Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Time Entertainment

Default Half Time Entertainment

I was talking with my Reading supporting friend earlier today, and the topic moved onto half time entertainment, and the epic show we had at the City Ground a few years back when we played each other. I seem to remember a bunch of army fella's beating high hell out of each other on mats while teaching the crowd how to disarm someone with a gun...awesome.

Now, I don't get to go to the City Ground week in / week out but if I'm right in saying, we don't have any half time entertainment per se, other than the youngsters taking penalties against our rather perverse looking Robin Hood mascot?? (What happened to Sherwood Bear by the way?)

I remember back in 2003, we used to have a crossbar challenge competition which was always rather interactive and entertaining, does anyone know why it was axed?? I know other teams offer some form of entertainment, like the cheerleaders at Palace or even the Mushy Pea mascot at Direby (ha!).

So, anyway, this got me thinking about what you would like to see for half time entertainment at the CG or what you have seen at other grounds that sticks in your memory?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Half Time Entertainment

I remember the army guys, they came down from the Brian Clough stand, I thought that was at an open day though but my memory is crap What ever happened to the open days, disappeared when Billy came along.

Senior Member?

I miss that crossbar challenge! HT entertainment's been shit/non existent at the CG for ages.

It was definitely vs Reading at home, because my friend (sitting in the away end) text me saying 'Learning how to disarm someone with a gun, nice. That'll come in useful in Nottingham'

Who will BooBaby boo?
    I'm up on the eleventh floor and I'm watching the Harleys below.

The entertainment should be football related most weekends. Kids 11 a side, teenagers 5-a-side sort of thing. Even penalties or crossbar challenge would be better than nothing, esp if have a forest fan .v. an away fan.

winnits

Not even had penos for a while, the army guys abseiling from the Clough Stand then beating the shit out of each other was brilliant. Anything involving the mascot is inevitably shit.

To be honest, I don't really require half time entertainment and would gladly trade it for entertaining games instead - although the penalties can be fun, they used to have bands playing too.. that was entertaining.

i wouldn't mind the entertainment that Saarfend put on a few years back (we lost 1-0 to a pikey eastwood goal) anyone that was there will know what i mean

Better Call Saul!

Half time entertainment can be a bit sh*t to say the least! I remember years ago at Deepdale, Preston seeing Jack Russell dogs dribbling footballs from the centre spot into the goal - was amusing for the duration but have never forgot it!

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by walter e kurtz View Post
    i wouldn't mind the entertainment that Saarfend put on a few years back (we lost 1-0 to a pikey eastwood goal) anyone that was there will know what i mean
    Streak-tastic

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by walter e kurtz View Post
    Or do you mean the full time entertainment of burning the pier down?

Not that type of player

I'd just be content with being able to get a drink without a massive queue.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

only half time entertainment this year was a rather amusing penalty miss by someone in T2 who had to endure taunts from the whole block when he got back to take his seat for the second half. in fact i barely remember seeing him after that...

Quote Originally Posted by James_NFFC View Post
    (What happened to Sherwood Bear by the way?)
    He was stolen- well the costume anyway

tori black being serviced by 10 lucky season ticket holders each week.

the mascot race a few years back against doncastor was hilarious, only because chambers managed to hit Donny dog on the head with the ball from 60yards away. So funny

Banned

think it was at donny or watford the season just gone and they did karate was quite funny

I remember back in the 90's a female soloist singing "the best" to PVH as he warmed up. I don't think that bloke needed to ego design anymore to be honest

Dancing in the Trent End

I remember going to Doncaster away for their last ever game at Belle Vue, and they had Opera singers trying to get the crowd singing opera, as well as the Forest fans. God what a sh*t day that was.

Quote Originally Posted by D***y Red View Post
    tori black being serviced by 10 lucky season ticket holders each week.
    lol lol

Don't care too much for half time entertainment. I remember they once got the mascots to answer a quiz, and even Mark Dennison said halfway through "I don't think this'll be coming back again soon".

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Its 15mins. If people can't entertain themselves for 15mins then its worrying how shit peoples attention spans are. Or at least how shit their company is that there can't bare to look at the person next to them never mind speak to them.

TheDude

I'd like the southbank girls to do something on the pitch.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    the mascot race a few years back against doncastor was hilarious, only because chambers managed to hit Donny dog on the head with the ball from 60yards away. So funny
    Yep.. It was the 4-0 game in November 2009. Which also, was Nicky Shoreys first game for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    I remember going to Doncaster away for their last ever game at Belle Vue, and they had Opera singers trying to get the crowd singing opera, as well as the Forest fans. God what a sh*t day that was.
    ah

Yeah an awful away day. Was it the one when it pissed it down all day and Smith threw one in to his own net? The toilet lights were all out at the end so having traipsed across the mud to get to them we had to piss in the pitch black. I'd forgotten what a dump Belle Vue was.

Miserable bastard

We should roll out famous Nottingham band KWS for a live rendition of their greatest hit 'Please don't go'.

With Dan and Spaceman dancing.

Rice 34

I liked it when Donny Dog raced with Robin Hood, it was further enhanced by the scandalous news a few weeks back that Robin Hood had taken a super injuction out to protect the news that he had an affair with Donny Dog. Maid Marian was furious!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oto-shoot.html

Last edited by Beasty; 27-06-11 at 09:10.
    Zycomm Two Way Radio