Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: The numbers game

Default The numbers game

The league table is as bunched in the middle as last year when Leicester went down with 52 points. I suggest the target to survive this season will be 53 points. After 13 games played, a return of 6 points means 47 are required from the remaining 33 games. That's 1.42 points per game. It's not an insurmountable hurdle, but it requires top 10 form all the way between now and the end of the season and you'd think it means winning around 13 of those remaining 33 games.

After a return of 1 point from 2 home games this week, that doesn't look likely. Most people on the board were saying CC should go unless he could win 4 points this week. Well, he hasn't. Come the game against Derby, more than a third of the season will already have gone. It's racing along, the team haven't found their feet while that column that reads "points" simply isn't ticking over at all. Currently the gap remains 6 points, but any day now it's likely to jump to double figures - all it takes is one set of bad results.

Last season, the three teams in the bottom three at Christmas (halfway through) were the three that went down. Unless something changes it will soon require play-off form between now and the end of the season (2 points from the next 3 games and that's the situation), and then automatic promotion form all the way to the end. Is there anyone left who seriously believes CC can inspire that level of results in his team? Not me.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The numbers game

Good post. It makes sense. It looks easy but you and I both know that Calderwood is incapable of achieving that.

we're fooked

The only chance we have is that there are a handful of poor teams in the league this year - us included. I'm certain that Doncaster won't get anywhere near 50 points and I'm not convinced Southampton or Barnsley will either. That is the only hope we have right now.

I'm a supporter of CC but I think that his lack of tactical understanding has always been his downfall and this is being shown up now more than ever. Playing okay and losing EVERY week shows that he reached his natural level last year and it's time for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by andover red
    The only chance we have is that there are a handful of poor teams in the league this year - us included.* I'm certain that Doncaster won't get anywhere near 50 points and I'm not convinced Southampton or Barnsley will either.* That is the only hope we have right now.

I'm a supporter of CC but I think that his lack of tactical understanding has always been his downfall and this is being shown up now more than ever.* Playing okay and losing EVERY week shows that he reached his natural level last year and it's time for him to go.
    Your pining your hopes on us going down? Sorry to dissapoint mate but it aint gunna happen, we've been favourites to finish rock bottom 3 years in a row and where still here and currently out of the bottom 3, we've got 7 points out of 12 recently and played 2 top 6 sides (at the time) in sheff wed and bristol. We had a poor start to the season as we were missing our best players in; Muller, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Anderson de Silva and Iain Hume for a short spell. Don't mind forest fans but i think its daft how nearly everyone of you sre pinning your hopes on us to go down. YOOOUUUU RREEEEDDSSS

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dale BFC
    Your pining your hopes on us going down? Sorry to dissapoint mate but it aint gunna happen, we've been favourites to finish rock bottom 3 years in a row and where still here and currently out of the bottom 3, we've got 7 points out of 12 recently and played 2 top 6 sides (at the time) in sheff wed and bristol. We had a poor start to the season as we were missing our best players in; Muller, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Anderson de Silva and Iain Hume for a short spell. Don't mind forest fans but i think its daft how nearly everyone of you sre pinning your hopes on us to go down. YOOOUUUU RREEEEDDSSS
    We are desperate, its amazing what fading hope does to people.

aka Famous

I did support CC but now I do not.

We are going down with this man in charge and the stats do not give me much to optimistic about regardless.

I am amazed Nigel has let it get this far, we are almost at the point of no return.

aside from our promotion run at the end of last season have we actually had any other consistent runs with a string of wins together under CC at all??
    I think saints and donny will shoot their bolts for definite..leaves one other place and someone will slip down who's had an apparent decent start.

The only chance we have is that there are a handful of poor teams in the league this year - us included.* I'm certain that Doncaster won't get anywhere near 50 points and I'm not convinced Southampton or Barnsley will either.* That is the only hope we have right now.

I'm a supporter of CC but I think that his lack of tactical understanding has always been his downfall and this is being shown up now more than ever.* Playing okay and losing EVERY week shows that he reached his natural level last year and it's time for him to go.
    i think you have a valid point actually , despite our pathetic haul of points so far i still see a clutch of teams who are worse than us and as long as they don't hit a rich vein of form and we at some stage do have a purple patch or two then we could and should get above some of them ( well at least 3 i hope).

I think you're probably right - if there are four teams doing badly then all that's required is to finish top of that mini-league. It's just that right now I don't see that as happening. Donny look nearly down, but what on earth does that mean for Forest?

Hoping it works, here's a linky to last season's table which comes with a handy link to the table last Christmas.
    http://www.sportingchronicle.com/div...n20072008.html

I seriously think it's shaping up to be the same sort of Championship season again.

Looking at it like this, with the numbers, gives a real accurate feel of where we are. Colin has the team playing ok, I don't really blame him, but they can't score so something has to be done. As we can't bring new players in until January I'd suggest the manager going is the only option, even though I'd quite like to keep hold of CC.

I don't think he'll go tomorrow or Monday, but if we don't beat Derby and then push on from there then I think he'll be shown the door.