Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: whos found wanting the most?

Default whos found wanting the most?

After making the step up from League 1 which player as been found out the most?

Before everyone says Chambers bare in mind he wasnt that good in the second half of last season.

IMO its got to be Wilson. He shone like a beacon last season, but every time he steps on the ball running back the opposition seem to have a shot this season. He just doesnt seem to have adapted at all.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nakkernino del clusto

Default Re: whos found wanting the most?

Wilson, Bennet in particular.

Chambers. Without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by cmw

Before everyone says Chambers bare in mind he wasnt that good in the second half of last season.

IMO its got to be Wilson. He shone like a beacon last season, but every time he steps on the ball running back the opposition seem to have a shot this season. He just doesnt seem to have adapted at all.
    i'd say smith, but you have a point with wilson.

although he is still our best defender.

Rice 17

I think Wilson, he has really struggled with the step and for him to have been made team capt is just stupidity.

I'm sick of it

The entire back four. The only one who i've seen perform with any kind of credibility is Breckin when he was called upon....and that really is saying something!

They see me trollin'

Wally Walderwood.

Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    i'd say smith, but you have a point with wilson.

although he is still our best defender.
    Again with Smith id say he wasnt that good last season.

And before anyone starts im not getting in a debate about the keepers.

They see me trollin'

And before anyone starts im not getting in a debate about the keepers.
    What about Barry Roche?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    What about Barry Roche?
    this guy is a real comedy genius.

Again with Smith id say he wasnt that good last season.
    the guy made 25 clean sheets? around there...and he wasn't that good.
    Just remeber, this season our defence has been our weakness link.
    We would of lost the game vs Reading- where he made that great save. He's kept us in games last season and some this season.

Bennett hasn't coped too well, he always does that thing like hes going to dink the ball with his left and still send it out for a throw.

besides Andy Cone

They see me trollin'

The supporters.

chambers
    bennett
    nat king cole
    wilson is struggling for form but will be ok at this level

Chambers, Bennett, Wilson, Morgan, Tyson, and Cole (who has actually stepped down, technically) have all looked distinctly League One.

I feel sorry for Chambers - step up and STILL being played out of position. Was found out badly again - why did Anderson need to be in the RB spot to concede the pen? Chambers was AWOL again!

Again, Lynch is a central defender asked to do a full backs job. Acknowledge he was a bit groggy, but looked slow against nippy wingers. Better suited to CB.

Morgan has looked dreadful each time Ive seen him.....awkward with the ball and his balls upfield almost always go to the oppo.

Nathan "glasslegs" Tyson has looked out of his depth - lightweight and easily muscled off the ball and without a trick when running at people.

Andrew Cole looks lethargic, lazy and disinterested. Playing with 10 men with him in the side.

I feel sorry for Smith. Ironic cheers when Camp collected a cross dont help. True, Smith doesnt command his area well, but to put all our woes at his door is not fair. Other than the Kuqi lob, hes been good and has kept respectability in some scorelines.

Breckin - too old and slow. Give it up son.

Bennett and Cohen - both show heart, both produce little. At least Bennett does what he is supposed to and defend. Not that we will see much of him now for a while.

Davies. Havent seen much of him, but enough to see hes a little lightweight with not enough to trouble even the most generous of defences in this division.

We BADLY need two NATURAL fullbacks to prevent the crosses that rain in. Wilson needs a steady partner in the middle that isnt Breckin or Morgan.

There needs to be a creative one and a battler in MF. Assuming that Fletcher replaces the Moose in MF, then Lewis has to step up to create things.

The front men need to work together - a lot resting on Garners shoulders and we can only hope that he links up well with glasslegs.

Mr Cole - go and pose somewhere else.

Bright spots - there arent many. Anderson and McCleary both look lively. Anderson a bit lightweight. They need support and someone up front who is interested enough to get on the end of their work.

winnits

Most of the defence. Chambers was poor in defence throughout last season, but fortunately wasn't challenged much - and got a few goals.

Wilson and player-of-the-season Bennett have really struggled. Wes, bless him, is just as clumsy, but against better strikers.

I think Cohen has flattered to deceive this season so far too; I cannot fault his workrate at all - but what do we have to show for it? Not much.

IMO its got to be Wilson. He shone like a beacon last season, but every time he steps on the ball* running back the opposition seem to have a shot this season. He just doesnt seem to have adapted at all.
    The entire defence. They have gone into the season complacently thinking they will be able to get away with whatever they want to do. There are others in the defence thinking they don't have to try hard. The rest their true quality has just shown. All I can say is my sympathy goes with players like Breckin who still doesn't get picked over Wilson and Morgan even though in my eyes he has been the best centre back so far.

Victor Meldrew

I am.

I want us to win some games.

I so want that.

I am excusing Chambers here - He is a CB, we have all known that for a long time. Playing out of position is doing him NO favours.

Bennett - As I predicted, awful player who got by with charging around in the lower leagues, poor and was never going to be good enough for the Championship.

Tyson - Read comments in other thread

Morgan - Again, another that could have been predicted - Lacks the quality at this level, got away with pure physical capabilities lower down but at this level - Simply not good neough to start.

Tyson has a first touch like a wall. Balloon's off his foot, and his pace can't keep bail him out of that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dave45678
    I am excusing Chambers here - He is a CB, we have all known that for a long time. Playing out of position is doing him NO favours.

Bennett - As I predicted, awful player who got by with charging around in the lower leagues, poor and was never going to be good enough for the Championship.

Tyson - Read comments in other thread

Morgan - Again, another that could have been predicted - Lacks the quality at this level, got away with pure physical capabilities lower down but at this level - Simply not good neough to start.
    Got it!!

Someone was asking me to quote someone saying this and now you have cheers!

Long Serving Member

The main two have been Tyson and Bennett. Neither have a good enough brain to compete week in week out, you might get one or two games where they'd get a rating of 7 in a Sunday paper but don't expect seeing any 8's, 9's or 10's this season from these pair.

Wes and Kelvin are JUST ABOUT good enough, concentration levels just need improving.

Not gonna say Chambers as, have many have mentioned, he's out of position.

Thornhill and Sinclair weren't even ready for League One football nevermind Championship but both, if given time out on loan could maybe make the step up.

The same goes for McCleary, but rather than loaning him out just keep him involved as he is at the minute. He's improving with every game IMO.