Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Fill your boots - A website I've started writing for

Resident foodie!

Default Fill your boots - A website I've started writing for

New website devoted entirely to the Football League. None of that Premier League tosh.

I have started writing match previews for them now. So far, I have done Bury v Exeter, Preston v Reading, Reading v Doncaster and Forest v Cardiff.

www.fillyourboots.co.uk

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Monk De Wally De Honk

Default Re: Fillyourboots.co.uk

I don"t understand the title
    what does filly our boots mean??
    Is it some kind of horse/man cross dresssing thing??

Resident foodie!

This is my preview for the Bury v Exeter game last week:

Tough Gigg for Grecians

Bury v Exeter

Alan Knill won the September manager of the month award for League Two as his side continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 3-3 draw away at Aldershot.

However, the award’s dreaded curse almost fell upon him as Aldershot scored three goals in 10 second-half minutes and his Bury side were left hanging on, with Knill admitting afterwards the result felt more like a loss.

However, the Shakers’ spirits will be buoyed ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Exeter after a 1-0 victory over League One side Stockport in the Football League Trophy on Tuesday.

Exeter will be going into the match at Gigg Lane brimming with confidence having exceeded expectations with a confident start to the season that sees them currently sitting in 7th place following a 3-0 win against Gillingham last time out.

They will have the advantage of fresher legs after Bury’s midweek exploits and so will hope to capitalise on that while also building on their solid away record, which has seen them lose only once on the road at Bradford.

Captain Matthew Gill also scooped an award for September, taking home the Player of the Month accolade after scoring four goals in four games from midfield.

The Grecians have scored seven goals in their last two games, so they are bound to pose a threat to going forward, but then again, Andy Bishop has had a fantastic start to the season, netting seven times in all competitions, including three in his last two games.

Bury have home advantage, which could prove to be the decisive factor as they have won all but one of their home games so far, drawing the other with high-flying Wycombe.

The question is not whether we will see goals this weekend – it is simply a question of how many.

Verdict: Bury 2-1 Exeter
    and this is my as-yet unedited preview for Preston v Reading this week:

Preston v Reading

Reading go into the tie with Preston as top goal-scorers in England, having scored 26 in 10 games this season with more bound to come against a team woefully short of confidence.

They have a number of players returning from international duty which goes to show the sheer quality they have in their ranks, and that is sure to tell on Saturday when they face a Preston side who have lost their last four league games.

The Royals have now won three on the bounce, propelling them to third in the league, including a resounding 3-0 victory over Wolves at Molineux and a 3-1 defeat of Burnley – whose boss, Owen Coyle won the September manager of the month award.

Steve Coppell does have a few injury worries, though, after Kalifa Cisse, Marek Matejovsky and midfield star, Jimmy Kebe all missed their countries’ games last weekend.

Cisse and Matejovsky, along with Steven Harper were in the squad for the friendly with Brighton in mid-week as they stepped up their efforts to be fit for Saturday’s game.

Preston, already without defenders Callum Davidson and Michael Hart along with midfielder, Richard Chaplow will be hoping new loan signing Eddie Nolan comes through the Republic of Ireland Under-21 game against Lithuania unscathed in order to take his place in their starting line-up.

The Lilywhites, on their worst run since last December will be hoping to sure up their defence and find goals themselves from somewhere. Neil Mellor and summer signing, Barry Nicholson are the club’s joint top-scorers with three each, but they have to stop relying on two men to get results.

Alan Irvine has let Brett Ormerod join Karl Hawley on loan in League One this week, despite the journeyman striker scoring twice for the reserves on Tuesday. He clearly has faith in his side and blames their string of results on lax finishing rather than poor performances.

It is hard to see Preston’s fortunes changing on Saturday against a side very much in form and I can’t see anything but another Reading Victory.

Verdict: Preston 1-3 Reading
    Any feedback is always appreciated.

Pedantic I know, but people reading the Reading piece, may not know who Karl Hawley manages.

Really good, always good using the teams nicknames, shows that you have a knowledge of the club you are writing about.

Resident foodie!

Default Fill your boots - A website I've started writing for

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    Pedantic I know, but people reading the Reading piece, may not know who Karl Hawley manages.

Really good, always good using the teams nicknames, shows that you have a knowledge of the club you are writing about.
    I figured that it is following on from the previous paragraph where I'm talking about Preston so it didn't matter that I just said Alan Irvine. I presume you mean him and not Karl Hawley?

Default Re: Fill your boots - A website I've started writing for

I thought Karl Hawley was Oldham's manager. So I obviously thought, Brett Ormerod has been sent to Karl Hawley at Oldham, but he is a player. So it was pretty pointless my previous comment.

Rice IV

We should have moved for Ormerod, he was a great player for us, and could have done a job here.

Talk to me, Goose.

Both a pretty good read if I may say so. No bullshit, gets to the point, includes relevant facts.

Nice work.

Resident foodie!

I got the Forest game for this weekend.

It's really hard to write about your own club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    New website devoted entirely to the Football League. None of that Premier League tosh.

There's a chance I could be contributing to it in the coming weeks, too!

www.fillyourboots.co.uk
    So you haven't started writing for it?

Resident foodie!

I have now. Just not when I first made the thread.

I'll have done four previews for them when it's updated today.