Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Seasons' Championship

Default Next Seasons' Championship

Who's heading down the pan, and who's going to be pushing for the play offs next year?

What do you expect from the new teams in the league? Brighton, Southampton, West Ham, Wigan? Maybe Peterborough or the stinking franchise of a disgrace that is the "MK" Dons? Blackpool might be back? Or maybe the likes of Birmingham?

How are we going to fare, assuming we don't go up?

I expect Leicester to push on and splash the cash in summer, they could become a real threat.

Yes, this thread is partly me trying to see past the play offs. If I'm resigned to this league, anything else is a bonus.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Next Seasons' Championship

Peterborough will bottle it against MK Dons. Their goalkeeper and back four have been too prone to costly errors this season and they've got three players in Tomlin, McCann and Lee who will fly into reckless tackles without thinking, both of which will cost them in a pressure situation. MK Dons will struggle in the final, particularly with Leven missing. I'd expect Huddersfield to come up via the play-offs - but they may suffer from '3rd place syndrome'.

Too early to say how we'd fare. Depends on who comes down from the Premier League and how finacially crippled they are. There's still about 10 teams who could come down isn't there?

Moderator Extraordinaire!

If West Ham come down, I could see them sticking around for a few years like they did the last time they got relegated.

I expect Leeds, Leicester and Burnley to lead the charge next year.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I expect Leeds, Leicester and Burnley to lead the charge next year.
    Leicester and Burnley, yes. Leeds I expect to be destabilised when Grayson's lack of experience/talent/class catches up with him and they go through about 3 managers over the course of the season thanks to hatchetman Bates.

Wet Sham will be releagted. Can't see them making straight back up either. They just don't have the cash anymore.

Middlesbrough finished the season well so could push on next season.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Middlesbrough finished the season well so could push on next season.
    Nah. Strachan will sign another batch of second rate Scottish players and they'll be back to square one.

No wonder my post count..

This time next season, should we get promoted, I see the table looking like this:

C: Leicester (Yakubu wants to stay and they manage to sign him up and a few others, I see this happening)
    P: Blackpool (They will lose Charlie Adam, but Holloway will march them right back up)
    3: Swansea (P) (If not the playoffs now, they're definitely going up next time)
    4: Ipswich (The season gone is very identical to ours. Do shit, get decent manager, stay up in fashion - next season I see them doing v well)
    5: Southampton (Much in the same way Leeds and Norwich have done, Soton have a great chance here)
    6: Wigan (I see a few players going should they go down, therefore they won't go straight back up)

and the bottom 3 looking like:

R: Posh or Huddersfield (It's a pity, but I think they'll fall victim to the championship difficulty)
    R: Bristol City (I honestly see them fucking it up this season. I see Maynard going elsewhere)
    R: Coventry (It's about time these guys go down, they've been hovering in mid table obscurity for the past 5 years, I think it'll hit them this time)

As for this seasons nearly's - Palace will stay in the top half, Donny will nearly go down and Direby will just be this seasons Coventry.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I belong to nobody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Nah. Strachan will sign another batch of second rate Scottish players and they'll be back to square one.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by The Maniacal Megatron View Post
    Was that too subtle?

In another thread someone said I don't keep up with the latest happenings...

Like Boyd, can't hit a barn door that lad

Peterborough will bottle it against MK Dons.
    Last time Peterborough played MK Dons; Peterborough played very well and how they didn't get many goals in the first half I don't know. They seemed very good at getting the ball past the MK Dons players but the only goal which came in that match was the 1-0 goal which MK scored.

There is some "rivalry" between the two clubs but I think its more of a MK thing - don't understand it myself. Peterborough will bring a good crowd to Stadium MK so it could be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    Wet Sham will be releagted. Can't see them making straight back up either. They just don't have the cash anymore.
    And they are committed to renting the Olympic Stadium in a couple of years... if Gold and Sullivan ever get fed up of bankrolling them, they're in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Last time Peterborough played MK Dons; Peterborough played very well and how they didn't get many goals in the first half I don't know. They seemed very good at getting the ball past the MK Dons players but the only goal which came in that match was the 1-0 goal which MK scored.

There is some "rivalry" between the two clubs but I think its more of a MK thing - don't understand it myself. Peterborough will bring a good crowd to Stadium MK so it could be a close game.
    When are the League 1 play offs anyway? I'd be tempted to tune in and cheer on anyone playing the MK Dons.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    When are the League 1 play offs anyway? I'd be tempted to tune in and cheer on anyone playing the MK Dons.
    Mk Dons vs Posh 1st leg is this Sunday (15th), 2nd leg is Thursday 19th. Other Semi is 14th/18th.

Final will be on the 29th at Old Trafford.

I expect Derby to be virtually promoted by christmas lol

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrams View Post
    I expect Derby to be virtually promoted by christmas lol
    Stranger things have happened...although I must admit to being interested as to what Derby are going to do over the summer, it's obvious the squad needs a major overhaul.

Stranger things have happened...although I must admit to being interested as to what Derby are going to do over the summer, it's obvious the squad needs a major overhaul.
    not that strange me owd duck!!

I think, i think...(bloody robbie savage ! lol) that the following will happen

we will spend about a third of what people think we might spend and be a cause of disappointment to us poor deluded sheep botherers again! lol.

UNLESS the Americans finally put their hand in their fat wallets and ignite the club with some PROPER signings!!!!!

to this end we want quality rather than quantity signings....i still think we have some decent players at the club, who would probably do ok somewhere else. Just drop three or four good players into the mix and see what happens!

Last edited by Ashrams; 11-05-11 at 10:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrams View Post
    not that strange me owd duck!!

I think, i think...(bloody robbie savage ! lol) that the following will happen

we will spend about a third of what people think we might spend and be a cause of disappointment to us poor deluded sheep botherers again! lol.

UNLESS the Americans finally put their hand in their fat wallets and ignite the club with some PROPER signings!!!!!

to this end we want quality rather than quantity signings....i still think we have some decent players at the club, who would probably do ok somewhere else. Just drop three or four good players into the mix and see what happens!
    Expect Darren Ambrose to be among the signings at Derby

Ambrose would be a quality signing for the Sheep botherers.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Yeah, Ambrose is one of those influential players who'd be a decent replacement for Savage.

The MK Dons v Peterborough match is on Sunday 15th with a 1215 k/o.
    The Peterborough v MK Dons match is on Thursday 19th with a 1945 k/o

Peterborough are close to selling their 4,100 away allocation.

في رأس واحد

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Yet another player from a team down the bottom end of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Yet another player from a team down the bottom end of the table.
    not very inspiring agreed.

I expect Leicester to push on and splash the cash in summer, they could become a real threat.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...928962,00.html

Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson claims he has an open chequebook to build a side capable of winning promotion to the Premier League.
    The Swede believes he has the full backing of the club's Thai owners but insists he will not be spending irresponsibly.
    Chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and vice-chairman Top Raksriaksorn want promotion next season and Eriksson, who has one season left on his contract, knows he must deliver.
    "There is no limit at all - they want Premier League football and that is it," Eriksson told the Leicester Mercury.
    "They are very clear. The target they have and the plans they have are the same. I hope they back me every time, as long as I don't go over the top. It is common sense.
    "If we were a Premier League club we would have much more money and you can't get very good Premier League players to come to the Championship, so we have to look everywhere for targets."