Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: BIG mistakes cost us, not Colin!!

Default BIG mistakes cost us, not Colin!!

What the most concerning thing for me about Forest just now is whilst we are playing well in most of our games we are not a team without mistakes when I say mistakes I mean BIG mistakes that cost us every time.* We do this every match no matter how well we are playing, we are not unlucky to be losing this many games we just make far too many Schoolboy errors at the back and far too often. We always make at least one in every game.

We just never look like a team that are not going to concede I am just waiting for the team to make a huge mistake that will gift the opposition a goal. I hate to say it but this is a team that has all the makings for relegation I am afraid, playing well but making BIG mistakes and as a consequence losing games with alarming regularity.

I do agree with CC we are a team that isn't doing much wrong in terms of doing the right thing to score goals but we are also a team that are not doing the right things all of the time, thus we are in this position.* I guess the greatest teams in the World don't do everything right all of the time but what we do wrong as a team, what we always do wrong is something that is so stupid or so rash that we gift teams against us a goal almost every game. It only needs to happen once for a team to score and 9 times out of 10 this season it has. You may get away with small errors i.e. giving the ball away etc, but giving penalties away and not defending long throws, well...You are asking for trouble.

The only way we are going to win is by getting the goals to keep us up while conceeding less, I firmly believe we are not a team that are not going to conceed goals it's just whether we score enough in those games to keep us up. A change of Manager is not the answer but a change of the way we go about it is, we are sometimes reckless and very naive when attacking, we need to score more goals (by having more composure in front of goal especially) then any other team we come up against as we are always going to conceed these stupid goals, unfortunately relegation teams do this every game lose to something stupid or a soft goal we need to start scoring regularly to cancel these out.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nakkernino del clusto

Default Re: BIG mistakes cost us, not Colin!!

IIRC scunthorpe lost 8 games at home last season and coupled with a poor away record finished bottom. were about half way there on the home games already and our home form is allegedly our strong point! We need a superhuman effort to turn this around, its not possible at the moment.

I don't think it is a case of CC going because he's "fuktup" (which he hasn't), but rather sometimes an incumbent manager no matter how good he is is never going to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Spurs have realised that and moved quickly.

What is it - "We are mostly playing well"?
    We donīt have points!

I hear what you're saying here.

Our failure to produce points has come from a frustrating run of weaknesses opposed to any blatant errors of judgment.

Yesterday's game was a classic example how we can play some inspiring football, linking some creative and tactical passing only to lose possession in the final third and squander our chance on goal.

Lack of concentration maybe?

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

we still can't buy a goal though and thats not just down to bad luck! Spurs have been decisive time for us to be the same, Colin out Sam in!