Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: LFC fan... no stick plz

Default LFC fan... no stick plz

Alrite Lads,

LFC fan in peace here.* Hope you get out of the drop zone quickly and I was just wondering...

How much are your cheapest beers around the ground? And what are they?

This is all in an effort to compile results of the most cheapest drinks around English football.* It will go into a new book which is going to be published in late 2009.* Cheers.*

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: LFC fan... no stick plz

[img width=508 height=378]http://www.gatka.co.uk/Sikhi%20for%20website/gatka/shastar/stick.gif[/img]

Rice IV

Welcome LFC fan. (I take it LFC=Liverpool?)

As regards drinking around the ground, there are 4 main bars used by the majority of fans.

These are (in no particular order)

Amici
    The Trent Bridge Inn (colloquially known as the TBI)
    Southbank
    The Globe

There are also a few other bars used by the fans, but don't seem to have the same appeal as those four.

They include:

Hubble
    Stratford Haven
    Lady Bay Inn
    Hooters
    The Supporters club
    the Boat Club

there are also a couple of other small bars, the names of which I can't think of at the minute, that are basically restauraunts capitalising, quite justifiably, on their alcohol license and the fact that most other bars have big queues outside.

I don't have thwe knowledge to list the prices of all the bars, unfortunately, but can give a brief synopsis of a few.

Amici:

This is where most of us from here meet before the game. Mainly due to it having a large driveway type outside area for those of us who donate more to Marlboro than Carling pre match.

It's pretty much £3 for anything in here before a match.

Soft drinks are a bit cheaper, but all pints, I think, are £3.

It's not as busy as the other bars, mainly because it doesn't show football. It only has sky sports news on, so those who like to watch the early games on Murdoch vision tend to go elsewhere.

the barmaids used to wear skimpy clothes and show off their breasts a bit, which was brilliant. Now, however, they seem to have adopted a bit of a uniform, which means they all wear a black tshirt, leaving us with a silhouette of great norks instead of excellent cleavage shots. The bar has become quieter as a result, and one or two people are no longer as eager to get a round in.

Good if you want to get to a bar, bad if you want to watch some football on a Saturday.

Southbank is probably the place to go if you like to watch football bothe before and after the match. They have about 3 million TVs and show both the evening Championship and Premiership matches at the same time. You can see a TV with each game on from pretty much anywhere. It is a very very busy pub, though. You pretty much need a full pint during queueing for the bar.

Again, roughly in the £3 a pint bracket, but others will be able to clarify a bit more.

Probably the best sound system I've ever heard in a pub. The crowd noise from the TV is frequently louder than the noise from the City Ground.

Of the others, the only one I've ever really frequented is Hooters.

Overpriced, full of touristy types and a bot crap.

On the upside, the waitresses tend to be hot and have big norks, so you don't mind paying a bit more for the beer.

I'm sure others will be able to give you more detailed write ups of the TBI and the Globe, amongst the others mentioned.

Hope this helps a bit, though.

Talk to me, Goose.

Lincoln?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts
    Lincoln?
    Unless you mean the illustrious Lincoln FC, from Gibraltar's Division one...Then the correct abbreviation would be LCFC for the League two side or LUFC for their less illustrious non-league neighbours.

Definitely Liverpool. He's robbed all the vowels from 'please'.

Thanks for your comments ppl, I am a Liverpool fan for those who are questioning. I especially liked that pic from northern monkey!

Well, us Forest fans always have some welcoming comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sunneh
    Thanks for your comments ppl, I am a Liverpool fan for those who are questioning.* I especially liked that pic from northern monkey!
    People are only ever interested in my tits

I even got a PM a while back asking if they were mine...

Northern Monkey, what is your boob size and where do you sit in the Forest ground?

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE
    You never did answer me.

Rice IV

People are only ever interested in my tits

It must be the camera angle, as they were nowhere near that big in Dublin!

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I think they had to go back when they went into administration.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    I think they had to go back when they went into administration.
    He paid the price for all that inflation.

winnits

Were they 7% of that size?

People are only ever interested in my tits*

You can see the finished article here

Think I prefer the original actually!

Quote Originally Posted by The Authority
    You can see the finished article here

Think I prefer the original actually!

Who cares Anyway...?

Definitely Liverpool. He's robbed all the vowels from 'please'.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    You never did answer me.
    Hahaa

As regards drinking around the ground, there are 4 main bars used by the majority of fans.

Amici
    Southbank
    The Globe

There are also a few other bars used by the fans, but don't seem to have the same appeal as those four.

They include:

Hubble
    Stratford Haven
    Lady Bay Inn
    Hooters
    The Supporters club
    the Boat Club

there are also a couple of other small bars, the names of which I can't think of at the minute, that are basically restauraunts capitalising, quite justifiably, on their alcohol license and the fact that most other bars have big queues outside.

I don't have thwe knowledge to list the prices of all the bars, unfortunately, but can give a brief synopsis of a few.

Amici:

This is where most of us from here meet before the game. Mainly due to it having a large driveway type outside area for those of us who donate more to Marlboro than Carling pre match.

It's not as busy as the other bars, mainly because it doesn't show football. It only has sky sports news on, so those who like to watch the early games on Murdoch vision tend to go elsewhere.

the barmaids used to wear skimpy clothes and show off their breasts a bit, which was brilliant. Now, however, they seem to have adopted a bit of a uniform, which means they all wear a black tshirt, leaving us with a silhouette of great norks instead of excellent cleavage shots. The bar has become quieter as a result, and one or two people are no longer as eager to get a round in.

Good if you want to get to a bar, bad if you want to watch some football on a Saturday.

Southbank is probably the place to go if you like to watch football bothe before and after the match. They have about 3 million TVs and show both the evening Championship and Premiership matches at the same time. You can see a TV with each game on from pretty much anywhere. It is a very very busy pub, though. You pretty much need a full pint during queueing for the bar.

Again, roughly in the £3 a pint bracket, but others will be able to clarify a bit more.

Probably the best sound system I've ever heard in a pub. The crowd noise from the TV is frequently louder than the noise from the City Ground.

On the upside, the waitresses tend to be hot and have big norks, so you don't mind paying a bit more for the beer.

I'm sure others will be able to give you more detailed write ups of the TBI and the Globe, amongst the others mentioned.

Do you work for amicis rich? lol

Banned

Amici
    Southbank
    The Globe

They include:

Hubble
    Stratford Haven
    Lady Bay Inn
    Hooters
    The Supporters club
    the Boat Club

Amici:

Straight over the road from the Ticket Office is a great big white building called the Forest Sportsmans Club ( aka the CLUB ) - you can't miss it is about 2 foot from from City Ground car park. Possibly and very probably the nearest none club affiliated drinking establishment in the country.

i dont understand, none of these places will let away fans in on a matchday, so why a book about it?

Quote Originally Posted by sebs
    i dont understand, none of these places will let away fans in on a matchday, so why a book about it?
    I think he justs wants to find out where the cheapest drinks in the country are. Or maybe see how many different pub/bars there are, something along them lines.
    Dont think he said anything about away fans...

Yes cohen, you are right.

I thank everyone for their contributions, its been a great debut post for me in this forum and I thank you for the not giving me any stick just for being a Scouse fan, although the Conga Red didn't hesitate to lol. I also found out another thing - those tits weren't northern monkeys!

Cheers again.