Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 137

Thread: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

      
  1. #1

    Default Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    On the day my 10%+ increase, renewal pack arrives through the letter box I see Derby's American owner on Sky announcing they have already sold in excess of 21k season tickets!

    What are Forest on? 7?

    Derby have the new stadium, expansion plans, new ownership, new investment and by the start of next season, probably a new squad equipped for the Championship.

    They also have a handy 11 million parachute payment for the next two seasons.

    For Forest to have any chance of even staying in the Championship, let alone competing with Derby, our Chairman needs to spend some hard cash.

    We, the fans are stumping up an additional 10% for the honour of Championship football. Estimated additional income generated by a season in the Championship is 9 million. Lets also not forget the 2/3 million Doughty was touting around in press releases as loud as possible, for Best and that Scots lad, with failed bids. Surely that money is still there from the miserable January transfer window Nige?

    I estimate thats 13/14 million extra in the kitty. We have also just removed our highest wage earner off the pay-roll.

    So, once again, over to you Nige. You have stated just how much you love the club.

    Then again, so did Mr Commons!!!

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Huddersfield have sold 15 thousand, according Sky Sports. Pretty good for a 'League 1' side.


  4. #3
    deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    The fact that they have sold 21K season tickets says more about the fans than it does about the club. *Emperor's new clothes, anyone ?

    And they've already spent the parachute money for the next season (spent it before Jewell arrived but they didn't tell him *).


    As for Nige spending his cash - we'll have to wait (quite a while) and see ... as always


  5. #4

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    Huddersfield have sold 15 thousand, according Sky Sports. Pretty good for a 'League 1' side.
    Cracking effort!

    When you think about it new stadiums and ambition go hand in hand. More often than not, success follows.

    Hull - Tony Tiger Tank?

    Derby - Pride Pk

    Bolton - Reebock

    Man C - City of Man

    Stoke - Britannia St

    Doncaster - Keepobeermat?

    Wigan - JJB

    Reading - Madjeski

    Arsenal - Emirates

    Forest - The pie in the sky, doughty, clifton bowl umbro windfarm arena. *


  6. #5
    deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Cracking effort!

    When you think about it new stadiums and ambition go hand in hand. More often than not, success follows.

    Hull - Tony Tiger Tank?

    Derby - Pride Pk

    Bolton - Reebock

    Man C - City of Man

    Stoke - Britannia St

    Doncaster - Keepobeermat?

    Wigan - JJB

    Reading - Madjeski

    Arsenal - Emirates

    Forest - The pie in the sky, doughty, clifton bowl umbro windfarm arena. *
    Leicester, Coventry etc ... we can only dream of those levels of success.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Didn't you say that because of under investment you were not going to be buying a ST and encouraged others to do the same. There were other reasons true, but I would say that was the main one.

    Naturally because of promotion you changed your mind and that is understandable, but now that you don't seem very impressed by our early summer transfer activities can I safely assume that you will be putting off renewing your ST for the time being at least?




  8. #7

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Cracking effort!

    When you think about it new stadiums and ambition go hand in hand. More often than not, success follows.

    Hull - Tony Tiger Tank?

    Derby - Pride Pk

    Bolton - Reebock

    Man C - City of Man

    Stoke - Britannia St

    Doncaster - Keepobeermat?

    Wigan - JJB

    Reading - Madjeski

    Arsenal - Emirates

    Forest - The pie in the sky, doughty, clifton bowl umbro windfarm arena. *

    How many times did Leicester make Wembley and even Europe?

    I would say thats more success than most?

    Coventry cant be that bad off, Resisted our Nigels 2 million?*


  9. #8

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba
    The fact that they have sold 21K season tickets says more about the fans than it does about the club. *Emperor's new clothes, anyone ?

    And they've already spent the parachute money for the next season (spent it before Jewell arrived but they didn't tell him *).


    As for Nige spending his cash - we'll have to wait (quite a while) and see ... as always
    In addition, what is the point you are making about the difference in the fans??

    Could you please enlighten us all?


  10. #9
    deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Stoke / Derby - stadiums not exactly new and shiny. *Successful ? *

    Arsenal - I seem to remember they were quite successful before the Emirates move.

    When you think about it new stadiums and ambition go hand in hand. More often than not, success follows.
    Success - no.

    More success than Forest (of late) - yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    In addition, what is the point you are making about the difference in the fans??

    Could you please enlighten us all?
    There's not much to do in Derby - they'll watch any shit.


  11. #10

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    Didn't you say that because of under investment you were not going to be buying a ST and encouraged others to do the same. There were other reasons true, but I would say that was the main one.

    Naturally because of promotion you changed your mind and that is understandable, but now that you don't seem very impressed by our early summer transfer activities can I safely assume that you will be putting off renewing your ST for the time being at least?

    Yes, to be honest, the lucky promotion rush is fading and reality is kicking in again.

    Bristol City are coming to trash our bars again along with possibly dirty Leeds United.

    The Championship is really strong next season. Forest are not currently equipped for the task. We the fans are being asked to do our bit as usuall. Now is the time for Doughty to show his true colours and put our money where his mouth is?

    I will not be rushing to renew, if at all??

    Some strong positive moves by the club could soon put some urgency into me parting with another £500.


  12. #11

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba
    Stoke / Derby - stadiums not exactly new and shiny. *Successful ? *

    Arsenal - I seem to remember they were quite successful before the Emirates move.

    Success - no.

    More success than Forest (of late) - yes.

    There's not much to do in Derby - they'll watch any shit.
    Rose Red Tinted Goggles anyone??

    Oh, dear.


  13. #12

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red

    Forest - The pie in the sky, doughty, clifton bowl umbro windfarm arena. *
    lol

    The "Mark Arthur, pie in the sky, come and watch Togo vs Poland if you're lucky, Clifton Superdome" has been gievn so many different names in the past, mainly by me I grant you, but still.

    I wonder what became of those farcical plans?


  14. #13

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    lol

    The "Mark Arthur, pie in the sky, come and watch Togo vs Poland if you're lucky, Clifton Superdome" has been gievn so many different names in the past, mainly by me I grant you, but still.

    I wonder what became of those farcical plans?
    Sold another 16 season tickets though, that mythical arena!

    Its good to be back Jack! Our crusade continues.


  15. #14

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Sold another 16 season tickets though, that mythical arena!

    Its good to be back Jack! Our crusade continues.*
    Aye, it's been strange being off duty! Good to be back sir!


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,389

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Depends what spin you want to put on this.

    Derby sell season tickets years in advance - eg: you can buy a 3 year season ticket.

    If you count anyone who did that in the last couple of seasons, whilst you have bums on seats, you have no revenue.

    In cash terms, they admit that all the parachute payments have been swallowed up in wage committments for players who werent good enough for the premier league and for whom they dont want.

    Their manager thinks his ENTIRE SQUAD is spineless and wants to rebuild COMPLETELY.

    Whole new squad required therefore - serious rebuilding and not a slight tweak to mount a challenge for promotion again.

    New stadium - yes, great. How many points does that guarantee you again? Oh, thats right. None.

    Id prefer the CG to that soulless copy of Middlesboro. (by the way, in the promotional literature for Prideless Park, they used Boros ground in the photos and coloured in the seats - fact).

    Investment from the start of the season? Great. More yank investors who couldnt give two shits about the club but who want a return. Think Id rather have Doughty to be honest.

    I will judge Doughtys cash after the summer is over. You can call him then for a lack of investment, not just after the season has ended.

    As for fat boy Commons, whoever gets him is welcome to him. KC had decided that his free agent status would earn him huge signing on and salary fees elsewhere - so much so that he didnt even want to discuss a contract with NFFC.

    Im not going to blame Doughty or Calderwood for that.


    Once again Kilburn you seem to think that the grass is greener in Derbyshire. Im at a loss why you dont fuck off there and enjoy the great times you seem to think they are having.

    Worst side in Premiership history - worst points total, worst goals conceded, most games without a win, most games without a clean sheet. Manager who slags off his entire side and wants to oust them all...........

    If you think that is a club in a better shape than ours, please go and support it.

    Derby will not even be in contention for promotion this coming season. At least we have a handful of players we can build a team around.

    Bring on the sheep bothering arseholes.

    COME ON YOU REDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  17. #16

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by B Block Red
    Depends what spin you want to put on this.

    Derby sell season tickets years in advance - eg: you can buy a 3 year season ticket.

    If you count anyone who did that in the last couple of seasons, whilst you have bums on seats, you have no revenue.

    In cash terms, they admit that all the parachute payments have been swallowed up in wage committments for players who werent good enough for the premier league and for whom they dont want.

    Their manager thinks his ENTIRE SQUAD is spineless and wants to rebuild COMPLETELY.*

    Whole new squad required therefore - serious rebuilding and not a slight tweak to mount a challenge for promotion again.

    New stadium - yes, great.* How many points does that guarantee you again?* Oh, thats right.* None.

    Id prefer the CG to that soulless copy of Middlesboro.* (by the way, in the promotional literature for Prideless Park, they used Boros ground in the photos and coloured in the seats - fact).

    Investment from the start of the season?* Great.* More yank investors who couldnt give two shits about the club but who want a return.* Think Id rather have Doughty to be honest.

    I will judge Doughtys cash after the summer is over.* You can call him then for a lack of investment, not just after the season has ended.

    As for fat boy Commons, whoever gets him is welcome to him.* KC had decided that his free agent status would earn him huge signing on and salary fees elsewhere - so much so that he didnt even want to discuss a contract with NFFC.

    Im not going to blame Doughty or Calderwood for that.


    Once again Kilburn you seem to think that the grass is greener in Derbyshire.* Im at a loss why you dont fuck off there and enjoy the great times you seem to think they are having.

    Worst side in Premiership history - worst points total, worst goals conceded, most games without a win, most games without a clean sheet.* Manager who slags off his entire side and wants to oust them all...........

    If you think that is a club in a better shape than ours, please go and support it.

    Derby will not even be in contention for promotion this coming season.* At least we have a handful of players we can build a team around.

    Bring on the sheep bothering arseholes.

    COME ON YOU REDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I honestly do respect your narrow minded, blind optimism.

    I wish I could be like you and not be passionate about Forest.

    One lucky swallow mate, one lucky swallow.


  18. #17

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by B Block Red

    If you think that is a club in a better shape than ours, please go and support it.
    I think the Chelsea side or the Liverpool side is in better shape that ours, but I'm not going to go and support them.

    You make it sound as if we have the most promising, exciting, in-shape squad in the country.

    What we actually have is a squad who were barely able to lift their overpaid arses out of league 1, who aren't ready for Championship football and even two of them have gone!

    We need serious investment (and by that I don't mean a 10% rise in ST prices!) we need a chairman who is prepared to back this club up all the way to ensure we don't fluff our lines in The Championship (which this current squad will) and sink back down to the footballing wilderness again.

    We need new players, ambitious signing, not 35 yr old journeymen or anything like that, we need fresh, hungry players that are going to show the same sort of commitment for the team on the pitch as the fans have in the stands in all those months upon months of absolute dross football in League 1.


  19. #18

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    I think the Chelsea side or the Liverpool side is in better shape that ours, but I'm not going to go and support them.

    You make it sound as if we have the most promising, exciting, in-shape squad in the country.

    What we actually have is a squad who were barely able to lift their overpaid arses out of league 1, who aren't ready for Championship football and even two of them have gone!

    We need serious investment (and by that I don't mean a 10% rise in ST prices!) we need a chairman who is prepared to back this club up all the way to ensure we don't fluff our lines in The Championship (which this current squad will) and sink back down to the footballing wilderness again.

    We need new players, ambitious signing, not 35 yr old journeymen or anything like that, we need fresh, hungry players that are going to show the same sort of commitment for the team on the pitch as the fans have in the stands in all those months upon months of absolute dross football in League 1.
    Spot on Jack.

    We as fans need to be turning the screw now and not waiting till we are adrift in the Championship basement.

    The thought of going back to that god awful dire humiliating piss poor league should be enough to get all real Forest fans demanding ambition from Doughty!

    Lets not let a lucky promotion cloud the fact that he has taken us nowhere in ten years apart from an historical low point!


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    I honestly do respect your narrow minded, blind optimism.

    I wish I could be like you and not be passionate about Forest.

    One lucky swallow mate, one lucky swallow.* *
    We all know you are a wind-up merchant and that is acceptable apparently.

    However he made some very valid points and would rather you acknowledge them properly rather than patronsing him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    Aye, it's been strange being off duty! Good to be back sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Its good to be back Jack! Our crusade continues.
    This kind of talk is pretty boring too, you two aren't on a crusade at all. What have you done that could be deemed constructive in achieving your goals?

    Keep the talk to football rather than patronising others. This plea will fall on deaf ears but one day it could land.


  21. #20

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    We all know you are a wind-up merchant and that is acceptable apparently.

    However he made some very valid points and would rather you acknowledge them properly rather than patronsing him.

    This kind of talk is pretty boring too, you two aren't on a crusade at all. What have you done that could be deemed constructive in achieving your goals?

    Keep the talk to football rather than patronising others. This plea will fall on deaf ears but one day it could land.
    Fu*king he*l I wont be able to sleep tonight!

    Do you want to join our gang?

    Me and Jack have done more for the cause than most can ever comprehend?

    As ever, its all about opinions young man.


  22. #21

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Fu*king he*l I wont be able to sleep tonight!*

    Do you want to join our gang?

    Me and Jack have done more for the cause than most can ever comprehend?

    As ever, its all about opinions young man.*
    Stratty will be joining our ranks one day, he is my project. I'm working on him...


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Fu*king he*l I wont be able to sleep tonight!*

    Do you want to join our gang?

    Me and Jack have done more for the cause than most can ever comprehend?

    As ever, its all about opinions young man.*
    Please enlighten me with what you have done and why you could not make a real response to B Block Reds post?


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Spot on Jack.

    We as fans need to be turning the screw now and not waiting till we are adrift in the Championship basement.

    The thought of going back to that god awful dire humiliating p**s poor league should be enough to get all real Forest fans demanding ambition from Doughty!

    Lets not let a lucky promotion cloud the fact that he has taken us nowhere in ten years apart from an historical low point!
    Where is our massive screw driver?

    I would agree, any thought of traveling to such dire places again, should inspire the lads on, to make sure of Championship survival next season. Plus this low point in our history, will hopefully be forgotten and not spoke about again.

    This may of been a 'lucky' promotion, but still on the 3rd of may 2008, it made me feel so proud to support Forest, a sense of achievement for once, which has shadowed all the failure in the past 4 years. Of corse, I am proud, to wear my Forest shirt wherever I go, but on that day, I can assure you, I was the happiest lad in Portsmouth

    YOU REEDDDDS!!


  25. #24

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    Where is our massive screw driver?

    I would agree, any thought of traveling to such dire places again, should inspire the lads on, to make sure of Championship survival next season. Plus this low point in our history, will hopefully be forgotten and not spoke about again.

    This may of been a 'lucky' promotion, but still on the 3rd of may 2008, it made me feel so proud to support Forest, a sense of achievement for once, which has shadowed all the failure in the past 4 years. Of corse, I am proud, to wear my Forest shirt wherever I go, but on that day, I can assure you, I was the happiest lad in Portsmouth

    YOU REEDDDDS!!
    Thats great mate, and thats how it should be.

    Trouble is, now you have tasted some form of success, you will want more.

    You will become bitter and twisted like us older fans who were spoilt for many years.

    Enjoy it while it last mate and long may it continue.


  26. #25

    Default Re: Do Derby Rule The Roost?

    Quote Originally Posted by B Block Red
    Depends what spin you want to put on this.

    Derby sell season tickets years in advance - eg: you can buy a 3 year season ticket.

    If you count anyone who did that in the last couple of seasons, whilst you have bums on seats, you have no revenue.

    In cash terms, they admit that all the parachute payments have been swallowed up in wage committments for players who werent good enough for the premier league and for whom they dont want.

    Their manager thinks his ENTIRE SQUAD is spineless and wants to rebuild COMPLETELY.*

    Whole new squad required therefore - serious rebuilding and not a slight tweak to mount a challenge for promotion again.

    New stadium - yes, great.* How many points does that guarantee you again?* Oh, thats right.* None.

    Id prefer the CG to that soulless copy of Middlesboro.* (by the way, in the promotional literature for Prideless Park, they used Boros ground in the photos and coloured in the seats - fact).

    Investment from the start of the season?* Great.* More yank investors who couldnt give two shits about the club but who want a return.* Think Id rather have Doughty to be honest.

    I will judge Doughtys cash after the summer is over.* You can call him then for a lack of investment, not just after the season has ended.

    As for fat boy Commons, whoever gets him is welcome to him.* KC had decided that his free agent status would earn him huge signing on and salary fees elsewhere - so much so that he didnt even want to discuss a contract with NFFC.

    Im not going to blame Doughty or Calderwood for that.


    Once again Kilburn you seem to think that the grass is greener in Derbyshire.* Im at a loss why you dont fuck off there and enjoy the great times you seem to think they are having.

    Worst side in Premiership history - worst points total, worst goals conceded, most games without a win, most games without a clean sheet.* Manager who slags off his entire side and wants to oust them all...........

    If you think that is a club in a better shape than ours, please go and support it.

    Derby will not even be in contention for promotion this coming season.* At least we have a handful of players we can build a team around.

    Bring on the sheep bothering arseholes.

    COME ON YOU REDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At your request I have reconsidered this post for responce.

    Unfortunately it comes across as a late night mini rant with very little factual content and in all honesty, is tinged with jealousy towards Derby County.

    I can therefore offer no constructive reply.

    Perhaps I will just crack open a can of Duff bear myself.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •