Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: It has been confirmed...

Default It has been confirmed...

Calderwood didn't even offer a new deal to Commons. I know he had said his future lie elsewhere but we surely would've fought to keep him if we had thought he was an important player. I think he has had a bad attitude whilst playing with us when the only time he wants to play is when he thinks there is hope of him getting a deal elsewhere.

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...316929,00.html

He may have been our most talented player but there is no way that he is worth keeping based on his attitude. Anyone else think there is a replacement lined up?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: It has been confirmed...

I think you might be missing the point here somewhat. If Commons has told the manager that he is going in no uncertain terms there is not alot Calderwood can do about it. Forest have made every intention to keep him clear in both the media, and fighting for him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Man
    I think you might be missing the point here somewhat. If Commons has told the manager that he is going in no uncertain terms there is not alot Calderwood can do about it. Forest have made every intention to keep him clear in both the media, and fighting for him last year.
    We fought for him last year was it not obvious that he wanted to leave? Why do you think it was left so late? The fact was he made it clear to the papers if we were not promoted he was gone the only problem was that he was not offered a deal elsewhere so he had no option but to sign for us because we were the only ones to offer him a deal. This year it is just OK thankyou and goodbye. It is for the better that he goes anyway.

I have been told that, in preliminary talks, he was offered £10,000 a week and dismissed it out of hand. If you recall, a few months ago I posted that someone who knew Commons had asked him about the Derby rumour and all he did was smile and wink - so I believe that he was on his way some time ago.

His style of play doesn't fit in to any 'system' and I always had the feeling that Calderwood tried to accommodate him in the team, a lot of the time at the expense of the overall performance. I thought that towards the end of the season, when Calderwood used him as a substitute in away games, he had a much greater impact - you have to ask though whether or not this was die to the opposition tiring and thus giving him more free space.

We can only hope that if and when he goes to the wool factory they also tey to accommodate him and it causes them similar problems. He certainly wasn't the best winger in the division last year and I doubt if he is capable of being the best in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    I have been told that, in preliminary talks, he was offered £10,000 a week and dismissed it out of hand. If you recall, a few months ago I posted that someone who knew Commons had asked him about the Derby rumour and all he did was smile and wink - so I believe that he was on his way some time ago.

His style of play doesn't fit in to any 'system' and I always had the feeling that Calderwood tried to accommodate him in the team, a lot of the time at the expense of the overall performance. I thought that towards the end of the season, when Calderwood used him as a substitute in away games, he had a much greater impact - you have to ask though whether or not this was die to the opposition tiring and thus giving him more free space.

We can only hope that if and when he goes to the wool factory they also tey to accommodate him and it causes them similar problems. He certainly wasn't the best winger in the division last year and I doubt if he is capable of being the best in the Championship.
    With Commons gone maybe the team will settle into a definate formation. Hopefully we will bring in players that will play for the rest of the team and have the skill to replace him

nakkernino del clusto

2 grand per decent game, money well saved.

Very disappointing to read this.

Should be very interesting on his return to Trentside if he goes to the sheep.

Roy Keanes return was the most hate filled Ive ever seen (more so than Webb or Collymore).

You could sympathise with Keane to a certain extent - we had just been relegated and Man U come knocking.......

........but to call yourself a Forest fan and consider going to the Rams.........when they are in the same league and are in complete disarray.........the decision can only be financial.

I predict he will get the worst reception that ANY ex red will get on his return.

And he deserves it.

FAT JUDAS BASTARD
    YOURE JUST A FAT JUDAS BASTARD!!

Miserable bastard

I'm very disapointed, not with the club, but with Kris himself.

Last summer he kept us waiting around, whilst he tried to get himself a move and then claimed that he would stay with us for another year because of how much he loved the club, blah, blah...and that if we got promotion he would stay.

At the time I gave him the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming that he only stayed because no-one was willing to pay any transfer fee to get him.

Daniel

In no uncertain terms this is the work of a greedy bastard... The difference with moving on is the signing on fee. If he'd stayed at forest he would not qualify for one....

It's all money money money!!!

fucking judas twat!

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    In no uncertain terms this is the work of a greedy bastard... The difference with moving on is the signing on fee. If he'd stayed at forest he would not qualify for one....

It's all money money money!!!
    He could have asked for a fee for signing a new contract, often clubs accommodate this to stop them seeking signing on fees elsewhere.

Talk to me, Goose.

deja vu

Commons has been released?!?!?!?!?!

He's going to...... DERBY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I do remember reading this in one of the other Commons' threads. He obviously didn't want to play for his childhood team. Understandable isn't though? Oh wait, when our and his supposed local rivals come knocking with a fat pay cheque, being a Forest supporter goes out the window.