Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those Out Of Contract This Summer

Default Those Out Of Contract This Summer

There are 7/8 Forest players out of contract coming up this summer - but the main ones (those below) will be of most interested to us.

The question is now - who will we retain and get to sign another contract and who will go?

Guy Moussi - Robert Earnshaw - Kelvin Wilson - Dele Adebola & Nathan Tyson

My feelings are - only The Moose & Earnie will still be here next season.

Your thoughts:

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Best served cold

Default Re: Those Out Of Contract This Summer

Wouldnt be too unhappy with the moose and tyson leaving, but would hope we can keep wilson and earnie and even dele.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

yam

Keep: Earnshaw, Wilson (if he wants to stay)
    Undecided: The moose
    Bye and thanks: Tyson, Adebola

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    yep, agreed. Though I think it looks likely Wilson will leave and overall, I'd probably keep Moussi, unless you can find any one much better

Earnshaw was reported to be in talks since November so I can't see him leaving, what could go possibly wrong with the board!

Wilson seems to be going to Celtic or Leeds every other week.

The Moose, Tyson and Adebola are not consitant enough to keep in a team that is bordering on the anorexic with concern to it's width and depth.

I'd keep Moussi. He's a little bit inconsistant but a good asset at this level. Earnie will hopefully sign a new contract. Wilson depends if he gets an offer from Celtic - Leeds is a bit of a sideways step.

Tyson should have been sold in the summer so to lose him for free a year on is bad business but something I expect to happen. Dele should retire.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Earnshaw has got to stay, simple as that

If Wilson wants to stay we should try to keep him here. If he's being a prick then we should get rid.

We could give the Moose one extra year and if he doesn't improve after that then he's gone. Plus I hear from a mate that a French team are apparantly checking him out.

Dele has been pretty decent when he's come on this season, but he should be moved on to make way for one of the many signings we are bound to make this January :P

Same goes with Tyson - he's not a winger and is a pretty average forward, so if he goes at the end of the season there would be space in the squad for Billy to get an out-and-out wide midfielder

Banned

It wouldn't surprise me if Tyson stays. Why would we turn down a bid of around a million in the summer just to release him on a free in a years time?

winnits

Currently I would be inclined to keep him anyway, any final decisions obviously hinge on what (if any) incoming signings we are able to secure...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Currently I would be inclined to keep him anyway, any final decisions obviously hinge on what (if any) incoming signings we are able to secure...
    Agreed. I wonder if Billy recommended that we keep him in the summer thinking we weren't going to sign anyone so we'd be better off with him in the squad then getting the cash?

I like Earnie. I know he isn't firing at the mo, but he's a great finisher in the champ (even better than grant holt!)
    Sorry Tyson, time to move on

Moussi has done enough to earn a new contract, if he was more consistent he'd be a great player and that's what he'll be working on. Thought he did well against palace.

Don't mind Dele and Tyson going (love them both but wont mind of they move on), keep Earnie and Wilson of they want to stay.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the snake View Post
    I like Earnie. I know he isn't firing at the mo, but he's a great finisher in the champ (even better than grant holt!)
    Can't agree with you there - he's had two good half seasons out of two and a half seasons. Time to look elsewhere.

Admittedly he is due a good half season - and I wouldn't mind if he pulled it out of the bag round about now.

JOIN ME

all new contracts apart from adebola.

TheDude

Let 'em all go, get new better players in. Unless they all take pay cuts.

I'm pretty sure Earnshaw has come out and said to the press that he wants a new contract.

JOIN ME

even tho tyson cant control, cant shoot, cant head, cant pass, cant tackle.....he still has the pace to shit scare anyone in this league, and most of the premiership.

TheDude

If only he was told to stay up when we are defending a corner

Really hope we keep Moussi, Earnie and Wilson. Tyson and Adebola can leave for all I care.

We have to do all we can to keep Earnie, he's consistently scored goals at this level and I have no doubt that if we let him go, he'll find himself at another Championship club and bang the goals in there too. Wilson, as shown last season is a top defender, again at this level, and personally even though Chambo is playing well he'd be in my first team. Though there's not much we can do if he really wants to leave. Moussi is the most frustrating player ever. One game he's looking like he could play in the Premiership, and the next he wouldn't look out of place in a Sunday league team. If he can sort out his consistency issues though, we'll have a real player on our hands.

i thought McGugans contract was up this summer too?

personally i would keep all of them, though its looking likely Wilson wont sign a new contract anyway, adebola and tyson arent world beaters, but they are perfectly adequate backup strikers on low wages, unless we can sign someone else who is better, we shouldnt be getting rid of them at all, even Dele i would give another season

winnits

No, McGugan's good 'til 2012

FOREST!

keep: wilson(new 3 year contract), moussi(new 2 year contract) and earnshaw(new 2 year contract)

Sell Tyson in january and let adebola go

anybody know when anderson is out of contract?

TheDude

I like having Tyson on the bench to come on when some fresh legs are needed.

Personally, i think all but Dele & Wilson (apparently going to Celtic) will get a new contract offered.
    Earnshaw, Tyson and Moussi WILL still be Forest players next season.