Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "This"

Default "This"

As I'm not a forum heavy-weight I fully expect to be shot down in flames for this but here goes:

Please can people using the single word 'This' as thread response. If you've fuck all to say, do the decent thing and move on. Much like text speak it's ok once in a while, but some threads could be shortened by a few pages if people didn't do it. I think it's the same people who right 'first comment' on websites.

Sooooooo last year - and up there with the witty use of 'he'll be like a new signing'. The continual repetition of a joke that was funny for a tiny fraction of time, now well past, is not clever or amusing. It is, however, really boring. Even more so when genuine exciting news is in short supply and the only updates on here are 'this' etc etc

thank you and good night

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by BringBackJemo; 28-07-11 at 12:08.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: "This"

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    As I'm not a forum heavy-weight I fully expect to be shot down in flames for this but here goes:

Please can people using the single word 'This' as thread response. If you've fuck all to say, do the decent thing and move on. Much like text speak it's ok once in a while, but some threads could be shortened by a few pages if people didn't do it. I think it's the same people who right 'first comment' on websites.

Sooooooo last year - and up there with the witty use of 'he'll be like a new signing'. The continual repetition of a joke that was funny for a tiny fraction of time, now well past, is not clever or amusing. It is, however, really boring. Even more so when genuine exciting news is in short supply and the only update son here are 'this' etc etc

thank you and good night
    This.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Rice 34

You asked for

This.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Sooooooo last year - and up there with the witty use of 'he'll be like a new signing'. The continual repetition of a joke that was funny for a tiny fraction of time, now well past, is not clever or amusing. It is, however, really boring. Even more so when genuine exciting news is in short supply and the only updates on here are 'this' etc etc

thank you and good night
    Agree.

thank you and good night
    wot he said.

Do you know a guy called poss?

thank you and good night
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackjemo View Post
    as i'm not a forum heavy-weight i fully expect to be shot down in flames for this but here goes:

Please can people using the single word 'this' as thread response. If you've fuck all to say, do the decent thing and move on. Much like text speak it's ok once in a while, but some threads could be shortened by a few pages if people didn't do it. I think it's the same people who right 'first comment' on websites.

thank you and good night
    tldnr

Not shooting you down in flames, but it's a useful and concise means of illustrating when someone has made a point better than anyone else. I see it as a very poor alternative to a 'like' or +1 button and a very good shorthand for "the above post provides the best summary of the point I'm supporting".

Now, the memes you refer to...

1: "More chance of signing <shit semi-rhyme>
    2: "I saw him in Tesco" changed to "I fingered his bum in tesco" then that fucking eyebrows smiley.
    3: Can he play left back?
    4: Like a new signing

...and the rest can all die in chemical fires along with those who use them, have sigs taller than the screen on some monitors, can't at the very least use the built-in spellchecker on their browser, ignore settled points (or are too stupid to realise when a point has been settled).

Memes are great for a day, persistent wilful repetition is hilarious for an hour or three, or when woven into posts with some kind of value as part of a longer pontification, but by themselves, after day 1, only very astute use of a meme by itself is ever anything but toss.

TheDude

Lighten up! Jeeeeesh!

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Not shooting you down in flames, but it's a useful and concise means of illustrating when someone has made a point better than anyone else. I see it as a very poor alternative to a 'like' or +1 button and a very good shorthand for "the above post provides the best summary of the point I'm supporting".
    This

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say and think this forum does have it's more accepted posters.
    If you don't say everything is rosy on planet Forest you are ridiculed.
    I think a lot of the humour is so childish it's cringworthy.
    Personally I am close to jacking it in thats how I feel about it but hey ho.
    With all due respect mate, it's the internet. If you don't like it, go do something else. There are other forums whcih I have been a member of that I don't post on, or even read anymore, they ceased to interest me for whatever reason, so i just moved on. I didn't see the need to tell people there why their boards didn't interest me anymore, or make any noise about leaving, as in my humble opinion, if had, it would have felt like some form of attention seeking, or fishing for people to ask me to stay.

Sorry should I have chucked a smiley on at the end for you?

Dancing in the Trent End

thank you and good night
    Not going to lie, your username is awesome.

Kingsley Black Fan Club

TheDude

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Against.

Miserable bastard

Oh...and what exactly is a 'forum heavy-weight'?

Who cares Anyway...?

It's a good way of getting your post count up without having to think about what to type.

TheDude

RIP Nigel Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    With all due respect mate, it's the internet. If you don't like it, go do something else. There are other forums whcih I have been a member of that I don't post on, or even read anymore, they ceased to interest me for whatever reason, so i just moved on. I didn't see the need to tell people there why their boards didn't interest me anymore, or make any noise about leaving, as in my humble opinion, if had, it would have felt like some form of attention seeking, or fishing for people to ask me to stay.
    That

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Not shooting my wad over the monitor

Who cares Anyway...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    It's a good way of getting your post count up without having to think about what to type.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Lighten up! Jeeeeesh!
    this

TheDude