Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying experience(s) at a forest game?

Default Most annoying experience(s) at a forest game?

It was Derby at home, yes the 5-2 game, you may be asking how can anything to do with that game be annoying? Well firstly, sitting next to someone with bladder problems who looked like winnits (from his old display picture) he constantly stood up literally 3 times a half!

Later on I get tapped on the back as someone asked to borrow my programme, for a "quick read" so ten minutes laster I turn around to ask for it back, and he was gone along with my programme!

Share yours

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Most annoying experience(s) at a forest game?

this season against cardiff at home when morgan got the first my phone must of comeout of my pocket and fell down within the lads infront of me, asked then at half time if theyd seen it as they kept turning round looking at me strangely, I had a feeling they had it on them and saw one of them show it to his mate as they left at half time and have a luagh. very pissed off and pissed myself I asked once again when they returned once again all of them said nope, bellamy scores cheated peno I go off on one and storm down to front of A block only to be stopped by stewards and police, return just as earnshaw scores winner and guess what turns up from lads infront my phone.

Swansea on Thursday... I left my jacket there, anyone know if I can get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    this season against cardiff at home when morgan got the first my phone must of comeout of my pocket and fell down within the lads infront of me, asked then at half time if theyd seen it as they kept turning round looking at me strangely, I had a feeling they had it on them and saw one of them show it to his mate as they left at half time and have a luagh. very pissed off and pissed myself I asked once again when they returned once again all of them said nope, bellamy scores cheated peno I go off on one and storm down to front of A block only to be stopped by stewards and police, return just as earnshaw scores winner and guess what turns up from lads infront my phone.
    Really don't understand why people would steal from fellow fans!

Rice IV

Was sat next to very annoying cockney bloke on Thursday who had no appreciation of the game of football.

Talk to me, Goose.

was that in A block rich? was a lad in there on thursday that kept having ago at the players with mis-placed passes ect he was also a cockney

Quote Originally Posted by hodsonforest View Post
    Really don't understand why people would steal from fellow fans!
    Me neither, but I suppose with some people they just cant help themselfs. pluss as I dropped it and one of them found it maybe they didnt see it as stealing

For the past 4/5 years there has been some bloke, that i'm convinced is the real life cletus Spuckler from the Simpsons, and his fugly ginger kid sat two rows behind me. The kid for the first season or so just used to shout, in his high pitched girly voice, that every player was crap no matter how they played every game, we even call him the "your crap kid", until one game when BR, that some of you might remember from another forum, sat in front of him and laid into the kid for not supporting the team and ask why he bothered coming if they're all so crap? The father said nothing, gutless tw@t that he is, bearing in mind the kid could have been no older than about 12. Thankfully it shut them up slightly but in all this time I've never heard either of them say anything positive about any player. When I was queueing for some tickets once Cletus came out of the ticket office mouthing off about something to everyone in the queue, everyone just ignored him Also the first season back in the championship there was some fat guy sat behind me that spent every game moaning about how crap Chris Cohen was, apart from the last game when they gave him the player of the season trophy, I think it finally sunk in that he was a clueless knob and better keep his mouth shut to stop himself looking more foolish.

*Fans who go down Colwick road towards the Bridgford End then realising they have a ticket for the Trent End
    *Fans who only turn up on reduced ticket prices then moan all game (season ticket holder never get rewarded)
    *Fan who berate a certain player even know it's still not the player their referring to eg Have a go at Gunter when Cohen has is on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    *Fans who go down Colwick road towards the Bridgford End then realising they have a ticket for the Trent End
    *Fans who only turn up on reduced ticket prices then moan all game (season ticket holder never get rewarded)
    *Fan who berate a certain player even know it's still not the player their referring to eg Have a go at Gunter when Cohen has is on the ball

THIS although maybe not with Earnshaw and Tudgay lol they are easily mistaken for one an other!

Formerly in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Now I live in London.

Cussing in the stands. I know it happens in football, but it was a bit awkward when I brought my dad to a game and there were shouts of "fekking ****". I'm fine with bastard, shit, and the occassional wanker, but I draw a firm line at fuck and **** (the irony I feel actually typing out those words isn't lost on me...).

Quote Originally Posted by hodsonforest View Post
    THIS although maybe not with Earnshaw and Tudgay lol they are easily mistaken for one an other!
    yeah I did this against fester thinking it was earnshaw that had scored lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    There was a guy behind me screaming at Tyson during the Leicester game

The lad sat behind me for half the season every match comments- <insert any players name> your shit -ad expletives. Think he might have finally got fed up with coming or got thrown out for being a clueless knob!

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by jsty3105
    Cussing in the stands. I know it happens in football, but it was a bit awkward when I brought my dad to a game and there were shouts of "fekking ****". I'm fine with bastard, shit, and the occassional wanker, but I draw a firm line at fuck and **** (the irony I feel actually typing out those words isn't lost on me...).
    Never sit next to winnits then, he's quite the swearer. lol

Formerly in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Now I live in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Never sit next to winnits then, he's quite the swearer. lol
    Lol. I'd say not then, haven't had the chance to go to many Forest games in my life. Now that I'm in England I've been making up for lost time. So far since May last year, I managed to get to these away games: Ipswich, West Ham, QPR, and Crystal Palace to add to the single home game I've managed to attend in me life (Back in our 97 promotion season).

Have a few myself;

- just the other week, 5 minutes before the S****horpe game started my specs decided to fall apart. Had to spend the game sat almost completely still so I could balance them on my face so I could at least see a little if the game. Should've gone to Specsavers ..... thing is I work there and had only bought the things a month before!!

- another spectacle disaster. At the QPR drubbing the other season the youth sat next to me started swinging his scarf, which caught the arm of my specs and catapulted them 10 rows in front of us. Luckily a little lad caught them and somehow my brother managed to find them

- earlier this season getting seriously pissed off at a group of students who couldn't find their seats so decided to stand directly in front of us for a good 3/4 minutes blocking our view of the game. One of the pricks even asked a season ticket holder to move do he could sit next to his mates.

As for the general annoying things, the main one is having a running commentary from the guy who sometimes sits behind us. That on it's own is irritating but he has no knowledge of the game, our players or the opposition.

On Thursday I was sat in Trent End lower about halfway up and the bloke in front had two kids who I'd guess were about 10 and 12 and all match they were running up and down stairs and climbing on the red railings and the Dad didn't do a fecking thing, he was too busy listening to the game on the radio. Fecking annoying.

Football fans in general can be quite annoying but I've yet to experience anything at a football match to really piss me off(except the odd Forest performance).

Oh I have another one, Leicester last year when the coach of an under 12 or something team had taken them all to the game. They noticed somebody they knew about 40m away, so all the kids proceded to scream his name for about 1 minute untill everyone told them to shut up haha.

Senior Member?

On Thursday I began queuing up at about 7.37 or somewhere around that time to get to my seat in the Upper Trent. The queue was big but I've seen bigger, it took me over 15 minutes to get into the ground when really it should've taken me about 3 or 4. So eventually when I got to the front of the queue, I gave the ticket bloke my ticket & he then tore off the end off it and then put my ticket back on his desk in front of him (not near the hole so I had to reach & get it myself), & by this time I'd already missed the kick-off, so then 5 seconds later just standing there he didn't unlock the turnstiles yet so I said "Can I go then!?" & then he said yes in an angry voice so when I finally got through I told him to hurry the fuck up next time as loads of us have missed the kick-off or something like that & then he did a similar thing to my Dad behind me so we both missed the first 5 minutes & missed the sending off which was annoying all down to a daft old man who takes the piss to let people through the turnstiles! We need those electronic turnstiles like what Derby, Leicester, Sheffield United, Coventry, Leeds & just about everyone else has!!

TheDude

At leeds. I couldn't even bloody sit down in my seat, there gap between the seat infront was too little.

People who don't bother to get in their seats or in fact the stadium before the match starts, I don't mind the odd straggler but sometimes for the first 10 minutes I seem to miss half of the match because there's people stood in front pointing left, right and center trying to use their psychic powers to deduce which seat is theirs.

deleted

The guy sitting next to me on Tuesday had annoyingly large hair

TheDude

At Hull, I had this really smelly fat women next to me. I found it hard to breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall. View Post
    We need those electronic turnstiles like what Derby, Leicester, Sheffield United, Coventry, Leeds & just about everyone else has!!
    Even Bristol has them I think which is ironic and I was a bit slow getting to grips with the electronic turnstile as there was someone sat in the booth still who wouldn't take my ticket and it took a while to realise I was supposed to put the ticket in the reader!

Anyway mine is a steward one as well as had tickets for upper bridgford for the cheap game against PNE but had never sat up there before so didn't really know how to get there. Showed my ticket to a steward who pointed me to the turnstiles for the lower bridgford and I thought he could be wrong but must've been my mistake as we were let through. Nope try as we did to look for a stairwell you can't get to the upper from that bit and despite showing the tickets to numerous staff they kept directing me in my brother to the same seats in the lower stand! I even said it says upper here and the reply was that they didn't care about the upper part that it was row A and seat whatever! They only got the message when we were predictably and politely ousted from our seats by the family supposed to be there. And even then it took so much convincing only a senior guy finally understood our predicament and we were sheepishly lead through a staff only door directly to the correct turnstile looking like a right couple of plums as he announced we'd gone through the wrong turnstile!

Since then though all staff pretty helpful but man they were dense that night they couldn't even read Bridgford upper on our tickets!

We made kick off though just and proceeded to boo all night long with the rest of the part timers! ;-)