Default I like Bennett

May have spelled it wrong... but I think we have a good left back

Former player of the year... must be worth something

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

TheDude

Default Re: I like Bennett

Hard to tell if his injury took a lot out of him without seeing him get a run in the team

Rupert

why not treat him as a new signing and give him a pop at left back?

I understood palace liked him, surprised they've not offered him anything. Though perhaps they think he's below them now they're super-rich.

According to SSN, Forest have a 'gentleman's agreement' with Julian Bennett that if he can't find a new club then we will sign him up for another year as a goodwill gesture.

Marthur hopes it will send out the signal that "we look after our players in a proper fashion"

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
    I understood palace liked him, surprised they've not offered him anything. Though perhaps they think he's below them now they're super-rich.
    lol

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Hard to tell if his injury took a lot out of him without seeing him get a run in the team
    Moloney had a similar injury, though not quite as bad. Although we don't see what goes on in training, I honestly don't get the whole Bennett thing. The brief appearance he did make he looked fine, and apparantly he was ok for Palace too... playing against the same teams we play week in/week out. I can't see why he's not good enough for us in the Championship, it's not like there's an abundance of brilliant full backs in the league.

Ive always rated him....never afraid to put a tackle in when others would pull out! Give him a run at left back!

Rupert

good to know i'm not the only one who thinks that!

He used to be my favorite player

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Moloney had a similar injury, though not quite as bad. Although we don't see what goes on in training, I honestly don't get the whole Bennett thing. The brief appearance he did make he looked fine, and apparantly he was ok for Palace too... playing against the same teams we play week in/week out. I can't see why he's not good enough for us in the Championship, it's not like there's an abundance of brilliant full backs in the league.
    Its not like theres a single left back at forest other than him either.

No idea why he doesnt get a run out. Though he must be pretty pissed off that marthur said we havent had a left back since stuart pearce.

That guy mustve been at the old turbo shandy

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

winnits

He's a converted centreback, much like Lynch - who, last time I checked, was still at the club too

Rupert

hes like lynch but with, in my opinion, more skill, is more comfortable on the ball, is an aerial threat and made the crowd orgasm with his tackles

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    According to SSN, Forest have a 'gentleman's agreement' with Julian Bennett that if he can't find a new club then we will sign him up for another year as a goodwill gesture.

Marthur hopes it will send out the signal that "we look after our players in a proper fashion"
    Seems like a ridiculous waste of money. I havent got a club, give me a contract.

Bennett is a Forest fan, is embedded in the community football in Nottingham and at the club, is popular with the fans as a result of never having had the chance to fail at this level, and probably commands a good deal of respect among the playing staff. That's a good reason to give him a year, he's cheap and capable cover at worst... plus the character I've just described perhaps wouldn't've been given a fair crack of the whip by Billy necessarily.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

It's the community football thing that Nigel Doughty & Mark Arthur are especially happy with, and I'd imagine it's for that reason above others that he'll be offered a year's contract if he can't secure himself a better offer elsewhere...

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum