Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Glasgow...Kelvin.

Default Welcome to Glasgow...Kelvin.

Hi guys, first time poster.

Got your website from a Celtic forum where I post regularly.

I had a read through the Kelvin Davies thread, and quite frankly I laughed at most of it. I don't know if it is because we have heard something different up here. But this is the way we know it.
    Billy Davies is a good manager and has done good at Forest. But he is a ran*ers supporter, self-confessed. Kelvin Wilson has been offered an opportunity. An opportunity to better his career in a much, much bigger club than Forest. He accepted the offer of this marvellous opportunity, and rightly so. Now, if it had been Ran*ers he had agreed to go to, it is my belief that he would not have been frozen out of the Forest side for 85% of the season. That's called childish and arrogant, Billy.
    OK, so yes he has left your club. Don't get me wrong here, we're not the biggest club in the world, and put is in your league, we would struggle...at first. I can see your annoyance at him leaving, but why should he not leave? He's got a chance of winning medals up here, something which is now absent down in Nottingham. There is European football to look forward to...well that's self-explanitory isn't it? OK, living in Glasgow will be tough for him, because up here it's really scary!?!?!
    It's unfortunate that when we've been through so much this season on and off the field, we still get tagged "old firm". I seen someone asked why he would want to join us, after how bad it's been this season. Our manager has been sent death threats through the post. His family has had to be moved to safe houses late in the night. He was attacked against Hearts away. We were lied to by the SFA and alot more. But we have pulled through it, with Lennon smiling with a trophy at the end of it.
    So let me ask you this. Why would he not come here? Why would he not want to be able to lift a trophy above his head, when, quite frankly, it won't happen down there for a long time. You don't have European football to look forward to...Kelvin does.
    So that's my rant over. Best of luck next season.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Welcome to Glasgow...Kelvin.

The standard of football in scotland is dire...

Last one standing

Who's Kelvin Davies?

Im sure he will enjoy his first round foray into europe

That post made no sense at all, I watched our Kelv's interview with the press and I didn't get any indication of your points at all.

I wish him all the best, as I am sure every Forest supporter will.

Anyone who moves from the championship to the SPL is only chasing the Dollar, it's a sideways, maybe even downward step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post
    And that's it?

You are right, but the Celtic - ran*ers games would put aby game to shame down there except West Ham - Millwall maybe. The Prem is over-rated! The Championships not bad, League one is the best league there.

Rice 13

Of course he will win trophies in a 2 team league, if I was a fan of one of the old firm teams I would be annoyed if we didn't win at least 2 trophies season.

winnits

I agree Davies was childish to freeze him out, or Wilson was unprofessional to throw his toys out the pram - can only speculate whose actions made it necessary.

As for the big club cock waving, I'm not really interested. If Kelv wants the easy ride of playing against pub sides and getting perhaps the easiest earned medals going, then fair play to him.

He did well enough at Championship level so should dazzle brightly in the SPL.

What is the point in raking over coals long since dead, Celtic and Rangers have both proven at European level they can mix it with premership teams, lack of competition in their own league does not grant you licence to say they are shit teams.

Mate of mine who lives in Spain says La Liga is like the SPL, 2 top sides and a pile of shite.

Why dont we look at all of Europe and their teams, we soon see that the Premiership and Championship sides would do well in any of those leagues.

I wouldn't want to face Rangers or Celtic and a 2 leg match, your 'dire sides' would give us a hell of a game.

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Marvelous opportunity? he's gone to Celtic not Wigan athletic.

You're not even the biggest club in Scotland, never mind the world.

European football to look forward to? We went to Wales three times this season, thats as many games as you'll play in Europe!! (and Cheatdiff are still here so more European football next season)
    He wouldn't want to go there for the reasons you mentioned, death threats, bullets and attacks, he'd have been a lot safer here in the gun capital of the UK.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck to you and kelv next season. (but not that **** common$)

lol

COME ON YOU REDS

FOREST!

Here he would have the chance to get promoted into the best league in the world with his hometown club, rather than go to that Tinpot league up there which is very much the standard of league 1 anyway and playing in front of crowds of 6000 some weeks.

A championship promotion medal to the premier league is much bigger than winning any trophy in Scotland.

He has gone to Scotland for one reason only MONEY.

Lads he's right

Let us all relinquish our following of things red and embrace the sweaty sock green and white hoops

got to love the jingoistic mentality.

Scotland = shit.

If he'd have gone to Holland would we say the same, some people seriously need to take their heads out of their arses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    What is the point in raking over coals long since dead, Celtic and Rangers have both proven at European level they can mix it with premership teams, lack of competition in their own league does not grant you licence to say they are shit teams.

Mate of mine who lives in Spain says La Liga is like the SPL, 2 top sides and a pile of shite.

Why dont we look at all of Europe and their teams, we soon see that the Premiership and Championship sides would do well in any of those leagues.

I wouldn't want to face Rangers or Celtic and a 2 leg match, your 'dire sides' would give us a hell of a game.
    Fair doos, Celtic and Rangers are around mid-table/europa league places in the Prem but its competitiveness of the league. Its just dominated by the old firm while the other teams are League 1/2 standard

FOREST!

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Who's Kelvin Davies?
    why is he bringing the Southampton goalkeeper into it?

Fair doos, Celtic and Rangers are around mid-table/europa league places in the Prem but its competitiveness of the league. Its just dominated by the old firm while the other teams are League 1/2 standard
    As most leagues in Europe are, 2 or 3 top teams and a pile of shite.

TheDude

I knew this was coming....

cock waving.... lol

I think most Forest fans were disappointed he chose to leave, but no one held it against him. We think he's gone up there for the (probably much more) extra money on the table. The fact you will play in Europe I'm sure will also be an attraction, don't get me wrong. I haven't read much from Forest fans doing Celtic down, I'm not sure why you've come on here in a very abrasive and defensive way - Kelvin left and we've moved on.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Shamrock View Post
    Hi guys, first time poster.

Got your website from a Celtic forum where I post regularly.

I had a read through the Kelvin Davies thread, and quite frankly I laughed at most of it. I don't know if it is because we have heard something different up here. But this is the way we know it.
    Billy Davies is a good manager and has done good at Forest. But he is a ran*ers supporter, self-confessed. Kelvin Wilson has been offered an opportunity. An opportunity to better his career in a much, much bigger club than Forest. He accepted the offer of this marvellous opportunity, and rightly so. Now, if it had been Ran*ers he had agreed to go to, it is my belief that he would not have been frozen out of the Forest side for 85% of the season. That's called childish and arrogant, Billy.
    OK, so yes he has left your club. Don't get me wrong here, we're not the biggest club in the world, and put is in your league, we would struggle...at first. I can see your annoyance at him leaving, but why should he not leave? He's got a chance of winning medals up here, something which is now absent down in Nottingham. There is European football to look forward to...well that's self-explanitory isn't it? OK, living in Glasgow will be tough for him, because up here it's really scary!?!?!
    It's unfortunate that when we've been through so much this season on and off the field, we still get tagged "old firm". I seen someone asked why he would want to join us, after how bad it's been this season. Our manager has been sent death threats through the post. His family has had to be moved to safe houses late in the night. He was attacked against Hearts away. We were lied to by the SFA and alot more. But we have pulled through it, with Lennon smiling with a trophy at the end of it.
    So let me ask you this. Why would he not come here? Why would he not want to be able to lift a trophy above his head, when, quite frankly, it won't happen down there for a long time. You don't have European football to look forward to...Kelvin does.
    So that's my rant over. Best of luck next season.
    lol Nice conspiracy theory. Do you believe that the moon landings were a lie too?

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    lol Nice conspiracy theory. Do you believe that the moon landings were a lie too?
    They were weren't they, so was the Mars landing.

(Oh no, that was a film I saw once)

Good luck to lad

Celtic are indeed a big club, but couple that with the poorest football competition
    in the world, bar the Luxemberg super league, I think it's clear his career has taken a path built on £ rather than real success.

Honestly, Forest fans care nothing for Scottish football. Hope he's braced himself for the reality of sectarianism. Scottish football ey, don't you just love it

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Shamrock View Post
    And that's it?

You are right, but the Celtic - ran*ers games would put aby game to shame down there except West Ham - Millwall maybe. The Prem is over-rated! The Championships not bad, League one is the best league there.
    Aaah thats how you judge football!

What's your criteria- bigotry? lack of intelligence? silky skills and fair play perhaps?

I see Commons has found his spiritual homeland.

I honestly don't see what the gratification is from winning a league/cup where only two teams compete. Congratulations, you have to play teams like Hamilton and St Mirren 4 times a season.

Celtic and Rangers are big clubs, without doubt. But that's it. The SPL has simply nothing else left to offer. English football is going down the pan, but it's a universe better than what's on offer up north.

Best of luck to Wilson, Sheff United away aside, always seemed to give his best.

nakkernino del clusto

im as concerned as i was when agogo went to that massive club in egypt.