Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our crowds

Default Our crowds

Is anyone else slightly disappointed by the number of people we are getting through the gate at the moment?

I don't think we could ask for much more from the lads of the pitch at the moment but attendances don't seem to be increasing at the rate I imagined they would. Last home game was under 20k which despite being on a Tuesday night is still pretty poor in my opinion. Last Saturday home match was around 22k which is okay but that's still around 8,000 empty Red seats.

Our away attendances are up there with the best of them (4k to Derby, 6k to West Sham, 2k to Cov) so what is keeping people away from The City Ground?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

deleted

Default Re: Our crowds

You are Gl3nn and I claim my £5 !

But having said that ... I wonder how many fans we actually have ?

I've never had trouble getting a ticket these last few years.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Build a new stadium! That'd push the crowds up to 60,000 a week & we'd be turning people away.....

"This statement is false."

The teams visiting were a bit tosh though, I think we'll get a good crowd with Watford coming to play football and us being in the top 6.

I expect most people are holding off attending until we finally get a new stadium.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

They could all get there by tram!

One tram, holding 191 people ( http://www.thetram.net/about/depot.asp ) every 9 minutes, access problems solved!

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

I don't really mind, I'd rather have folks there that want to be there rather than enticing people who aren't going to get behind the team - but I have been surprised a few times this season to not see more. Aside from the big games like Derby and Leeds (and presumably Leicester when it happens) I'm sure away followings have been lower though..

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The teams visiting were a bit tosh though, I think we'll get a good crowd with Watford coming to play football and us being in the top 6.
    If the club were expecting a big crowd, I'm sure it would be plastered as a "near sell-out" all over the OS by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

One tram, holding 191 people ( http://www.thetram.net/about/depot.asp ) every 9 minutes, access problems solved!
    That made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    I don't really mind, I'd rather have folks there that want to be there rather than enticing people who aren't going to get behind the team - but I have been surprised a few times this season to not see more. Aside from the big games like Derby and Leeds (and presumably Leicester when it happens) I'm sure away followings have been lower though..
    Away following have been mainly shocking this year at The City Ground

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Away following have been mainly shocking this year at The City Ground
    Agreed, apart from Leeds it's been very poor. We are still one of the better supported home sides in the division though, and we probably have the second best away support in terms of numbers in the division (again after Leeds!).

Are we no longer a glamour away game for other fans?

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    If the club were expecting a big crowd, I'm sure it would be plastered as a "near sell-out" all over the OS by now.
    True enough, there's nothing like that on there, not even on the OS match preview ...

Surely we'll get something like 25,000 for this one? I'm looking forward to it anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Agreed, apart from Leeds it's been very poor. We are still one of the better supported home sides in the division though, and we probably have the second best away support in terms of numbers in the division (again after Leeds!).
    They're all watching Notts' stunning climb into the Championship! Oh ... wait ...

Maybe they're just at the pub watching Man Yoo then.

Rice IV

I bet that's how the Coventry fans get to their ground!

On a more serious note, you only have to look at a place like Coventry to be thankful for how many people do turn up to watch Forest and the atmosphere created.

I think the Coventry numbers were a bit of a stretch, no way did 14,000 people pass through the gates there. I reckon under 10, and we made up 20% of that.

In tough times we still get good crowds.

Talk to me, Goose.

Watford won't bring much more than a 1000...how many did we take down there? 3k was it?

Rice 21

Still averaging around 23K though, and we've had some fairly turgid teams come to our place lately.

Crowds will start to pick up now, but as Winnits said I'm happy enough that the fans who are coming to games are there every week, no matter who we're playing or our league position.

Anything less than 24K tomorrow will be very dissapointing

Is it perhaps anything to do with it being £25-30 per ticket for an hour and a half's entertainment? I don't spend than in a week on food at the moment. Football's not a cheap pastime, for many of us it would cost at least as much again to get there and back.

Tudders number 1 fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Are we no longer a glamour away game for other fans?
    Most teams if any never win here,So maybe thats putting them off.

I also think giving the whole bridgford end is a huge factor. The fact that the away end plus T-block is restricted for sales limits seats to about 24K for Forest fans. Once all the good ones are taken people just don't bother

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Is it perhaps anything to do with it being £25-30 per ticket for an hour and a half's entertainment? I don't spend than in a week on food at the moment. Football's not a cheap pastime, for many of us it would cost at least as much again to get there and back.
    How only 1 person has mentioned cost surprises me.

£25-30 ticket, plus usually you can add a minimum of £5 on to that with the costs that go with attending the football(and I'm being generous with that) and it becomes an expensive afternoon/evening out.

The majority are finding money tighter at the moment and many people, including myself, will pick and choose the games more carefully that they plan on attending.

Watch the attendance rocket for the Preston game when it's £10 a ticket.

Official Photographer

In short, No, a country coming out of a recession, quoted unemployement figures at over 2m and next year to expected at over 3m, £26 tickets are a lot, specially when its a choice of feeding your kids or going to the game, another reason is because its early in the year - Jan/Feb, people still feeling the pinch from Christmas, and we'll never have gates like Leeds for a start, how many clubs has Leeds got in Leeds?, Aside from that I in all honest couldn't give a shit if our attendance is more, all I care about is what my club is doing rather than looking across jealously at other attendances, most of which are born from ticket give away bonanza's.

rant over, but I hope that brings a bit of realism to football talk, not that it will when a fucking transfer fee could feed a small country for a year.

There were 22,000 at home for that Portsmouth game.

Pompey only brought 1,100 fans though.... and that away end holds approx 5000 fans in total.

So there were 20,900 Forest fans sat in about 25000 available seats, so about 80% of the home areas were full.

Official Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    it used to be when it was a working mans pasttime.

Official Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty View Post
    How only 1 person has mentioned cost surprises me.

£25-30 ticket, plus usually you can add a minimum of £5 on to that with the costs that go with attending the football(and I'm being generous with that) and it becomes an expensive afternoon/evening out.

The majority are finding money tighter at the moment and many people, including myself, will pick and choose the games more carefully that they plan on attending.

Watch the attendance rocket for the Preston game when it's £10 a ticket.
    Oh i was in the middle of addressing it, Just too slow at typing!

and £5 is no where near enough, its £5 for some of the car parks round near the ground, then if you go to the pub, then if you meet mates. best part of £50-60 easy