Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New captain?

Default New captain?

McKenna was poor tonight, unable to put the ball forward, soon as it lands near him it's stop. Put foot on ball. Kick ball sideways/backwards. Secretly chastise self for being ineffective and stopping flow and attack.
    Would go Chambers mesen, effective, got some passion , good motivator, full head of hair

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New captain?

At least I noticed him. Didn't notice Cohen till the second half.

TheDude

I'd make Moloney captain

He had a good'un tonight, I thought

We must have been at completely different games - McKenna played excellently, no complaints about his captaincy here.

Craziness.

If McKenna doesn't start on Monday, we can't win the game.

Senior Member?

McKenna was shit tonight as he usually is in a Forest shirt. Can't pass nor can he tackle apart from the odd one here & there.

Make Chambers captain next season please Billy.

He tidied up a lot tonight but he could have done with the Mooses support

The moaners are in full swing. Mckenna is a rock and holds the midfield together. hes not there to do killer passes or shoot from 30 yards. Hes a great captain/leader/role model. End of.

Senior Member?

He doesn't do anything but give the ball away!

He didn't have a bad game. Needs to communicate a bit more.

Sent from Hucknall via Pigeon...

The trouble is, as the OP says, he kills every move we start. I lost count of the amount of times the ball would go back to Chambers or Morgan rather than Ando or McGugan in a more advanced position. Sure he tidies up and organises, but in a game we are chasing and need to attack he just doesn't have the creativity to break down defences. The difference between McK and Moose, and what makes Moose stand out, is when he's on his game he tries nothing more than winning the ball, give it to someone more creative than him, where as McK tries to run the game, which he just isn't good enough to do. Too many times McGugan and Ando would make forward runs ahead of him only for the ball to go backwards and we'd end up with a huge gap between the midfield and the forward line, with McG and Ando on the shoulders of the last defenders.

Not to say Kenna isn't a worthwhile player. In games like QPR where we have been holding on he is vital, and we may well need him if we snatch an early goal at the Liberty, it's just the role he plays in the side that needs changing.

Miserable bastard

I don't think he was poor, but the game certainly didn't suit him. If we'd been under constant pressure from Swansea, then his natural ability to break up play would have been crucial. However, sitting in front of the back four, when Swansea took off their primary attacking midfielder did make him look a little redundant at times.

Banned

mckenna was to negative with his passing instead of going forward he went back to many times
    id go for chambers seems to show real passion

Aren't we talking about captaincy? Making a bad pass or shot doesn't make player a bad CAPTAIN. It's all about leadership imho.

Quote Originally Posted by vojaksvejk View Post
    Aren't we talking about captaincy? Making a bad pass or shot doesn't make player a bad CAPTAIN. It's all about leadership imho.
    But it kind of does make him a bad captain. It's not just about leadership from a battling point of view, but by leading by example in the style of your play. If the captain is being negative it will rob off on the team, so it's not so much the misplaced passing but the decision making and mentality which does affect his ability to captain.

TheDude

Moussi is better

I think Kenna did a job, nothing special all season though. His passing has gone I'm afraid. Be amazed if he starts the away leg - but got a feeling he will.

Problem is that Kenna does a good job of organizing and screaming at people, something that the others don't do. Kenna has never got forward and outfoxed people - he marshals the area in front of the center backs very well, and if he's not passing sideways he's giving the ball away. He's Billy on the pitch, as a few people have said.

Away from home I'd like to see Earnshaw dropped with Majewski in to combine with McGugan and Boydie.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall. View Post
    He doesn't do anything but give the ball away!
    Possibly the biggest joke I have ever seen on this forum. Worst player on the pitch last night.

Why's McKenna getting such bad press ? Because Chambers never passed the ball forward down the wing and just passed it back inside McKenna. Must have seen that 100 times last night.

Quite odd considering that Chambers has been very good at passing it forward along the wing in recent matches.

Didn't happen last night at all.

When did keeping possession become 'negative'?

deleted

I think it would be a little more positive to move the ball towards the opponents goal.

#sammyclingan

TheDude

English mentality 'Get it forward!'

Hooff!!!!

deleted

Or, in fact, play it to the player directly in front of you who spent most of the match waving to you indicating that he would like to receive the ball (well, I guess he may have been waving at Flagman ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba View Post
    Or, in fact, play it to the player directly in front of you who spent most of the match waving to you indicating that he would like to receive the ball (well, I guess he may have been waving at Flagman ...)