Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earnshaw One On One Chance

Default Earnshaw One On One Chance

I know Earnie is held in high regard by the Cardiff fans which was clearly shown today.But i felt and a lot of people around me agreed that he didn't really want to score due to the affection he has for Cardiff.I know it may sound stupid but my opinion was even more agrred with people around me at the final whistle when he went over to the Cardiff fans.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Earnshaw One On Once Chance

don't be daft ! you honestly think he didn't try to score?

Graham Kavanagh said something very similar when he went from Cardiff to Wigan a few years back. He said i shot wide because i couldn't bring myself to score againest my beloved Cardiff.

sorry mate but that's complete arse!

Don't agree with that for a second.

The keeper made an excellent save though in Earnshaw's defence it wasn't easiest of angles...or at least it didn't appear to be from my seat.

Well i did feel that Earnshaw could of done a lot better with his chance.But i'm not blaming him for the result or anything because its a team game and Roberts goals are badly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    Well i did feel that Earnshaw could of done a lot better with his chance.But i'm not blaming him for the result or anything because its a team game and Roberts goals are badly needed.
    Of course he could have done better but to suggest he didn't score because he couldn't bear to score past one of his former clubs is too far fetched for me.

I saw him having a bit of a banter with the Cardiff fans, but it's expected. He was a legend there.

Regarding your statement, I don't think so mate. I would have imagined he would not have celebrated, had he put the ball in the net though.

Earnshaw - Welsh. Cardiff fans - Welsh. Todays game - Doughty hands Earnshaw his Wales cap.

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME SORT OF CONNECTION BETWEEN THESE THREE THINGS AND HIM APPLAUDING THE CARDIFF FANS AT THE END!

Internet tough guy

Default Re: Earnshaw One On One Chance

I'm not sure if Earnshaw tried to miss as from where I was it looked an excellent save. What really pissed me off though was when he came on. Bear in mind that we were losing again, and are rock bottom of the Championship and he starts pratting around doing the fucking ayotollah thing. Where do your loyalties lie Earnie. Totally unprofessional in my view.

this is good news as it means commons won't go on a personal crusade against us

It was a great save. If he wanted to miss it don't you think that he would've hit it wide or over? He stayed composed had all the time in the world placed it well and the keeper got down quickly (most probably anticipating where it was going to be hit) and got his hands to it after coming out and closing down the angle well.

Marlon Harewood loved forest. Yet when he played for West Ham he still came back here and scored. Earnshaw is a professional footballer he may have affection for a club and I am sure he appreaciates what they did for him. However, he has a job and he is professional enough to get on with it. Regardless of his love for the club.

May I ask where you were sat? My angle shows it was a quality shot which was followed by a great save. You must remember he was low on match fitness so he wasn't going to be overly sharped. A ridiculous claim.

Large Member

I saw it all! There was clearly a grassy knoll in front of the goal which caused Earnshaw's shot to bounce and allow the keeper to make a save.

Upper Bridgeford V1 Mouldy,Right behind the goal couldn't get much nearer than that unless you was a Cardiff fan.Clubber what grassy Knoll Forest don't play on a recreation ground even though they play like a Pub side.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang
    I saw it all! There was clearly a grassy knoll in front of the goal which caused Earnshaw's shot to bounce and allow the keeper to make a save.
    was lee harvey oswald on it

Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by PáNtHéRs
    was lee harvey oswald on it
    No he was in the book depository, stupid.

Dinosaur Prick

Yeah, bollocks. He went for the far post and the keeper got his fingers on it. It could have easily skimmed his fingers and still gone in.

Likewise, the keeper made a save from Perch in his studs in the first half and it went annoyingly wide, he was a right jammy fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang
    No he was in the book depository, stupid.
    what with a candlestick ,i thought it was the bedroom

Upper Bridgeford V1 Mouldy,Right behind the goal couldn't get much nearer than that unless you was a Cardiff fan.Clubber what grassy Knoll Forest don't play on a recreation ground even though they play like a Pub side.
    To be honest I think although you could consider the claim valid, is completely wrong.

As I said before Earnshaw is a professional footballer it is a job and he has to do it. He works for us now. He says he has a soft spot for us for taking him from derby and he loves it round here. It's a job which he has to do to the best of ability and he continues to do it regardless. If he didn't want to score, he would never have got himself in the position he got in at least then he can put it down to sharpness and fitness. Like I said the keeper came out and made a top save. If he wanted to miss he would've hit it wide, high or straight at the keeper. Not try and curl it in the corner.

I will happily admit that you were in a far better position to me ( Brian Clough Upper Block M) However, I will have to insist you are wrong. I go back to my example. Harewood did and still loves this club. Didn't stop him returning here and scoring for West Ham. He just didn't celebrate and got on with his job. You have to do what you're paid to do and Earnie will continue to do that as did Harewood.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Pity it was'nt Tyson that was put through he would have BURIED IT

Im some welsh sheeps head

That crossed my mind for a moment, but I don't think so. He'll make up for it and score a hat trick against Dierby.

winnits

He's scored against Cardiff before; so I don't believe for a minute he deliberately hit a shot on target that was saveable by the Bluebird's goalie's excellent reactions.

It looked like he could've squared to Tys with an open goal though

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    He's scored against Cardiff before; so I don't believe for a minute he deliberately hit a shot on target that was saveable by the Bluebird's goalie's excellent reactions.

It looked like he could've squared to Tys with an open goal though
    Would Tyson have scored?

Then again, his first touch might have done it..

winnits

Who knows; since Earnie didn't either we'd have been no worse off, though!

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Who knows; since Earnie didn't either we'd have been no worse off, though!
    I would have been less worse off if i'd stayed in bed.