Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: CC Biggest Game Today

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Default CC Biggest Game Today

    I would say it is. He has been in a few tricky situations before. Most memorable game I remember regarding his managerial position was the game against Doncaster at The Keepmoat. We were rubbish and barely touched the ball, after the game a majority of fans who were there expected him to go, he didn't and fair play to him he won us promotion.

    Now 9 games in we are bottom but after a few games people wanted him gone, others said ''Give him 10 games...........

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    825

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    if we get beaten comfortbaly 2-0+ i fully expect him to be gone come monday


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    12,896

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    After around 10 games you can start to see the shape of how the table will unfold. However, you only have to look at some teams who are doing quite well at present because they have a full squad to choose from.

    I don't see this as being Claderwood's last game. I fully expect him to be here come the end of the season.

    Yes, it's tough at the moment. But we all have to believe we will come out of this rut soon.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    15,920

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    I doubt that there is anyone more aware of the situation we are in than Colin Calderwood.

    It's all too easy to call for a new Manager when things get tough. Despite our League position, which is appears to be an unfair reflection on our performances this season, I am still confident that we can turn things around with Colin.

    I am not calling for his resignation yet I am as desperate as any to see a changing wind in our results.

    Today is, indeed, a big game yet every game is a big game for us as we battle to make our mark in the Championship.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    12,896

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    I doubt that there is anyone more aware of the situation we are in than Colin Calderwood.

    It's all too easy to call for a new Manager when things get tough. Despite our League position, which is appears to be an unfair reflection on our performances this season, I am still confident that we can turn things around with Colin.

    I am not calling for his resignation yet I am as desperate as any to see a changing wind in our results.

    Today is, indeed, a big game yet every game is a big game for us as we battle to make our mark in the Championship.
    T.B.T. you are right, today is a big game. But I think most games will be big ones for us until we have settled into this league. That could start today or it might take several more games. We will never know.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    After around 10 games you can start to see the shape of how the table will unfold. However, you only have to look at some teams who are doing quite well at present because they have a full squad to choose from.

    I don't see this as being Claderwood's last game. I fully expect him to be here come the end of the season.

    Yes, it's tough at the moment. But we all have to believe we will come out of this rut soon.
    CC will only be here if forest can get a few wins soon. If the results continue on the same path as before , irregardless of whether unlucky or not , CC will not be here long. Even those times when we were fighting relegation or got relegated in the championship all those years ago , we were never bottom. The longer we stay bottom , the longer it will take to drag ourselves out.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    15,920

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Doughty is not in the market to sack managers.

    The feeling around the stands is one of negativism, which is understandable, but I still have hope and faith that we have better to come.

    Crystal Palace have yet to win away from home so we have a great opportunity today to battle and grind out a result thus restoring some confidence in our team and our supporters. I have a good feeling today.

    We will ride the storm, batten down the hatches and implement the means to succeed.






  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    We are playing some decent football at times. If we weren't i'd say get rid. I think he's been unlucky to be honest.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Like i say , there's only so many times you can say "unlucky" when we loses before it gets really old. I think being forest fans , we should know more than most , that luck generally goes against you when you are down at the bottom.

    There should be a cut off period before the situation at the bottom gets too hopeless.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    15,920

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Saying that we've been 'unlucky' is a bit of a cop out although it's fair to say that some of the decisions against us have been unjust and some of the goals against us a bit flukey.

    I believe you make your own luck and if we present an assertive, challenging, positive, attacking game then the goals, and results, will follow.

    In the Championship we can not rely consistently upon our defence to keep us in the game. We will only succeed if we push forward, keep our heads up and create the chances in the box.

    This will be Cole's game.


  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moved on to pastures new
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Yes, I imagine, and hope, that today will be the day that Andy Cole puts in a big performance.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    699

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot
    We are playing some decent football at times. If we weren't i'd say get rid. I think he's been unlucky to be honest.
    I agree with that a lot!! We have been incredibley unlucky at times, and havent played too bad. I think we will win today but if we lose i dont think he would go, i think he will have untill christmas.


  14. #13

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Strum
    if we get beaten comfortbaly 2-0+ i fully expect him to be gone come monday
    If we do, it will be our worst start to a season in memory / ever ?
    His head would be on the block
    Yes this is Colin's biggest game


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    There is absolutely no point in sacking Clownderwood today/tomorrow/next week regardless of the result. We were always going to be involved in a relegation fight this season and anybody who thought otherwise was deluded. Those who claimed the step up from League One to the Championship was nominal have been proven wrong. I felt last season Clownderwood was lucky, this season I feel he has been unlucky. We have a tough set of fixtures in October, however, hopefully we should pick up a few wins in November. If we don't I feel we sack Clownderwood and start afresh in December. Is afresh one word?

    Regardless of this, I do not trust Doughty to appoint anybody half decent as manger and I feel it's better we stick with Clownderwood, who at least knows the team. He should have been sacked a few seasons back, but wasn't. No point in bringing down the axe now, excpet on Mark Arthur.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    I believe you make your own luck and if we present an assertive, challenging, positive, attacking game then the goals, and results, will follow.

    In the Championship we can not rely consistently upon our defence to keep us in the game. We will only succeed if we push forward, keep our heads up and create the chances in the box.
    I totally agree. On Tuesday we made little attempt to keep the ball and attack the opposition (centre backs at wing back) and didn't create a single opportunity until minutes after Sheff Weds took the lead. It really doesn't work in the Championship. We need to take the game to the opposition, get McCleary and Martin running at the opposition, Cohen having a pop when space opens itself up, and the strikers moving.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    This will be Cole's game.
    And I really hope this'll be true.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    There is absolutely no point in sacking Clownderwood today/tomorrow/next week regardless of the result. We were always going to be involved in a relegation fight this season and anybody who thought otherwise was deluded. Those who claimed the step up from League One to the Championship was nominal have been proven wrong. I felt last season Clownderwood was lucky, this season I feel he has been unlucky. We have a tough set of fixtures in October, however, hopefully we should pick up a few wins in November. If we don't I feel we sack Clownderwood and start afresh in December. Is afresh one word?

    Regardless of this, I do not trust Doughty to appoint anybody half decent as manger and I feel it's better we stick with Clownderwood, who at least knows the team. He should have been sacked a few seasons back, but wasn't. No point in bringing down the axe now, excpet on Mark Arthur.
    So after today's defeat , how many games do you want to give CC ?!
    I do not trust Doughty either but right now , something needs to be done as obviously CC doesn't know how to stop the crisis , we are now 5 points away from safety . A few more games and that margin will stretch beyond what we can salvage.
    Fresh blood is needed , be it Curbishley or Big Sam. We have to do something before it's too late.


  18. #17

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Calderwood's reign is very quickly reminding me of the end of Paul Hart's reign at the moment,playing decent enough football but with no end product whatsoever,thus meaning very few goals being scored.Football is a results business and like Doughty acted with Hart,the time for Doughty to reconsider Calderwood's position is now.Yes Colin is a decent enough bloke,but as a manager I think he has found his level and it is not the championship unfortunately.If we stick with him for much longer we are only heading one way lady's and gentleman


  19. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Give him a couple more games, injuries have not helped. Earnie will be back next week. I dont want big sam or boring alan curbishley at the club. Come on CC lets go and nick 3 points at loftus rd!!


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    A few more games and that margin will stretch beyond what we can salvage.
    Just like the margin strecthed too far for automatic promotion last season? Give it a rest. Yes we're not getting the points now but we still have 34 games left this season, that is a huge amount of time to get safe or make up 8 points so stop talking so much arse.

    The team are playing ok but not scoring, that needs solving. Yes we can't wait forever for that to be solved but I think CC still deserves another 5 games. If he loses them then there is still ample time for another manager to make us safe and they'd still have chance to buy in January.

    The problem is that fans like yourself are overly dramatic all the time. We got promoted so you've hyped up this season and are approaching it like we'll come 1st or 2nd. Now that the truth hits, that it'll be a tough season at a level that many of our squad have not played at before and you've immediately gone the other way. The truth is mid-table was the most likely finish for us this season and that is still on the cards both with CC or without him in a few games time.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Calderwood's reign is very quickly reminding me of the end of Paul Hart's reign at the moment,playing decent enough football but with no end product whatsoever,thus meaning very few goals being scored.Football is a results business and like Doughty acted with Hart,the time for Doughty to reconsider Calderwood's position is now.Yes Colin is a decent enough bloke,but as a manager I think he has found his level and it is not the championship unfortunately.If we stick with him for much longer we are only heading one way lady's and gentleman
    The difference during that end of Paul hart's reign was that we were never bottom , *we were always close distance from safety even when we were crap. This time round , the distance between us and safety is reaching a gap even at this early stage , a few more games of losing and we'll be well and truly adrift.


  22. #21

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti
    Just like the margin strecthed too far for automatic promotion last season? Give it a rest. Yes we're not getting the points now but we still have 34 games left this season, that is a huge amount of time to get safe or make up 8 points so stop talking so much arse.
    Have to agree here, except you automatic promotion analogy is weak, as League 1 in comparrison to the Championship is p**s-poor.* As Mr Smith pointed out, there were cretins who seemed to have deluded themselves into thinking that the step-up between League 1 and The CCC was nominal.* Well, how do they explain this?
    If CC is sacked now, I would hate to think that it would have been in anyway associated with the clueless expectations of a group of over-excited numpteys before the season began.

    We have to realise that we're not really up to the standard in this league, but that is down more to the players than the manager* (unlike our last seasons in League 1 where we were fighting against promotion, which was more down to Calderwood) so bringing in a new manager, who will be a pile of horses**t if Doughty has anything to do with the selection process, will be pretty much a waste of time.




    * I am aware the players are brought in by the manager...


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    I have personally always thought that Calderwood would be given till the end of October, middle of November to turn things around.

    But things are starting to look rather grim at the moment. We are losing ground week in, week out and we are showing no signs of being able to stop the rot.

    Doughty has to make a difficult decision. Does he act now or does he give Calderwood a little more time in which to get his injured players back in contention......and would those players actually make any difference?





  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti
    Just like the margin strecthed too far for automatic promotion last season? Give it a rest. Yes we're not getting the points now but we still have 34 games left this season, that is a huge amount of time to get safe or make up 8 points so stop talking so much arse.

    The team are playing ok but not scoring, that needs solving. Yes we can't wait forever for that to be solved but I think CC still deserves another 5 games. If he loses them then there is still ample time for another manager to make us safe and they'd still have chance to buy in January.

    The problem is that fans like yourself are overly dramatic all the time. We got promoted so you've hyped up this season and are approaching it like we'll come 1st or 2nd. Now that the truth hits, that it'll be a tough season at a level that many of our squad have not played at before and you've immediately gone the other way. The truth is mid-table was the most likely finish for us this season and that is still on the cards both with CC or without him in a few games time.
    What a bunch of horsecrap. I expected a season of consolidation , i don't expect us to be 1st or 2nd but i sure as heck don't expect us to go on a losing streak and be bottom of the pile.
    This isn't the case of just waiting and hoping that our fortunes will change because unless some drastic measures is done , it will not. Our squad is young and inexperienced and the longer we stayed down at the bottom , the morale for the squad will drop.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    It's a great shame really because he's a lovely bloke.....too nice maybe. I'd like to think they'd give him another month due to all the bad injuries but i can't see it.Even in League one he never knew his best formation and was always tinkering with it.......he just can't keep doing it at this level. *


  26. #25

    Default Re: CC Biggest Game Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunson
    It's a great shame really because he's a lovely bloke.....too nice maybe. I'd like to think they'd give him another month due to all the bad injuries but i can't see it.Even in League one he never knew his best formation and was always tinkering with it.......he just can't keep doing it at this level. *
    As a saying I've heard goes,nice guys finish last


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •