Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women! Learn the offside rule!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Women! Learn the offside rule!

lol Sky football pundits Andy Gray & Richard Keys let slip their real thoughts about female officials in a Ron Atkinson-esque "oops I didn't know our microphones were still on" moment...

...and it wasn't even Amy Rayner this time..,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...l-victory.html

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice 34

Default Re: Women! Learn the offside rule!

Funny as she was bang on with the decision!

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Tudders number 1 fan

I think they will take a hard line with this pair, old furry hands will be looking for a new job later today.

sent from my hide, using a pigeon

No wonder my post count..

Come on EA, sack Andy Gray from commentating on any future FIFAs.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The irony is Andy Gray doesn't seem to know half the laws of the game himself. Tosser

Paul Ince wants to know why she wasn't a black woman!

I do bloody hate Andy Gray. He's so annoyingly over the top lavishing praise on everything Premier League just to shift Sky subscriptions. To me, it's blatent, fake and pathetic.

Banned

Big Brother is not only watching you, but ready to snitch behind your back. Absolute and utterly pathetic, what does the apology mean ?, they meant it or they would not have said it, sorry that small minded whistle blower overheard them or sorry the comments of a private conversation became public.

This Nanny PC State that we all have forced down out throats is continuing to spawn monsters at every turn.

For the record, I have only ever had SKY for one season, the drone and blithering from Gray and Keys drove me mad. especially when I was having to pay to listen to them.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Keys & Gray have apparently been "stood down" for the Monday Night game....

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

TheDude

I can't believe Andy Gray and Richard Keys have been stood down for tonight! Probably their woman boss not knowing what she's doing etc

Default Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Sacked in the morning

Gimp

Default Re: Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousTeam View Post

Sacked in the morning
    Why do you think they should be sacked?

Their remarks were made to each other off-air. It was a private conversation between them. Banter between two people.

I'm sure the vast majority of people have called their boss a tw*t in private, or made some other kind of remark that would have got them in trouble if recored and played back to the wrong people.

Political correctness gone mad.

I'm all for having the leaker of the clip fired.

nakkernino del clusto

ha, it wasnt even live tv, although recorded. Hardly a fat ron/marcel moment

Probably saying what a lot of people are thinking.
    I think they will be in trouble though.

Who is comfortablynumb1975x? A trusted news broadcaster, I assume?

If this is genuine, I still doubt they will be sacked, they'll probably have to make a public apology over it. I think that'd be fair, it's not really a sacking offence but they deserve a bit of humiliation for being such daft old men.

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    Big Brother is not only watching you, but ready to snitch behind your back. Absolute and utterly pathetic, what does the apology mean ?, they meant it or they would not have said it, sorry that small minded whistle blower overheard them or sorry the comments of a private conversation became public.

This Nanny PC State that we all have forced down out throats is continuing to spawn monsters at every turn.
    How is it related to the Nanny State? Those Sky Sports microphones weren't planted there by the government!

Granted, it does have a whiff of polticalcorrectnessgonemad in a sporting business where casual sexism is still rife, but Keys and Gray should (like the rest of us) try harder not to be bigoted old duffers. If they really think women are incapable of understanding the offside rule then they deserved to be made to look like idiots in public, just like anyone who shouts "Get yer tits out for the lads!" or "Go do some ironing!" at a female official from the stands deserve to look like the moron everyone with a bit of sense can see they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How is it related to the Nanny State? Those Sky Sports microphones weren't planted there by the government!

Granted, it does have a whiff of polticalcorrectnessgonemad in a sporting business where casual sexism is still rife, but Keys and Gray should (like the rest of us) try harder not to be bigoted old duffers. If they really think women are incapable of understanding the offside rule then they deserved to be made to look like idiots in public, just like anyone who shouts "Get yer tits out for the lads!" or "Go do some ironing!" at a female official from the stands deserve to look like the moron everyone with a bit of sense can see they are.
    All that needs to be shown is the lass making the correct shout, obviously showing that not only did she understand the offside law, she demonstrated her prowess..................,making two gibbering fools look really silly.

Senior Member?

Is there men officials in the women's game? Really not sure if there is as I've only watched about 2 women's football games on TV in my life but I think, women should stick to women's football & men should stick to men's football.

When was the 1st time a woman official officiated in mens football? What would Brian Clough have thought of the matter if he fell victum to a bad desicion by a woman official when he was managing Forest back in the 1970's?

winnits

He'd probably have said something like:

I like my women to be feminine, not sliding into tackles and covered in mud
    But I don't think, much as I love the man, that what Brian Clough would have thought in the 70s is necessarily a useful bellweather to judge the contemporary game.

I've seen shit male refs, shit female refs, shit black refs, shit white refs.. I don't think any of those variables correlate particularly with the shitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall. View Post
    Is there men officials in the women's game? Really not sure if there is as I've only watched about 2 women's football games on TV in my life but I think, women should stick to women's football & men should stick to men's football.

When was the 1st time a woman official officiated in mens football? What would Brian Clough have thought of the matter if he fell victum to a bad desicion by a woman official when he was managing Forest back in the 1970's?
    I'd rather have a competent female linesman than some of the dirge that have disgraced the touchlines at some of the matches I've seen.

Having said that, I've never seen a female linesman who's better than the average standard. Don't see any real problem with it - but I'm unsure if we'll see female refs anytime soon in male football

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Garth View Post
    I'd rather have a competent female linesman than some of the dirge that have disgraced the touchlines at some of the matches I've seen.

Having said that, I've never seen a female linesman who's better than the average standard. Don't see any real problem with it - but I'm unsure if we'll see female refs anytime soon in male football
    We had one at Coventry last season! Admittedly she replaced the ref who started the match.

It was Amy Raynor (or whatever she's called post-marriage now), and she was proper horseshit.

I couldn't really care less which gender officates a football match, so long as they're up to a good standard. What annoys me massively is the fact that some female officials are purposely and prematurely moved up the pecking order purely because of their gender. As Winnits pointed out, Amy Raynor was simply a shit assistant ref - nothing to do with her being female.

Same goes for black refs, Asian refs or any other minority.

TheDude

MNF without Keys & Grey is not as good.

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    I've seen mules with a better first touch than Arsenal's number 6.