Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expectations..............

Banned

Default Expectations..............

Tonight had a strange feel to it as we headed towards the ground, the result was so important and yet we are still in October, relegation is in the air, as the general feeling seems to be Forest have fizzled out before Bonfire night.

The crowd seemed somewhat passive, which was no great suprise bearing in mind the previous run of results, almost an acceptance of the inevitable really.

An early attempt was ruled out for off-side, McCleary's speculative effort bought every one to their feet, but even that could not held on to against an Ipswich side who weaved pretty patterns, virtually at their will between the two goal area's and very little in between. A crap challenge resulted in a penalty and equaliser.

At that point the expectations of every one seemed to be well thats that then, we will not win now. Forest ran around aimlessly, knocked speculative long balls forward, very little excitement, seemingly very little passion, easy passing, easy street Forest....Is this the expectations for the remainder of the season........................If you did not witness it, imagine the discomfort of smack in the ear on a very cold day, mind numbing and annoying.........that was tonight's display by the Reds.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Expectations..............

Even listening to the radio, I can't ever remember celebrating a goal quite as much as I did McCleary's.

We seemed to reel from confidence and I'd have bet my lucky knickers that we'd have scored a second. What happened thereafter baffles me. We seemed to have left our va va voom in the dressing room.

It appears a further controversial reffing decision made the difference, again, and we have to settle for just a point when all three were most definitely up for grabs.

As for expectation.....I expect to win on Saturday.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

I just want to know how long before everyone will agree enough is enough

As I said in the 'Calderwood In/Out' thread, I think we ARE relegated. Our form will have to be virtually the equal of those sides with play-off positions in their sights just for us to avoid relegation by a whisker.

My expectations are that Colin does the decent thing and leaves now.

PLEASE PLEASE COLIN JUST FUCK OFF.

My expectations for the start of the season was a stable Mid-table position, The season is still young there's still plenty more games to come.
    Yes, our form at the moment is relegation form..We can battle it out, we can still finish mid table, With a new manager. Who knows.
    Our squad on paper, looks decent enough to stay up. I think if we ever did get a fully fit squad, I feel we would be doing far above expectations.
    If CC does go, It's better to do it now. So we can get the new manager in, he settles in, then buys in the January transer window.

Expectation's for Me tonight, were that we could of got all 3 points. Ipswich are not very good away from home. But we didn't capitalise.

JOIN ME

relegation, relegation, relegation.

forget the football ! i've never wanted to be bananaman so much after seeing that bird getting to grips with that piece of fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    We seemed to have left our va va voom in the dressing room.
    We exchanged it for Nicky Eaden in 2005.

Banned

Yes but she seems to have appalling manners, not very well brought up at all, fancy ramming the banana in her mouth like that in a greedy fashion, no wonder she seems to choke and pull it out fast..............

Lincolnshire Finishing School for young Ladies with Bad Manners would help her out

apply PO.BOX 1, Sedgebrook Lincs

NickDoyle

I think thats a good and fair assessment - we didnt capitalise, and we should have done

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by thetfordred
    forget the football ! i've never wanted to be bananaman so much after seeing that bird getting to grips with that piece of fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Yes but she seems to have appalling manners, not very well brought up at all, fancy ramming the banana in her mouth like that in a greedy fashion, no wonder she seems to choke and pull it out fast..............

Lincolnshire Finishing School for young Ladies with Bad Manners would help her out

apply PO.BOX 1, Sedgebrook Lincs
    WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS?!?!?!?!!*

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

winnits

daztheman's signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    If CC does go, It's better to do it now. So we can get the new manager in, he settles in, then buys in the January transer window.
    lol

Nick! *You're having a laugh mate! *

Forest buy in the January transfer window!

Yeah right!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    daztheman's signature
    Suddenly it all becomes clear to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    My expectations for the start of the season was a stable Mid-table position, The season is still young there's still plenty more games to come.
    Yes, our form at the moment is relegation form..We can battle it out, we can still finish mid table, With a new manager.* Who knows.
    It's much worse than that.

1 point a game is relegation form. We're going at 0.5 points a game.

My expectation for this season was to finish 21st. I feel I'm being let down.

.k I m
    I m u mm

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure CC has a couple of tricks up his sleeve.

Providing he's got a save file from just before the season began he can load that up and give it another go.

Let's face it if we played decent football we still wouldn't have scored with Tyson upfront. He really is a poor poor player.

It should improve when Earnshaw is back in the side (hopefully soon) I think him and Cole could tear any defence apart.

winnits

He scored a perfectly legitimate goal last night!

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    It's much worse than that.

1 point a game is relegation form. We're going at 0.5 points a game.
    Maybe that's Colin's plan? We'll stay up by being too rubbish to get relegated?

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    I wouldn't worry, I'm sure CC has a couple of tricks up his sleeve.

Providing he's got a save file from just before the season began he can load that up and give it another go.
    In the words of Kryten

"No tricks....no sleeves!"

Banned

Now then are you really looking forward to tomorrow's game or has force of habit kicked in........................

The expectation levels looking forward to the match amongst the fans I have spoken to is almost a resigned despair

Have much mixed feelings about tommorow.Nervously looking forward to it,we have to win again sometime don't we,but I don't know whether it will be under Calderwood.It is his last realistic chance of picking up three points,can't see us picking up any points in the two games after,and surely he can't survive post D*rby.

players need a kick up the *rse so lets get a new gaffer in
    Sam Alladyce after the Direby game I expect