Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the forum rules?

yam

Default What happened to the forum rules?

I've read threads where people have expressed an opinion which others (including myself) may not agree with. Does that mean that they should be called "****", "twat" and "fucking parasite"?

Is this board going the same way as other forums?

Get a grip moderators before LTLF turns to shit.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: What happened to the forum rules?

See http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=28622.0

Also, if you see a post that you think breaks any of the forum rules, please use the 'Report to moderator' link...

yam

Fair enough but my point is this forum used to be a place without personal insults.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I'm usually reluctant to press the 'report' button - free speech and all that, but I'm sure most of people on here recognise the kind of poster who needs an electronic slap.

Or preferably a length of 4 by 2 round the side of the head, repeatedly.

It's clear, reading the now-locked Plymouth match-thread that most of what a certain poster wrote was mindless vile filth, and the rest was abuse.

Perhaps the 'report to moderator' link could be expanded to include the means to 'report a poster'.

Often it's not a single post, but an accumulation of smaller ones that all add up.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman
    I'm usually reluctant to press the 'report' button - free speech and all that, but I'm sure most of people on here recognise the kind of poster who needs an electronic slap.

Or preferably a length of 4 by 2 round the side of the head, repeatedly.

It's clear, reading the now-locked Plymouth match-thread that most of what a certain poster wrote was mindless vile filth, and the rest was abuse.

Perhaps the 'report to moderator' link could be expanded to include the means to 'report a poster'.

Often it's not a single post, but an accumulation of smaller ones that all add up.

I agree with him too

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    See http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=28622.0

Also, if you see a post that you think breaks any of the forum rules, please use the 'Report to moderator' link...
    Like i did when "swansea jack" was mouthing off, looks like he was banned as all his posts disapeard!

I must agree that I have felt a little uncomfortable with some recent posts, not so much because of the level of swearing, but because of the disrespectful content.

Rules only mean something if they're enforced but it's simply not possible for the 'moderators' to read and respond to every post. We, therefore, rely upon an element of sensibility and maturity which is one thing that makes this forum unique and different to all others.

Should anyone feel offended by anything posted by anybody, then the 'report to moderator' is there for that reason.

Personal differences should be dealt with by PM.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman
    That's what the new yellow/red card system aims to address *- before we were issuing strikes based on single rule breakages, but now it'll be easier to issue a yellow or red card for general twatishness.

Please be patient with the mods though as we can't be watching the forum all the time, nor read all the threads, which is one of the reasons why the 'report' button is so useful for us, or you can PM me or Winnits if you have any concerns.

Ooooh I like the yellow / red card idea.

Just out of curiousity, what would constitute a yellow card, do two yellows constitute a red and just how naughty do you need to be to receive a straight red?

How about other forms of punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    Ooooh I like the yellow / red card idea.*

Just out of curiousity, what would constitute a yellow card, do two yellows constitute a red and just how naughty do you need to be to receive a straight red?

How about other forms of punishment?* *
    The hope with any of these things is that offenders will see the error of their ways. A friendly word might be enough to solve any problem, but we'll be issuing yellows for persistent rule-breaking. Once someone's been 'booked', we'll be keeping a close eye and if they continue to break rules then it'll be an early bath. Straight reds will only be used for completely hopeless cases.

Of course, every case is different so other forms of discipline may be applied :P

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

[img width=45 height=35]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Fred_Blogs/twat.gif[/img]

or

[img width=50 height=44]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Fred_Blogs/Spankarse.gif[/img] ?

I think TBT would vote for (2)....

It personally doesn't overly bother me. I have been given a lot of stick on here. I just see it as people who can't accept someone having the right opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    It personally doesn't overly bother me. I have been given a lot of stick on here. I just see it as people who can't accept someone having the right opinion
    There's no such thing as a "right opinion". So nur!

Can you earn a yellow card for pedantry?

JOIN ME

somebody please think of the children!

cmon were all adults, im sure we can all hack a lil bit of swearing.

West of the sacred and mighty River Erewash.

Ooooh I like the yellow / red card idea.*

How about other forms of punishment?* *
    Good thinking T.B.T. * I propose we go down the parliamentary route and appoint a CHIEF WHIP.

Or am I about to be ex-communicated?

Please, please, everyone, avoid the personal insults. *They add nothing to the argument.

Rice IV

Yellow and red cards? Who is to be the first wes morgan?

Talk to me, Goose.

There has been a fair few insults flying round, not just from new members but from other more regular posters...arguments are fine but theres not need for outright insults to anyone (unless they support Liverpool)

Could we also investigate the possibility of limiting the number of threads someone can start in a day or something similar? It might encourage people to think a bit more before they start yet another discussion about the fact that Darren Huckerby is out of contract and was good for us several years ago (for instance...).

Rice IV

I have just noticed the rather absurd amount of Calderwood threads.

I know neither Alex or Al get to spend enough time on here to start merging all of the multiple topics, so it the boards tend to get clogged.

Some people seem to forget that mods are real (ish) people too!

Scandalous and Shameless

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan J Shamrock
    Yellow and red cards? Who is to be the first wes morgan?
    Well it would appear that jrthelord has been red carded!

I must agree that I have felt a little uncomfortable with some recent posts, not so much because of the level of swearing, but because of the disrespectful content.
    And whether you like them or not, this should count towards players and staff of NFFC too. It could also get the plug pulled on this site, no? I don't think any of us would want that.

I've mostly ignored it lately but the first couple of pages are full of one sentance posts simply slagging people off in nasty ways who, let's face it, have done nothing more than have a bad game of football. I'm all up for well debated opinions and what not, but the place is getting nasty at times lately, so I'm just avoiding it.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardinho
    Well it would appear that jrthelord has been red carded!
    Surely that was a straight, and deserved, red?

Wes Morgan is a sh*thouse, Calderwood's a clueless w*nker and jrthelord is without doubt the biggest absolute f*cking mor...........

Oh sorry, wrong thread.

Victor Meldrew

I love a challenge.
    What do you have to do to get yellow carded?

What about if I tell the story about the big gay gangbang between Winnits, Alex, StuC, Col and the Prince of Wales. I have the pictures all securely recorded on my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    I love a challenge.
    What do you have to do to get yellow carded?

What about if I tell the story about the big gay gangbang between Winnits, Alex, StuC, Col and the Prince of Wales.* I have the pictures all securely recorded on my mobile phone.
    id say im gagging for a wank send me the proof!