Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are forest fans so damn negative?

Default Why are forest fans so damn negative?

Every post i read about names we are supposedly interested in we get the same old......."NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" or "MORE CHANCE OF enter random pointless name here"

I for one am sick of it.....yes i admit our current predicerment doesnt look to healthy but we have to believe that people in the club are doing everything they can to get players in! I still firmly believe we will get at least 3 or 4 more players and am looking forward to seeing the club in action next year!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Why are forest fans so damn negative?

Huge difference between negative and realistic. People also base their opinions on historical context. We all know, by now, that Forest are tight arses when it comes to wages.

I too believe they're doing everthing they can, just as they did all they could over the last few transfer windows.

The cynicism is because 'doing all they can' usually isn't enough as we consistently miss out.

All Should Aspire...

I would love to be positive.

But I can't.

The "jokes" are not funny anymore. Just tiresome. That I agree with.

If they can bring in a left back, all my cynicism will evaporate.

Sometimes we're just havin a laugh really to pass time

Not that type of player

It only takes a second to score a goal.

All Should Aspire...

To be fair, the only fans with anything to smile about in NPC are Festers. The only ones spending (another signing today to be declared for them).

It's because of that summer when Billy wasn't backed. It's because of that summer when Paul Hart wasn't backed. It's simple really.

I've been reading the forums a bit today as I don't get that much time or chance to these days and to be honest, was quite embarassed by a lot of it. This forum used to be a really good place for debates as well. For me, the place has really gone downhill in the last year or two.

We all have to be positive, the first summer that Billy got he brought in quite a few players (can't remember how many) so we have to believe that we will get players in.
    Also remember that Forest do have a habit of not annoucing signings straight away like most team so I believe we'll get the players in we need but it all takes time so lets have faith

Forest til I die,
    COME ON YOUR REDS

Well what a negative thread about forest fans this is lol

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC1989 View Post
    Every post i read about names we are supposedly interested in we get the same old......."NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" or "MORE CHANCE OF enter random pointless name here"

I for one am sick of it.....yes i admit our current predicerment doesnt look to healthy but we have to believe that people in the club are doing everything they can to get players in! I still firmly believe we will get at least 3 or 4 more players and am looking forward to seeing the club in action next year!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!
    Not being funny but What sort of things do you want the negative posters to write?.
    I think rather than channeling your frustration on the negative poster issue. Wouldn't it be better to post positive posts about the club?.
    Please do as some of us could do with a bit of cheering up on the football front.

All Should Aspire...

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Not being funny but What sort of things do you want the negative posters to write?.
    I think rather than channeling your frustration on the negative poster issue. Wouldn't it be better to post positive posts about the club?.
    Please do as some of us could do with a bit of cheering up on the football front.
    McGugen scored 2 and set up another 2 in a training match yesterday. Rumour is Barnes was playing.

Little bit of light hearted news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Standard View Post
    McGugen scored 2 and set up another 2 in a training match yesterday. Rumour is Barnes was playing.

Eh it's a start.
    Cheers for the positive update.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I've been reading the forums a bit today as I don't get that much time or chance to these days and to be honest, was quite embarassed by a lot of it. This forum used to be a really good place for debates as well. For me, the place has really gone downhill in the last year or two.
    See i dont think this is true. The debate is still there, and its still really good.

Theres just alot more of it from different perspectives. Things havent been that great recently so theres alot more pessimism.

Debate isnt just people talking about how great things are, or the positives.

If anything i think this forum has got more lively imo.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 10-07-11 at 18:28.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'm not negative, I just think Forest have completely ruined everything

Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by Special Agent Dale Cooper View Post
    I'm not negative, I just think Forest have completely ruined everything
    god lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    See i dont this is true. The debate is still there, and its still really good.

Theres just alot more of it from different perspectives. Things havent been that great recently so theres alot more pessimism.

Debate isnt just people talking about how great things are, or the positives.

If anything i think this forum has got more lively imo.

Yep! Good post, You need all opinions for a debate otherwise everything is one sided- I am sure there are people sick of the happy clappy- just as there are doom merchants- I am being reserved optimistic with flurries of doom and happy clappy- lol lol

Rupert

I just disagree with whatever the majority is.

if your being happy i like to be miserable..

same goes for the doom and gloom posters..

im just a nobhead really

Large Member

Because being a forest fan is like endlessly having sex but never reaching orgasm.

Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by kennylaing View Post
    Because being a forest fan is like endlessly having sex but never reaching orgasm.
    Its like having a Ferrari with a wheel missing

Quote Originally Posted by The Standard View Post

...the Leicester scouts loved it...

Default Why the Worry?

Why? Because we're in a time of uncertainty for Forest, and change.

Billy was sacked when most people didn't expect it, even though the media were banging on about it, nobody believed it. It really shook things up.

McLaren coming in met with mixed reactions (I wasn't too displeased myself really). But now, we've had some familiar faces from recent seasons leave. We've had it pretty good recently, and fans are rightly worried that we'll do what we did after Harts successes and go backwards.

New manager, lots of players left, and past precedent for the Forest hierarchy fucking it up. Really, is it any wonder people are worried and hitting the panic button?

I still think there's every chance we'll get it right and get the players in, but we're in a period of uncertainty and change, and it just feels like we're trying to make the step up to the next level, aiming for the players that will get us promoted, but that they're not quite within our means.

I think that disparity and the fact that we're in a transition has rightly got people worried. We're stretching to make the step up, and because we're not rolling in cash, it's fucking hard. If they weren't worried, you'd have to wonder if they actually care much?

Again, I do think there's every chance we'll have a good summer, find the bargains, we've had that too in the past, but people shouldn't be criticised for worrying, there's good reason for it if you give a shit about Forest.

Come on you Reds, let's hope we get what we need next week and make a good start in Portugal. Bricking it.

Default Re: Why the Worry?

Fair post that is.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Why the Worry?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum