Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 442 and wingers - Or Calderwood OUT

Default 442 and wingers - Or Calderwood OUT

It was easy to see last night that we were crying out for 442 and wingers.....as soon as he did it the game changed completely (McCleary looked lively and Cole looked useful with some service). Now I know he got us promoted but if he can't see that and doesn't start on Saturday like that then IMO he needs to go sometime soon.

Team for Sat:

----------------- Smith ---------------------

Perch --- Wilson --- Breckin --- Lynch

McCleary - Moussi - Cohen - Martin

Cole - Tyson

Subs: Roberts, Chambers, Bennett, Thornhill, Davies(/Sinclair)

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: 442 and wingers - Or Calderwood OUT

Wat bout earnshaw he's fit for sat isn't he? plus way to early for sacking!

plus way to early for sacking!
    Tell that to Geraint Williams of Colchester, Lee Sinnott of Port Vale, Alan Buckley of Grimsby, Keith Downing of Cheltenham and Kevin Bond of Bournemouth.........never mind the suspect departures of Kevin Keegan and Alan Curbishley!!

At the moment I'd like to see a starting line up of this (assuming 4-4-2 is the best formation, even if we're unlikely to start with it):

Smith

Chambers Wilson Lynch Bennett

McLeary Moussi Perch Cohen

Cole Tyson

Surely having a winger in a 4-3-3 structure could suffice. Tyson can play as winger/striker to switching between roles.

I think 4-3-3 is the way foward because it is the only formation that has worked. Put Perch and Lynch as full backs because they will both get foward on the basis of last night. Chambers was too worried about getting caught out even though he had 3 centre backs behind him.

It is something which can be argued and I can see the reason why 4-4-2 looks a good idea but both games we have played and both games we have lost (Preston and Plymouth) and by all accounts on both occassions we looked pretty poor (saw plymouth and heard bad reviews about Preston)

I just think back to our good days and in all the ones we have played a 4-3-3 so surely that is the way foward?

Like I said though I definately see you point about the wingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by elk
    Tell that to Geraint Williams of Colchester, Lee Sinnott of Port Vale, Alan Buckley of Grimsby, Keith Downing of Cheltenham and Kevin Bond of Bournemouth.........never mind the suspect departures of Kevin Keegan and Alan Curbishley!!
    You have to consider though all those sides had poor seasons last term. I think all but one of them were relegated and all those managers were probably kept on based on finances and there isn't much attraction towards Port Vale or Bournemouth is there for a manager.

When a manager gets you promoted the last thing you want to do is a bad string of results you sack him. That is harsh by anyones accounts. Curbs and Keegan left because of their lack of control of transfer activity nothing to do with them under performing. Besides Keegan walks out of every job he has once the going gets tough. I didn't think it would be long before he walked out because nothing is ever perfect at Newcastle. If I'm honest I'm shocked he didn't leave last year when they had all those losses.

I would rather see Perch at right back to be honest. Thornhill in the middle with Cohen and Tyson on the left with Cole partnered by Earnie who is I believe fit for saturday.

The Moose seems out of sorts and perhaps relieveing the pressure and expectation will help him settle further. Have not seen or heard much of Lynch, is he really better than say Chambers,Wes or Breckin in the middle or even Bencherife (?) If so then great, if not then maybe he can solve the right back problem if Perch is retained in midfield. I heard from a Brighton fan that he did well there before Adams arrived.

There is a sense at the moment that everybody is waiting for Garner, Anderson and McGugan to return before the team is settled. They will undoubtedly improve the team but CC must get something sorted, any team on a losing streak gets downhearted and if not careful a gap could quickly open up.

Id rather he just went.The guy is out of is depth.Hes tried every formation know to man.Get someone competant in quick or we re down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Wilse
    It was easy to see last night that we were crying out for 442 and wingers.....as soon as he did it the game changed completely (McCleary looked lively and Cole looked useful with some service).* Now I know he got us promoted but if he can't see that and doesn't start on Saturday like that then IMO he needs to go sometime soon.

Team for Sat:

----------------- Smith ---------------------

Perch --- Wilson --- Breckin --- Lynch

McCleary - Moussi - Cohen - Martin

* * * * * * * * * * Cole - Tyson

Subs: Roberts, Chambers, Bennett, Thornhill, Davies(/Sinclair)
    Roberts has gone on loan to Rushden again...

http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumt...409780,00.html

Victor Meldrew

In the Burnley game we were using wingers for the first time in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    In the Burnley game we were using wingers for the first time in years.
    We used McCleary and Martin against Watford, Davies and Cohen against Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc666
    Id rather he just went.The guy is out of is depth.Hes tried every formation know to man.Get someone competant in quick or we re down.
    Is this the same guy that was too incompetent last year to get us in the championship?

Is this the same guy that was too incompetent last year to get us in the championship?Yes this is the same guy who was too incompetent last year and the year before that.
    We got promotion last year through the luck that other teams had really really poor finish's to the season not through anything Colin did for us.

Colin you should have gone after Doncaster last season at the very latest, please go now and let us get someone in to build on what you have left us with.

Quote Originally Posted by LeicsTricky
    We got promotion last year through the luck that other teams had really really poor finish's to the season not through anything Colin did for us.
    That has recently been answered in another thread. Put simply, why is it luck other teams had their bad patch at the end, but not luck that they were above us in the first place, because we had our bad patch in the middle?

We were the 2nd best team overall. Simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc666
    Ooh look, another person saying "get someone in" but not suggesting who. There is nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    That has recently been answered in another thread. Put simply, why is it luck other teams had their bad patch at the end, but not luck that they were above us in the first place, because we had our bad patch in the middle?

We were the 2nd best team overall. Simple as.

Ooh look, another person saying "get someone in" but not suggesting who. There is nobody!
    Wow some one who actually has some sense.
    Calling last season lucky is ridiculous were man u lucky? no? they only won by a few points and a superior goal difference.

This season colin has been very unlucky 2 goalsd against burnley neither should of happened as both were not fouls, 2 goals against swansea were 1 lucky 2 not a penalty, yesterday 1 flukey goal and 1 amazing goal keeper kept us out.

TBH i also don'tcare what formation we play 5 3 2 worked in parts yesterday so stick with it.

winnits

Ah, hang on, you can't have your cake and eat it.

If you're saying that Forest weren't lucky last season, you can't really say they have been unlucky this season... can you? That feels somewhat inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits

If you're saying that Forest weren't lucky last season, you can't really say they have been unlucky this season... can you? That feels somewhat inconsistent.
    Good point i suppose and true.
    You can't get lucky for 46 games that'd be a ridiculous season, but you can get lucky and unlucky for a few games.

Over the courseof a season it generally balances out, we will get a few dodgy decisions in our favour this year and a few lucky deflections to balance the bad luck thus far.

oopsy daisy!

If you're saying that Forest weren't lucky last season, you can't really say they have been unlucky this season... can you?* That feels somewhat inconsistent.
    That was the point I tried to make last night but it got rather sidestepped.

Having said that - we have been somewhat unlucky this season - how much of that is our own making is open to conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble
    Over the courseof a season it generally balances out, we will get a few dodgy decisions in our favour this year and a few lucky deflections to balance the bad luck thus far.
    well i hope your right and it does balance itself out,, because the amount of bad fortune we've had so far has been phenominal!,, if it evens itself out we'd go up as champions for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    well i hope your right and it does balance itself out,, because the amount of bad fortune we've had so far has been phenominal!,, if it evens itself out we'd go up as champions for sure
    Well it's not written in stone but surely the strange goals and decisions against us have to stop.

winnits

Tell you what, I'm looking forward to the insane refereeing decisions in our favour and the completely bonkers deflections/own goals/general lunacy in our favour we have to look forward to over the forthcoming season, then!

a fatty commons hatrick of own goals at pride park next month would go someway to paying us back with some luck

Tell you what, I'm looking forward to the insane refereeing decisions in our favour and the completely bonkers deflections/own goals/general lunacy in our favour we have to look forward to over the forthcoming season, then!
    I'm sure we will get some, we got both last season for and against

Anyway luck doesn't have to be in the same form, it can happen in any way shape or form, from the opposition squandering shot after shot and us nicking a 1 nil victory, can be a dodgy decison or a massive deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    a fatty commons hatrick of own goals at pride park next month would go someway to paying us back with some luck
    I'd rather no us all our good fortune in one match, but if it's against Dierby, so be it.

How many times did we ever get a deflected goal last season?! I can only remember Cohen's at home to Millwall. Don't remember any dodgy penalties either! Always see these penalties given for 'handball' in the area when the guy could do nowt about it, I'd like one of those please

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    How many times did we ever get a deflected goal last season?!* I can only remember Cohen's at home to Millwall.* Don't remember any dodgy penalties either!* Always see these penalties given for 'handball' in the area when the guy could do nowt about it, I'd like one of those please
    I thought that was against Huddersfield on NYD. When it looped over the keeper?