Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proud to be a Forest Fan!!!

Default Proud to be a Forest Fan!!!

I posted in another thread last night that my younger brother came up to me last night and asked me if it was ok if he brought a Manchester United shirt.

He's even asking if he can buy a Hull shirt this morning after I mentioned they'd beat Arsenal.

Forest are bottom of the Championship, yet I'm sat in my Forest training shirt and proud that I support Forest and will be 'Forest till I die'

I remember after the final whistle at QPR 3 years ago to confirm our relegation. Arms in the air screaming 'FOREST TILL I DIE'* it brought a lump to my throat and that still is the most amazing moment of passion I've felt at a football match ... where is this passion going ? Everywhere you look its Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts !!

This morning my brother was almost in tears when I asked him why he didn't want a Forest shirt and it seems that he's being laughed at and called by others at school for supporting Forest.

I can't believe that an 8 year old boy can't go to school in Nottingham without being bullied for supporting Nottingham Forest

Personally I've never worn another teams shirt other than Forest and England and never will ... is it ok to wear another teams shirt ?

Is it ok to support two teams?

Is it just because Forest are playing shit, I remember commenting upon the rise in Forest shirts around back in may ...

AGhh!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Default Re: Proud to be a Forest Fan?

Never be ashamed; not matter what the current team/staff serve up.

You should always be proud, even when the bastards let us down.

JOIN ME

Arnold Town is the way forward.

Of course I'm proud...hell, at least it's not boring.

Forest until I die. I will wear the red shirt with pride wherever I go in the world.

I've just seen someone wearing a Manchester United shirt at the Portsmouth match.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonk
    Arnold Town is the way forward.
    That's only because the way backwards is blocked by a dead end.

Yes.

It is only acceptable to support two teams if the second team is worse than your first, best if non-league because clubs need every penny they can get at that level.

I will always be proud of being a Forest fan, no matter how much I loathe the chairman, manager and whatever useless players are bottling it against whatever opponent. It's in the blood I'm afraid.

Forest til I die.

i'll ALWAYS be proud to be a Forest fan. Best club in existence.

We'll pull through this bad patch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    It is only acceptable to support two teams if the second team is worse than your first, best if non-league because clubs need every penny they can get at that level.

I will always be proud of being a Forest fan, no matter how much I loathe the chairman, manager and whatever useless players are bottling it against whatever opponent. It's in the blood I'm afraid.
    I do go to Havant and Waterlooville games, whenever I'm not a forest match, only becuase I enjoy to watch football.

And NO it is not acceptable to support another team, or wear another teams shirt

im forest til i die! no one else has my support i admore other teams but would not say i supported them

Quote Originally Posted by dazsin
    And NO it is not acceptable to support another team, or wear another teams shirt
    YES!

My point exactly ... I hate nothing more than when you ask someone who they support and they say 'Man United and Forest' *or when someone wears a Liverpool shirt at a Forest game

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!

I've just seen someone wearing a Manchester United shirt at the Portsmouth match.

I saw a Walsall, Cheltenham and Liverpool shirts all in the forest end yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky O'trees12
    YES!

My point exactly ... I hate nothing more than when you ask someone who they support and they say 'Man United and Forest' *or when someone wears a Liverpool shirt at a Forest game

I saw someone at the Charlton game wearing a Liverpool shirt to see Forest play. Its crazyy.

Scandalous and Shameless

I remember when we got relegated under Brian Clough, I was 11 and the boys in my village all supported Leicester and took the piss cos we had got relegated. *

I pretended to be a Man Utd supporter but could only keep it up for a day as I didn't know the name of any Man Utd players! My dad then persuaded me to stay true to myself and that it didn't matter that I supported a different team, and through continuing to go to games (the following season saw my first experience of the old Trent End, standing on a milk crate so I could see the pitch!) I never stopped loving Forest.

I guess my point is that if you keep talking about Forest to your brother and take him to games as much as you possibly can then he will continue to keep an interest in Forest until he's abit older and realises that it doesn't matter if people take the piss out of who you support. *

I believe it's in your blood and you can't do anything to change your team. *Your brother will see that in time. *

Forest til I die!

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    I saw a Walsall, Cheltenham and Liverpool shirts all in the forest end yesterday.
    I was sat behind a D*rby fan as well

Im off to my friends for a roast in a bit. Her mum, dad, and 2 brothers are all avid Plymouth fans. Il be turning up in my Forest shirt and wearing it with pride, even if the team arent exactly making me proud right now

As i didn't grow up in Nottingham, it was always at school, "That's the lad that supports Forest; their s**te". I was never embarrassed because the chances where I knew more about the team that they supported than they did. Forest is a unique team to support from my neck of the woods!

This is my first year as a ST holder (19 yo, up to Nottingham every other weekend on my own) and I f**king love it, regardless of how s**t we can be and regardless of how they let me down.

Forest till I die.

It seems the competitive monopolisation policies of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Hull is taking over the hearts of young football fans..

Call the competition commission - get this stopped!

Scandalous and Shameless

In fact, I feel really proud of the fact that I don't support a team that everyone supports. *

Especially living in London, I imagine I get a better (and more interested) reaction when I say I support Forest than I would do if I said I supported Arsenal. *It's always a good conversation point and provides plenty of banter. *

Rice 13

I'll always be a proud Forest fan could never look at another club and say they are my team.

Even though we aren't doing great at the minute whenever I've been abroad on holiday, when I've spoke to the locals they all seem to know of the club which makes me feel good about supporting them.

I'll always be Forest, even if we go into the cest pit which is league one again. Not saying we will because there is time yet to be saved but if we did it wouldn't stop me supporting my team, I'd buy a season ticket no matter what league were in.

I'm proud that I don't support a top a top flight team, my school and 6th form is full of "glory hunters" who support teams like Liverpool, Chelski and Manure. I'm glad I'm different from the rest, and at least supporting our team isn't boring

Quote Originally Posted by Davie
    As i didn't grow up in Nottingham, it was always at school, "That's the lad that supports Forest; their s**te".
    Ah now that I can sympathise with! I spent my school days surrounded by Leeds, Liverpool and Man Utd fans...hated it though in a way I wish I could see some of those Leeds supporters now.

nakkernino del clusto

I dont walk down the streets chanting 'forest till i die' but im a proud fan regardless