Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again... Billy vs The Board, Part 23597743

Footy Manager Researcher

Default Here we go again... Billy vs The Board, Part 23597743

http://bit.ly/9tGmkD

Billy Davies's position at Nottingham Forest is looking increasingly bleak after it emerged he had been reprimanded for apparently working only three days a week.
    Nigel Doughty, the Forest owner, telephoned Davies last week to take issue with the way the manager was not devoting more time to the club. Doughty is unhappy that Davies flies to Glasgow to see his family after Saturday matches and does not return to Nottingham until Thursday mornings.
    Davies also missed two matches recently because of illness and a senior source at the City Ground said: "We have asked questions about the amount of time the manager is spending at the club."
    After finishing third in the Championship last season Forest's 1-1 draw at Watford yesterday leaves them 14th and Doughty made it clear to Davies that he does not think it is acceptable to be putting in so few hours.
    The team have won only two away games in 2010 and there is concern about the frequency with which goals have been conceded from set pieces. Doughty, who usually tries not to interfere with team planning, is understood to have put it to Davies that this could be eradicated with more practice.
    Davies has been a frequent and outspoken critic of the Forest hierarchy, specifically their failure to back him more in the transfer market, and outlined his latest frustrations during a radio interview yesterday in which he barely concealed his anger with the Doughty regime.
    His relationship with the board has become a major issue at the City Ground and the Scot was summoned to an end-of-season meeting to answer allegations that he was looking to find a way out of the club.
    That meeting ended with all parties shaking hands and agreeing to wipe the slate clean but Davies was incensed the club did not bring in any of the transfer targets he had identified over the summer and has been managing the team this season amid a backdrop of political infighting and simmering tensions.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Victor Meldrew

Default Re: Here we go again... Billy vs The Board, Part 23597743

What is the collective noun for a testicle?

winnits

Testi-clay?

More 'senior source' muckraking from Daniel Taylor. If it weren't for Billy's tantrum before I'd be disappointed but I suppose this might at least exacerbate the need for some kind of air-clearing between the various levels of the club.

TheDude

Billy can be a pain when he's not 100% happy and focused on the job in hand.

Worrying.

I rate Billy as a manager but I don't feel being around the players only a couple of days a week is acceptable.

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Testi-clay?

More 'senior source' muckraking from Daniel Taylor. If it weren't for Billy's tantrum before I'd be disappointed but I suppose this might at least exacerbate the need for some kind of air-clearing between the various levels of the club.
    When I first wrote on these forum pages, I felt so happy when someone acknowledged me. It was always Winnits, he made me feel welcome and that my contribution was not a load of bollocks. I claimed to be either a Forest player or someone who had just left the club.

For about the last five years I have realised that my contribution was always a load of utter rubbish. I'd rather not be acknowledged. People who want to chat, go outside the house and talk to people. I don't even like Forest or football or sport either. I like chocolate, sex and roast chicken.

Last one standing

We should move the club up to Scotland to be closer to Billy Davies.

TheDude

Thought he would of moved down here by now, was he doing the same at sheep fc ?

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by nottmdude View Post
    would of
    Ooh dear, don't let winnits see that... lol

TheDude

ohh shizzer, i iz havin da bad 1 2day!

winnits

It's okay, I've been watching Phoneshop so am at least partially immune for a while.

TheDude

nakkernino del clusto

daniel taylor doesnt like billy

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Worrying.

I rate Billy as a manager but I don't feel being around the players only a couple of days a week is acceptable.
    It is totally unacceptable if true.

Worrying....

Banned

This cannot be good for the club or players. As a fan I am starting to get just a bit sick of the same record from Davies. To me if he has such a major problem, the way to deal with it is knock on Doughty's door, sort these things out behind the scenes.

It is because of this, I feel that Davies is getting his excuses in first, I feel that he will leave Forest at the first oppotunity, blaming everyone else but himself for going.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    More 'senior source' muckraking from Daniel Taylor
    It's all he's ever got to say. Each time these single-note articles come along, I wait for the inevitable parting of the ways and it never comes. I'm sure this has to be the third or fourth time now. Even if it's suddenly true, Taylor's the boy who cried wolf.

Not that I approve of Davies not being at work half the time, should that be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by nottmdude View Post
    Thought he would of moved down here by now, was he doing the same at sheep fc ?
    I've got no idea. I didn't hear similar stories when he was with us.

This is me playing devils advocate but so what if he isnt there; the team will still practice the same things and procedures. The instructions given to the team will be the same from ned as they would have been from billy if he was there. If billy is at home watching dvds of potential signings for most the week whilst ned takes training then im happy with that because the directions from ned will have been given to him from davies.

However if he isnt looking at new signings whilst in scotland and not taking training then grrrrrr billy!!!! lol

So why doesn't Davies just fax down the teamsheet and text tactics to Ned whilst listening on Forest Player?

Absentee managers are bad enough when one works in an office. If he can't turn up half the time why should his staff? We hear much about players being lambasted by managers for being unwilling to move to within a reasonable distance of the club they play for. Is Scotland a reasonable distance? Is it fuck.

I reiterate that this is all hypothetical, frankly the more I think about the idea the less feasible I find it. If it is true, I'll be rather surprised. I'm sure he's done it and probably more than once but if it were a weekly thing Marthur would have taken him to task on it before now.

Still, remember when we used to have managers we wished would only turn up for three days a week?

Anyone bored enough to go though Taylor's "guess what" posts (not just about Forest) and see how many of them turned out to be true?

Considering he's the Grauniad's main Man U man he was all over Rooney to City. When you're paid to write the news there's no such thing as no news, even if there's no news.

TheDude

Billy should buy himself a copy of Football Manager 2011. I'm Forest of course, with the same squad and the loan signings of Jeffrey Bruma, Barry Bannan, Gael Kakuta and Chris Wood. Forest are top as of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    We should move the club up to Scotland to be closer to Billy Davies.
    I concur!

Birtles reckons boss Davies needs to get his side to win ugly to cure the away blues - rather than splashing out.

Forest have only won twice on the road in 2010. But Davies said: "I'm the manager. I know best. I'm here every single day. Garry Birtles doesn't see the morning, noon and night at Forest seven days a week.'

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz14eJ6Tld0

Good one Billy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Anyone bored enough to go though Taylor's "guess what" posts (not just about Forest) and see how many of them turned out to be true?

Considering he's the Grauniad's main Man U man he was all over Rooney to City. When you're paid to write the news there's no such thing as no news, even if there's no news.
    This same story was tweeted by another journo prior to Taylor's article going live. Maybe Forest want their 'story' out there. Especially after the hysterical ranting on Saturday.

The only other story of this ilk I remember him writing was back in the summer claiming 'showdown talks' after Billy's eye fluttering at Celtic. Doughty confirmed they had talks but played down the 'showdown'-ness of them, obviously.

I've heard he spends lots of time in Scotland and that he also spend the recent international break on holiday in America. So it wouldn't suprise me if this 3 day week thing is correct.

Best served cold

Nigel Doughty, the Forest owner, telephoned Davies last week to take issue with the way the manager was not devoting more time to the club. Doughty is unhappy that Davies flies to Glasgow to see his family after Saturday matches and does not return to Nottingham until Thursday mornings.
    So, this has been happening for nigh on 2 years, and only now doughty has decided to take issue with it?

I think this is bullsh** to be honest, doughty frequently talks about family, and how his and billys go for dinner reguarly- so I cant see doughty being all that ate up about it.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers