Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: What should we do now about a new manager - is it time for a change

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steady as she goes ( Give CC a few more games)

33 43.42%
  • We need a short term fix (someone like Fat Joe )

0 0%
  • Go for Curbishley to keep the style but add the finish

17 22.37%
  • Go for Big Sam (I dont mind watching crap football as long as we win)

9 11.84%
  • Go For Davies (even if he smells of mutton)

8 10.53%
  • Sack him and see (who applies)

7 9.21%
  • Other man or option (please explain)

2 2.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what now...

Default what now...

I have moved from option 1 to option 3 after todays game

Reasoning:

we kept Cloughie too long in his last season* and went down (but he was un-sackable)
    we sacked Harty and it payed off (even though he was backable)
    we have backed CC but we are in a rut and by the end of the month we are likely to be well adrift with the upcoming fixtures

bringing in Curbs will lift performances and there will still be continuity in terms of style and approach to the game

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: what now...

I beleive it is players we need and not a new manager. I think CC is getting quite a lot from the current set of players, they are just lacking in the quality at the minute.

Having said that he could help them a little by sticking to more basic strategies like 4-4-2.

It's a tough one, it really is decision time for ND with a bit of a break from competitive games coming up. If there is ever a perfect time to bring a new manager in it would be now.

I think I would stick with CC, the players have to suck up a bit more responsability and players like Cole, Earnshaw, Breckin and Wilson need to step up because this is an awfully young squad and we need all the experience we can get. CC going now won't help the younger players very much at all now I don't think.

I believe the Ireland game will be the turning point.

i'm shocked at the way the vote is going at the moment

I voted steady as she goes.

Down.

here are the next 4 fixtures

Sat 18 15:00 A QPR QPR have only lost one at home this season
    Tue 21 19:45 H Ipswich Town Remember the drubbing
    Sat 25 15:00 H Cardiff City just outside the playoffs
    Tue 28 20:00 A Crystal Palace* *With the home advantage this time

I cant see us winning any of these games on present form if we only get a couple of points from these games (I predict at home to Ipswich and away to Palace) that will leave us 10 or 15 points away from safety, more than that possibly. and with Derby as the next game !!

I dont think we will be able to turn it around then

If I could see CC turning it around I'd give him a few more games,but I feel he dosen't have it in him so it is pointless keeping himself in.If I was Doughty I'd give him his nice chunky pay off and get that Mr Billy Davies in,turned Preston round when they were in trouble and regularly made them a side fighting for promotion and he would do nothing but good for us imo even if his teams have a habit of being dirty,cheating and mutton molestering!

Wait till the end of this month at least. Then review the situation.

As zero7 said, it's players we need. A new manager now would still have to cope with the fact we have a squad as thin as rice-paper and no natural right-back. Admittedly, a new manager might not suffer from the same 4-4-2-allergy as Colin Calderwood, but who's to say a 4-4-2 would prove any more successful?

winnits

Me. I'm to say that. That's who.

Isn't 'who's to say...' an odd turn of phrase, when you think about it?

Keep CC, he is doing a good job. We are just not taking our chances!

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by McGugan #8
    Keep CC, he is doing a good job. We are just not taking our chances!
    Look. I am not calling for his head.

I think though if things do not turn round and we get humiliated on national TV at Derby then his position will be, sadly, increasingly untenable.

However. Given that we have now won 1 in 10 and have only 5/30 points - I'd have to say that the empirical evidence is that, at this moment in time, CC is not doing a good job. I believe that we can turn it round but please let's not keep sticking our heads in the sand as to our current plight.

What now?

Finishing practice.

I think a lot of us thought it'd be hard work and it's turning out that way. We've just gotta man up, battle on and get those points. If that means playing some ugly football, I'll take them.

why would you give him a few more games?

He has had 10 games at this levek now and I think it is time he was gone, get rid of the retard before it is too late.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    why would you give him a few more games?

He has had 10 games at this levek now and I think it is time he was gone, get rid of the retard before it is too late.
    It's a good job for their supporters that Hull didn't take that view with Phil Brown last season isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    It's a good job for their supporters that Hull didn't take that view with Phil Brown last season isn't it?
    look lets not flatter Calderwood, he is a terrible football manager.
    but I doubt Hull were in a position as bad as ours.

Again Calderwood is fool so get any hopes of him sending us a winning streak out of your head.

If we cannot beat Palace and Burnley at home we are going down.

get real.

Again Calderwood is fool so get any hopes of him sending us a winning streak out of your head.

get real.
    I wouldn't say Colin's a 'terrible manager' or a 'fool'.

We all know how things can change and unless we believe and have faith then it'll never happen. The great thing is that Colin hasn't given up. How would that be perceived by the so called supporters?

We were never going to take the League by storm and there's time yet to start turning our performances into results.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

oopsy daisy!

get real.
    I bow to your well reasoned, constuctive argument.

I agree. We're doomed. Doomed I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    I wouldn't say Colin's a 'terrible manager' or a 'fool'.

We all know how things can change and unless we believe and have faith then it'll never happen. The great thing is that Colin hasn't given up. How would that be perceived by the so called supporters?

We were never going to take the League by storm and there's time yet to start turning our performances into results.
    ok first of all I would say he is foolish, silly, incompetent..... all these words and more are appropriate. The man has pretty much ZERO tactical know how, I don't claim to have be a football genious myself but then I don't manage a championship club.

secondly how bad would it look if he came out after 10 games of rap and said "I cannae be bothered noo"? I don't want us to take the league by storm I just want us to still be here next season and not get embarrassed by Derby.

As you have said yourself we need some points and in order to get points we need to score some goals.

ok first of all I would say he is foolish, silly, incompetent..... all these words and more are appropriate. The man has pretty much ZERO tactical know how, I don't claim to have be a football genious myself but then I don't manage a championship club.

secondly how bad would it look if he came out after 10 games of rap and said "I cannae be bothered noo"? I don't want us to take the league by storm I just want us to still be here next season and not get embarrassed by Derby.

As you have said yourself we need some points and in order to get points we need to score some goals.
    Good arguement.

If you were the Manager, how would you have done things differently yesterday?

I still believe that he got it right yesterday and our failings to come away with a result is down to our inability to finish. Simple.

Goals are a little like orgasms. One is great but we want and need lots of them.

If it's possible Id very much like Curbishley as our manager, thats a big IF mind you

yeh fair point........not that much could have been done differently.

that said we lacked width and tried to bypass the midfield, 433 is a mistake.

I would have tried McClearly on the right wing, Martin on the left, cole and tyson up front.

standard 442 with wingers going forward and Andy Cole in theory might win some of wes's hoofs.

yeh fair point........not that much could have been done differently.

that said we lacked width and tried to bypass the midfield, 433 is a mistake.

I would have tried McClearly on the right wing, Martin on the left, cole and tyson up front.

standard 442 with wingers going forward and Andy Cole in theory might win some of wes's hoofs.
    I tend to agree with you about the 4-3-3 thing although I'm not too hot on formations. I think to start that way was an error of judgement.

We went 4-4-2 with Cole even though the dynamics changed, it wasn't enough to supply us with a goal.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

having heard the game on the radio and not going it sounded to me like the approach to the game was generally good and we controlled the game but as T.B.T as already said we just couldnt find the scoring touch ,We are currently on a goal drought which will change ,My biggest worry is the defence sounds like a shambles and palace waltzed in as and when they wanted to ,The goals will come the question is can we score more than the opposition with a defence like tissue paper .

Changing manager is not the answer as he has the players playing with the right attitude and that is a big part of his job ,If we wasn't trying and we wasn't getting chances i would be worried but we are .

and jrlord you said we can't all of a sudden go on a game by game winning streak after losing so many ,Well what have the sheepshaggers done then ?

ok, well I was there and it was forced, the radio was talking about "good outfield play" but if we weren't passing the ball around and moving a bit then we wouldn't have been playing football.

the attacking play doens't seem to come naturally to forest, that said neither does defensive.

Its all very well saying the goals will come but where from and when?

never take the word of radio Nottingham, John McGovern really annoyed me last night with his blind optimism - talking about getting Garner and Anderson in the team, great 2 players unproven at this level without a pre-season behind us.

we weren't as bad as we have been but nowhere near good enough.

I could have sworn lee martin was up top at one point with tyson on the left.