Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: DEFENDER NEEDED

Default DEFENDER NEEDED

When we were fortunate enough in getting promoted last season, I and many of my fellow Forest fans agreed that the most important signing was a Central Defender. As Cloughie always said you start from the back.

CC was a central defender yet still seems reluctant to admit that is where our problems lie.

Wes has his limitations
    Breckin is about past it
    Chambers is way out his depth at this level
    Wilson seems ok

At right back we have a similar problem unless he plays Perch there

We have a mountain of midfielders and plenty of strikers, albeit not on fire or fit at present but lack depth in defence.

Now Bennett is out we are going to have Lynch at left back - on loan from a lower league
    Chambers at right back who is clearly not good enough

Wilson, Breckin or wes at central defence

We have 5 players on loan - 1 x keeper, 1 x left back and 3 x midfielders - how many midfielders do we need -

Martin, Fletcher, Anderson, Perch, McGugan, Moussi (injured), Davies, Cohen, Thornhill

How many strikers do we need:
    Tyson, Cole, Earnshaw, Garner, McCleary

There must surely be a 30+ experienced defender not playing 1st team football from the Prem that'd do a job.

Worrying.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nakkernino del clusto

Default Re: DEFENDER NEEDED

Even if there are defenders out there, we cant do anything realistically until January, as we can't loan anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    Even if there are defenders out there, we cant do anything realistically until January, as we can't loan anymore.
    Are you sure ?? I thought we could loan until the end of Oct but i may be wrong.

Well let me introduce him. THIS IS SPARTA!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

??*

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by chureds
    Are you sure ??* I thought we could loan until the end of Oct but i may be wrong.
    Yep, we used up our maximum load quota the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman
    ??
    That would be better employed in an attacking midfield role.

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    Yes we can still loan , there is no limit to the number of short term loans we can have , however we can only play a maximum of 5 loan players in the matchday squad of 16 at any one time.

Quote Originally Posted by elk
    When we were fortunate enough in getting promoted last season, I and many of my fellow Forest fans agreed that the most important signing was a Central Defender. As Cloughie always said you start from the back.

CC was a central defender yet still seems reluctant to admit that is where our problems lie.

Wes has his limitations
    Breckin is about past it
    Chambers is way out his depth at this level
    Wilson seems ok

At right back we have a similar problem unless he plays Perch there

We have a mountain of midfielders and plenty of strikers, albeit not on fire or fit at present but lack depth in defence.

Now Bennett is out we are going to have Lynch at left back - on loan from a lower league
    Chambers at right back who is clearly not good enough

Wilson, Breckin or wes at central defence

We have 5 players on loan - 1 x keeper, 1 x left back and 3 x midfielders - how many midfielders do we need -
    Martin, Fletcher, Anderson, Perch, McGugan, Moussi (injured), Davies, Cohen, Thornhill

How many strikers do we need:
    Tyson, Cole, Earnshaw, Garner, McCleary

There must surely be a 30+ experienced defender not playing 1st team football from the Prem that'd do a job.

Worrying.
    It's not a question of how many we NEED, it's a question of how many of our squad are capable in this division.

I think you cannot say Chambers is way out of his depth as a central defender.

He is not a good full back I fully agree but he might prove a successful centre back I think he will because when he is in a defensive position and defending against someone direct on he looks good. For me without the concern of having to get foward he would do OK. At the moment though Perch is the best right back at the club.

I think central defenders are decent when paired up properly. For me Breckin is the best centre back I have seen this season so far. His aerial ability is up to standards and I think his expierence has done wonders for us this season i.e. Watford. He has been most composed most willing to stick his foot in and he should be starting along side Wes. Although he doesn't talk much as a leader he certainly communicates with Morgan when Morgan is told what to do he is a top defender when he has to make decisions for himself with no support it all goes wrong. Wilson for me has been poor this season. He obviously is aerially poor, for a captain he is quieter than Smith and he seems to assume everyone is always on the same wavelength as him i.e leaving it for Smith when Smith is nowhere near him and letting strikers put unneccessary pressure on the defence. He has been a big disappointment for me and I am sure Brecks is just as disappointed to not be in the line up for Wilson.

Left back I think Lynch looks good. He is hard he trys his best and he can get up the wing aswell. He defends well and after the incident during the week he still managed to get up and play on. Hasn't really been given the chance to have sustained spell in the side but now is his big chance and from seeing breif spells of him I am confident he will succeed.

Another leader is essential for me. Whether a central defender or not we certainly don't have squad issues without injuries etc. A new leader and a new physio!