Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Nugent

Default Dave Nugent

With Earny, Pele and Tyson looking like there on the way out Nugent on a free transfer could be worth a look:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...897918,00.html

Portsmouth boss Steve Cotterill admits he is resigned to losing top-scorer David Nugent in the summer.

Nugent, who netted his 13th goal of the season in Monday's 1-1 draw with Burnley, is out of contract in the summer and could leave on a free transfer.

"I think Nuge will leave, that is what I think will happen."

Steve Cotterill on David Nugent

Quotes of the week

Cotterill has been trying to sort out a new deal for the one-time England international, but is yet to agree anything and he expects the striker to move on in the summer.

"I think Nuge will leave, that is what I think will happen," Cotterill told The News. "There had been a call into his agent for a long, long time.

"I'll think he'll go, though. That is just my gut feeling. I am okay with it if that is what's going to happen.

"That's just what I think. I think that will happen. That is my honest opinion."

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Dave Nugent

No thanks. Don't think he is any better than what we have and has never been able to hack it above the Championship so wouldn't work going forward either.

FOREST!

Would be very happy to see him here. On a free it would be a great signing.

Another non-scoring striker. Imho Kris Boyd is far better. He just needs a good pre-season training with Forest.
    The only reason we could go for Nugent is that he's out of contract.

FOREST!

Was a goal machine for Preston a few years back. You don't become a bad striker overnight.

We've already got someone (on loan) that can score tap ins against shit opponents

clicky

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by joenffc
    Was a goal machine for Preston a few years back. You don't become a bad striker overnight.
    Hmm. David Johnson had 1.5 good seasons for us, sandwiched between two eras of utter shit. He became a good stoker overnight, then a shit one again!

TheDude

David Johnson is a Nottingham Forest legend. He's up there with the Stuart Peaces and Brian Cloughs.

Last edited by TheDude; 26-04-11 at 20:13.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    David Johnson is a Nottingham Forest legend. He's up there with the Stuart Peaces and Brian Cloughs.
    What utter and absolute crap

Honestly Dude you must be on the wind up, the man was a bone idle money grabbing leech. He was a disgrace to himself and the club, to be even mentioned in the same sentance as Pearce is akin to blasphemy.

TheDude

The man nearly took us to the premiership.

Last edited by TheDude; 26-04-11 at 20:50.

DJ was definitely better than Collywhore.

We could sign alot more better strikers than nugent, Morison, Graham, Murray, Mackail-Smith just to name a few. Even on a free i wouldn't want him, I'd rather us get Boyd on a permanent deal as i think he has a lot more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaBirtles View Post
    i do hope your taking the piss

I think Nugent is a very good player. Twelve goals and five assists at this level this season is a good return for a side that has struggled at times. He is pacey, you'll see him pick the ball up from deep and run with it, and he scores different kinds of goals. I don't know when we became too good to turn a player down - for nothing - who has been far more effective than any of the strikers or wingers we currently have at the club (McGugan being neither, of course), but I guess that's how we are. Nugent is exactly the kind of player who would take us to the next level in the second division, if we are to remain here next season.

nugent his very predictable always wants to cut inside and bend one to top corner but wouldnt mind him on a free

I've heard it all now.

Nugent has played wide quite often this season, he certainly did in the two games against us. So his goalscoring record isn't too bad.

I think he's a talented player and would definitely take him, I'd imagine his wages will be a problem, though.

I'd have him here for sure. And I liked David Johnson. But neither were as good as Collymore, that's blatant.

Rice 34

Johnson thrived under Hart because he had a huge respect for him and Hart made the team play to Johnnos strengths, if you read his twitter you will get more than a hint about what he thought about megson/kinnear.

Nugent on a free though? I'd take that but depends on wages, probs on stupid wages at pompey because that stupid club is like that.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

I think Nugent could link up well with Earnie for us. Obviously this means we would need to get earnie signed up asap

One of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here.

In my view he is better than any of our numerous strikers. Too early to judge Findley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry Augustus View Post
    ....I don't know when we became too good to turn a player down - for nothing - who has been far more effective than any of the strikers or wingers we currently have at the club
    It always amazes me how many players are supposedly not good enough for us but prove to be excellent players for other clubs. The one that springs to mind straight away is Ian Harte, who was derided on here despite our lack of a left back and has had a great season for Reading. I also remember Stephen Carr being 'past it' and 'a money grabber after a last pay day', who has since captained Birmingham for 2-3 seasons in the Premiership and won a Wembley cup final.

Too many people worry about whether a player would be good enough for us in the Premiership - I'd focus on players to get us there first.

And then there were those who didn't think Allardyce was good enough to be Forest manager

If someone is offering us Nugent then we should snap their hand off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    One of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here.
    Surely he wasn't serious