Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: Conspiracy Theory

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,858

    Default Conspiracy Theory

    As any one thought that Doughty just wants out. He was always pinning his hopes on getting a "free" new stadium with the World Cup bid. When that fell away, did he think thats it? What better way to exit and try to look like he's been hard done by, by being forced out by the fans. The media will be fed how much money he's "pumped in" and how ungrateful the Forest fans are. The only way he could turn the fans that have trusted him in the face of everything, would be to dismantle the team, mirroring the Paul Hart debacle. The only way he could stop a dissenting voice in the club would be to get rid of him...

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Who cares Anyway...?
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory




  4. #3
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    That's a crap theory.

    I prefer the explanation that he and Marthur both don't know quite what they're doing, due to the effects of Chem trails over the City Ground.


  5. #4

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    I'm as disillusioned as the next man but no, I don't see things that way.

    I honestly just believe he doesn't really want to go up. People always talk about promotion in terms of the incoming money but Premiership clubs require so much additional investment that the TV money etc is little fish. I honestly think that he's quite happy running a top end Football League club but is concerned that the commitment necessary to run a Premier League club would bankrupt him.


  6. #5

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    I'm as disillusioned as the next man but no, I don't see things that way.

    I honestly just believe he doesn't really want to go up. People always talk about promotion in terms of the incoming money but Premiership clubs require so much additional investment that the TV money etc is little fish. I honestly think that he's quite happy running a top end Football League club but is concerned that the commitment necessary to run a Premier League club would bankrupt him.
    so becoming a yoyo team and creaming off the parachute payments wouldn't interest him.you wouldn't need massive investment when in the prem look at the like of blackpool swansea norwich etc little investment year in the sun then down with huge profit.


  7. #6

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplehead View Post
    so becoming a yoyo team and creaming off the parachute payments wouldn't interest him.you wouldn't need massive investment when in the prem look at the like of blackpool swansea norwich etc little investment year in the sun then down with huge profit.
    This parachute payments stuff is a myth. The only yo-yo team I can recall in recent years is WBA.

    Look at Watford, Crystal Palace, Hull, Derby and Sheffield United. All clubs that spent a brief period in the Premier League - one or two seasons - and all clubs that are still dealing with the financial fall-out of a quick relegation back down into the Championship. Every single one of those clubs is now skint except Hull who were virtually penniless until they were co-opted last season. Parachute payments didn't help them and they won't help us.


  8. #7
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    Look at Watford, Crystal Palace, Hull, Derby and Sheffield United.
    ...and Burnley.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    Parachute payments didn't help them and they won't help us.

    Although the Parachute payment system has been changed since most of those teams went down, giving relegated sides more money, but spread out over a longer period of time. Just to disadvantage sides who aren't freshly relegated further.


  9. #8

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    This parachute payments stuff is a myth. The only yo-yo team I can recall in recent years is WBA.

    Look at Watford, Crystal Palace, Hull, Derby and Sheffield United. All clubs that spent a brief period in the Premier League - one or two seasons - and all clubs that are still dealing with the financial fall-out of a quick relegation back down into the Championship. Every single one of those clubs is now skint except Hull who were virtually penniless until they were co-opted last season. Parachute payments didn't help them and they won't help us.
    these clubs overspent in the prem they chased the dream of staying.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,514

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    If the club goes up and doesn't invest at all then it's pretty bloody obvious it won't hurt us finacially. Quite the opposite in fact.

    Just because some clubs go up and gamble doesn't mean we have to follow suit. Getting promoted to the Premier League is the start to steady financial footing. Anyone who would rather we stay in this league not only lacks basic mathematic knowledge but is also a coward to boot. Going to Anfield again? Yes please.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  11. #10
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    If the club goes up and doesn't invest at all then it's pretty bloody obvious it won't hurt us finacially. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Ah...now that's got me thinking...here's a proper conspiracy...

    ...when Marthur was negotiating contracts with our current players, he tempted them to sign by offering absolutely ridiculous salary increases for promotion to the Premier Leagues....somewhere in the regions on 10 gazillion percent. Now, he's deliberately stuffing up all the transfers dealings as he's scared shitless we'll go up and Doughty will discover what he's done...and the club would be crippled.

    Nurse! My MEDICATION NOW! DAMMIT!!!


  12. #11
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,845

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory





    MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #12
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory




  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,891

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Well The club wants/needs to sign players even the manager has admitted this much.
    Why are we struggling this is open to debate. I'm sure there isn't a conspiracy though.
    But there are reasons that we are failing to push forward at the right time and even more worryingly the struggle to bring the right players into the club.
    What are these reasons?.
    Well my opinion is that the club say we want to make the next step by bringing in an ex England manager in they have laid the foundations for this but are not willing to pay the sort of wages to attract the type of player to deliver this.
    I think the club would do better to just say that they are going to try to do it the more frugal way and not overstate their ambition.
    If the club fails to bring in player/s for when the manager flies off to Portugal I feel it will be pretty damn embarrassing.
    I also think by letting the players go before we had replacments in is a little short sighted.
    The above can all be wrote off if we get the players in. So we will see eh.


  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    1,853

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    them dudes on vital say hank steinbrenner want the club still


  16. #15

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    If the club goes up and doesn't invest at all then it's pretty bloody obvious it won't hurt us finacially. Quite the opposite in fact.

    Just because some clubs go up and gamble doesn't mean we have to follow suit. Getting promoted to the Premier League is the start to steady financial footing. Anyone who would rather we stay in this league not only lacks basic mathematic knowledge but is also a coward to boot. Going to Anfield again? Yes please.
    That's just not true. There are plenty of compulsory investments required of newly prmoted Premier League clubs.

    Hypothetically speaking, whether or not ND made the decision to invest in new players is by the by; he would still mandatorily be required to construct, for instance, a media centre of min. 50sq meters with a minimum of 15 ISDN audio and visual lines, which would instantly become a dead duck should we be summarily relegated after one season.

    Futhermore, 50 seats around the halfway line would need reserving. These seats must have a desk top, a television monitor, four electrical sockets, wi-fi and a telephone socket.

    Furthermore 18 TV commentary positions for UK broadcasters and 12 for overseas TV broadcasters would be required in the gantry (currently big enough for 6 seperate TV commentary teams) and 18 commentary positions for Radio broadcasters. Then, a 1000sq m segregated area on club premises must be reserved for OB vehicles. And these are just a few of the media requirements, none of which we could currently satisfy, all of which will require investment, all of which will be dead money if we're summarily relegated back down into the Football League.

    People underestimate the level of off-field investment required just to satisfy Premier League regulations, If we fail on anyone of those criteria, our promotion would be rejected. So yes, playing staff is a voluntary expense. But the above named plus much, much more, is not.


  17. #16
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I think the club would do better to just say that they are going to try to do it the more frugal way and not overstate their ambition.
    Whilst admirable, such an approach could spark a downward spiral. You'd certainly get a large number of 'floating fans' who'd think 'well, I won't bother getting a season ticket/going to matches/buying merchandise then', which would reduce the clubs income and in turn cause a need to be even more frugal...which could result in a fall down the leagues, which further reduces fans, income etc...and so the spiral continues.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Would he not have put the club up for sale, if the OP is right? I think getting his £60m back would be his priority rather than looking good in the press.

    He's simply trying to spend as little as possible whilst also staying competitive. Forest isn't profitable, doesn't turnover enough to cover wages at the level we need to be a top 6 Championship team. The club won't until its in the Prem. Spending lots of money is no guarantee we will get there. He's being cautious with the extra he puts in, limiting his risk by building a team slowly. Which again is no guarantee either.


  19. #18
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    That's just not true. There are plenty of compulsory investments required of newly prmoted Premier League clubs.

    Hypothetically speaking, whether or not ND made the decision to invest in new players is by the by; he would still mandatorily be required to construct, for instance, a media centre of min. 50sq meters with a minimum of 15 ISDN audio and visual lines, which would instantly become a dead duck should we be summarily relegated after one season.

    Futhermore, 50 seats around the halfway line would need reserving. These seats must have a desk top, a television monitor, four electrical sockets, wi-fi and a telephone socket.

    Furthermore 18 TV commentary positions for UK broadcasters and 12 for overseas TV broadcasters would be required in the gantry (currently big enough for 6 seperate TV commentary teams) and 18 commentary positions for Radio broadcasters. Then, a 1000sq m segregated area on club premises must be reserved for OB vehicles. And these are just a few of the media requirements, none of which we could currently satisfy, all of which will require investment, all of which will be dead money if we're summarily relegated back down into the Football League.

    People underestimate the level of off-field investment required just to satisfy Premier League regulations, If we fail on anyone of those criteria, our promotion would be rejected. So yes, playing staff is a voluntary expense. But the above named plus much, much more, is not.
    Bilimey! Well researched sir, I had no idea about any of that...


  20. #19

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by sam.oc235 View Post
    them dudes on vital say hank steinbrenner want the club still
    That would be awesome! He harbours a mortal hatred for John Henry (Liverpool owner) and would surely splash the cash to put us on at least an equal footing with his nemesis.


  21. #20
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,036

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by sam.oc235 View Post
    them dudes on vital say hank steinbrenner want the club still
    Did the Shorey this morning story come from Vital?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,891

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    That would be awesome! He harbours a mortal hatred for John Henry (Liverpool owner) and would surely splash the cash to put us on at least an equal footing with his nemesis.
    Does he know that Carragher's a ****?.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,858

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by twig View Post
    Would he not have put the club up for sale, if the OP is right? I think getting his £60m back would be his priority rather than looking good in the press.

    He's simply trying to spend as little as possible whilst also staying competitive. Forest isn't profitable, doesn't turnover enough to cover wages at the level we need to be a top 6 Championship team. The club won't until its in the Prem. Spending lots of money is no guarantee we will get there. He's being cautious with the extra he puts in, limiting his risk by building a team slowly. Which again is no guarantee either.
    I'm not saying my crazy theory is correct, I was just putting it out there. I can't see him ever getting his £60M back, and I'm sure he can't. The problem comes he doesn't spend as little as possible. He spends an alleged fortune. It's whats done with the alleged money thats the problem. For a club thats supposed to of had £25M of external investment over the last 2 seasons, our squad doesn't show this.


  24. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    1,853

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Did the Shorey this morning story come from Vital?
    think so


  25. #24
    Who cares Anyway...?
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I'm not saying my crazy theory is correct, I was just putting it out there. I can't see him ever getting his £60M back, and I'm sure he can't. The problem comes he doesn't spend as little as possible. He spends an alleged fortune. It's whats done with the alleged money thats the problem. For a club thats supposed to of had £25M of external investment over the last 2 seasons, our squad doesn't show this.
    I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but I'm sure on another thread someone (Rich maybe?) explained how to get hold of the clubs accounts and gave a breakdown of where the money is spent.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I'm not saying my crazy theory is correct, I was just putting it out there. I can't see him ever getting his £60M back, and I'm sure he can't. The problem comes he doesn't spend as little as possible. He spends an alleged fortune. It's whats done with the alleged money thats the problem. For a club thats supposed to of had £25M of external investment over the last 2 seasons, our squad doesn't show this.
    Imagine what it would look like if it hadn't had £25m. It'd be like the team Megson took down.

    When I say "as little as possible" I mean he spends just enough to keep us competitive.

    I think he would get his money back one way or another - the money he's put in are as loans at a more favourable rate of interest than borrowing from a bank. Any new owner would have to reach an agreement when those would be paid back, either by long term repayments or a big initial cash payment, or both.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •