy's good times,

I blame it on the Boogie........
    I prefer....

Don't blame it on McGoldrick,

Don't blame it on Joe Garner,

Don't blame it on the Yankee...

Blame it on the Tudgay!

Last edited by congo_red; 01-09-11 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I prefer....

Don't blame it McGoldrick,

Don't blame it on Joe Garner,

Don't blame it on the Yankee...

Blame it on the Tudgay!
    lol

Could have seen Tudgay, Mcgoldrick and Garner in their own boy band! Mainly because none of them are good enough to be a traditional frontman by themselves