Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official England vs Belarus Thread

Miserable bastard

Default Official England vs Belarus Thread

England will be without John Terry and Ashley Cole for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Belarus.

The England captain has failed to recover from a back injury, while his Chelsea team-mate Cole has been ruled out with a severely dented ego at the hands of his own fans.

Terry also missed England's 5-1 win over a bunch of Donkey Farmers at Wembley on Saturday.

"It's disappointing to lose two very experienced players in John Terry and Ashley Cole for the game in Belarus," said England manager Fabio Capello.

"Unfortunately they never put much effort in for England, so it is best they return to Chelsea."

Rio Ferdinand stood in as captain in a match that saw Cole targeted by home fans after yet another huge mistake, this time one on the pitch that led to the visitors' goal.

Cole bruised his ego in that victory and a scan on Sunday revealed he will not be fit enough for the match against Belarus.

Terry resumed mincing and some light flirtingon Sunday but couldn't be bothered to train on Monday and will not join the rest of the squad as they swim out to Minsk on Tuesday morning.

Capello must decide whether Matthew Upson, after a less-than-convincing outing on Saturday, will remain alongside Ferdinand at centre-back, while Cole is likely to be replaced by Wayne Bridge, who is coming out of retirement especially for this game, at left-back.

Everton's Joleon Lescott is another option for Capello in either position, with Gareth Barry, who started as the holding midfielder against Kazakhstan, another possibility at left-back.

On this very board, Capello may well be compared to Colin Calderwood, due to his love of playing a centre-back at right-back and not realising FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO works, instead insisiting on the 4-3-3 despite this meaning playing a fat, petulant lump out on the wing.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I belong to nobody!!!

Default Re: Official England vs Belarus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Congo Red

Terry resumed mincing and some light flirtingon Sunday but couldn't be bothered to train on Monday and will not join the rest of the squad as they swim out to Minsk on Tuesday morning.
    That bit made me laugh

England will be without John Terry and Ashley Cole for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Belarus.

The England captain has failed to recover from a back injury, while his Chelsea team-mate Cole has been ruled out with a severely dented ego at the hands of his own fans.

Terry also missed England's 5-1 win over a bunch of Donkey Farmers at Wembley on Saturday.

"It's disappointing to lose two very experienced players in John Terry and Ashley Cole for the game in Belarus," said England manager Fabio Capello.

"Unfortunately they never put much effort in for England, so it is best they return to Chelsea."

Rio Ferdinand stood in as captain in a match that saw Cole targeted by home fans after yet another huge mistake, this time one on the pitch that led to the visitors' goal.

Cole bruised his ego in that victory and a scan on Sunday revealed he will not be fit enough for the match against Belarus.

Capello must decide whether Matthew Upson, after a less-than-convincing outing on Saturday, will remain alongside Ferdinand at centre-back, while Cole is likely to be replaced by Wayne Bridge, who is coming out of retirement especially for this game, at left-back.

Everton's Joleon Lescott is another option for Capello in either position, with Gareth Barry, who started as the holding midfielder against Kazakhstan, another possibility at left-back.

On this very board, Capello may well be compared to Colin Calderwood, due to his love of playing a centre-back at right-back and not realising FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO works, instead insisiting on the 4-3-3 despite this meaning playing a fat, petulant lump out on the wing.
    Doing so well until there.... should read 'playing our best forward out on the wing.'

Resident foodie!

That was quite good Congo.

Rooney has been our best player in the last two games and needs to be up front, which he will be on Wednesday.

4-4-2.

James
    Brown Ferdinand Upson Barry
    SWP Gerrard Lampard Walcott
    Rooney Heskey

That's what I think the team might well be.

I think Walcott would do quite well on the left to be honest and he's better there than Downing!

Robert Green is out with a knee injury

wayne bridge retired!?!

i wouldn't play gareth barry at left back, he doesnt play there for villa anymore, his passing is too vital to be placed on a flank.

i reckon he'll play barry and lampard and drop gerrard.

James
    Brown Ferdinand Upson Glen Johnson?
    SWP Gerrard Lampard Walcott
    Heskey Rooney

We'll win about 2-0, 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by sebs
    wayne bridge retired!?!
    Wayne Bridge effectively retired from professional football the moment he signed a new contract with Chelsea.

Less ambition than a Forest promotion campaign.

I'm very tempted to go on an all-dayer at the pub for this. I'm not at Uni on Wednesday so it could well happen!

Might make England's inevitable mundane performance a bit more bearable too...

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    I'm very tempted to go on an all-dayer at the pub for this.* I'm not at Uni on Wednesday so it could well happen!

Might make England's inevitable mundane performance a bit more bearable too...
    Inevitable? They've scored 9 goals in two games....

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts
    Inevitable? They've scored 9 goals in two games....
    Well yeah, but Saturday's performance wasn't exactly great. And I only saw our first goal on Saturday anyway, so in my mind the others didn't happen. :P

AKA Randy Bumgardener

James

Richards Ferdinand Upson Cole

Walcott Gerrard Barry Downing

Rooney

Heskey

a close 2-1 to England that will leave us closer than close to qualification, more comfortably than most will remember of it happens.

After an experimental match against the K's (can't spell the name) Capello will drop caution and return to the formation that has suited us best of recent times. Heskey doing what he does best and battering the defence.

Emile isnt the most gifted or talented member of the squad, but does give us something that many nations dont have, a battering ram up front. Look at his partnership with owen. Whilst 3 players are attemping to get the ball from Heskey, he nips it through to the pacy Owen to drop in an easy goal. If he and Rooney can gain a similar understanding we will be laughing.
    Most international defenders have never come across this kind of player, and England should try to abuse this.

Rooney has hit form when we need it. Many calls for him to be 'more selfish' have been noted , and the lad has delivered. 3 goals in 2 games is a good record for anyone, no matter what the opposition on the international stage. I fancy him to grab one.

Becks, now England's son may not be everyones number one choice for the right wing, but for a last half hour player, he gives a totally different option. Ok he may not have the graces he once did, but his ability to ping the ball into someones feet is without question. I feel that as a starter he gets too wound up if we arent playing right and tends to get pulled back more.

It will be a good game and I for one am looking forward to it. Cappello has finally got us grinding out wins when we need to with the odd glorious moment.
    I dont look for a 6-0 win every time, whereas many may. if we win each qualifying game 1-0 we get slated. However if we win each world cup game 1-0 we still win it, and he will be our legend.

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Resident foodie!

OK Freiro, a couple of things...

Richards isn't in the squad. He's with the Under 21s. Ashley Cole is injured and so wont be playing hence why none of the rest of the teams have him at left back and finally, Lampard played better than Gerrard on Saturday and did well alongside Barry in Croatia and so in my opinion, is more likely to play tomorrow.

:P

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    OK Freiro, a couple of things...

Richards isn't in the squad. He's with the Under 21s. Ashley Cole is injured and so wont be playing hence why none of the rest of the teams have him at left back and finally, Lampard played better than Gerrard on Saturday and did well alongside Barry in Croatia and so in my opinion, is more likely to play tomorrow.

:P
    1 and 2 I didnt realise, because I have been on nights for 2 weeks (kinda messes with you). Lampard vs Gerrard is always a good debate though. To me, the better combination has allways been gerro and Barry. Both similar players but with the added linkup. One go's forward, the other drops back, simple as. providing both cover and attacking prowness. Lampard is a lesser Gerrard attacking midfielder, leaving barry to the dirty work whereas Barry has proved a better passer and distributer on the ball, in recent weeks, than Lampard.

Lampard (when he has the main midfield role) tends to scare me tbh, less likely to track back and win what he lost, leaving the back of the team to mop up, whereas Gerrard will endeavour to correct his mistake and begin an attacking move. Ok, Lampard may have had the better game, but I feel Gerrard is more suited to the partnership with Barry than him.

Resident foodie!

I'm not saying I disagree with you, mate.

I was just stating facts.

Of the two, I probably prefer Gerrard, but only just!

He is one of Gareth Barry's best friends which probably helps.

We have to play Gerrard. Who else will persistantly ping unnecessary 40-50 yard passes off the pitch?

Lampard is playing well, Gerrard is not. It's an obvious choice.

Downing shouldn't be near the squad, let alone start. It's got to be SWP or Lennon... or just anybody who can actually contribute something other than laying it backwards because he's too scared to try and beat a man or a rubbish cross that goes off for a goal kick. Hell, I'd play Jenas over Downing.

Swedish Meatball

Belarus was one of the outposts of tyranny drawn up by the US, putting it in stable with Cuba, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Burma and Iran.

I never knew.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

I think Downing is the only actual left winger we have. I do not rate the lad at all, but times call for desperate measures.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    I think Downing is the only actual left winger we have. I do not rate the lad at all, but times call for desperate measures.
    Ture.

However, should we really be that desperate as to have to revert to reserve team players to fill certain positions? (That was referring to Bridge, obviously.)

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Ture.

However, should we really be that desperate as to have to revert to reserve team players to fill certain positions? (That was referring to Bridge, obviously.)
    I'd even have Bridge over Cole I think. I rate the lad anyway (when he plays).

nakkernino del clusto

I'd play this against belarus and win 4 or 5 -0

james
    brown ferdinand lescott
    barry
    lampard
    walcott downing
    heskey
    defoe rooney

But i do believe it will be

james
    brown ferdinand upson bridge
    walcott barry lampard downing
    heskey rooney

Lampard is a lesser Gerrard attacking midfielder, leaving barry to the dirty work whereas Barry has proved a better passer and distributer on the ball, in recent weeks, than Lampard.
    Lampard has been immense so far this season.

Lampard (when he has the main midfield role) tends to scare me tbh, less likely to track back and win what he lost, leaving the back of the team to mop up, whereas Gerrard will endeavour to correct his mistake and begin an attacking move. Ok, Lampard may have had the better game, but I feel Gerrard is more suited to the partnership with Barry than him.
    Lampard played in a 'main midfield role' in Zagreb against a team that we all know can pass teams off the pitch and he played excellently. Gerrard for me is the one who's more likely to vacate the midfield, which is why Benitez uses him more as a second striker rather than a 'main midfielder'.

I must admit, I haven't been a Lampard fan the last couple of years, especially for England, but this season he has got back to the form which made him a big name in the first place. I think he's playing far better than he did last season. I hope he can get a few goals to his name to add to it.

Yay for Gerrard!!!!! 0-1

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

What's the weather like in the stadium?