Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Petrus Ferdinandus Johannes Stevenson

Default Petrus Ferdinandus Johannes Stevenson

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Swedish Meatball

Default Re: Petrus Ferdinandus Johannes Stevenson

...the reputed £7,000 a week he was being offered might be "good enough for the homeless" to live on "but not for an international striker."

This thread should have come with an advisory about the contents of the link. I clicked on it and instantly had simultaneous urges to punch stuff and throw up.

I don't agree with his actions at Forest, but we saw what he was like as we signed him and we know now looking at his record that Scolar and those bastards should have fallen over to accommodate him. I'm againstCooper ging, Gemmil being dropped and I missed Campbell despite his back. So probably really I do agree with his point but not how he made it. Imagine if he'd stayed, tried, and kept us up? How many potential signings did his strop put off from coming to us?

He made a big mistake in Forest terms, but we are the ones who paid for it. Also, literally, as I recall. Didn't he claim back his wages from his strike, thereby demonstrating his lack of understanding of industrial action. He should also have realised that in Nottinghamshire, one is usually the very last to go on strike

What a name, and what a player.

Wasn't good when he went on strike but stood up to the clowns that ran the circus at Forest at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy
    I don't agree with his actions at Forest, but we saw what he was like as we signed him and we know now looking at his record that Scolar and those b*****ds should have fallen over to accommodate him. I'm againstCooper ging, Gemmil being dropped and I missed Campbell despite his back. So probably really I do agree with his point but not how he made it. Imagine if he'd stayed, tried, and kept us up? How many potential signings did his strop put off from coming to us?

He made a big mistake in Forest terms, but we are the ones who paid for it. Also, literally, as I recall. Didn't he claim back his wages from his strike, thereby demonstrating his lack of understanding of industrial action. He should also have realised that in Nottinghamshire, one is usually the very last to go on strike

I think he also claimed a 'loyalty bonus' for his time here. If I remember rightly, he was paid it too.

winnits

Which also reflects rather badly on those in charge at the time who presumably signed off the agreement for said bonus...

Pierre only came back to us with this claim as the owners put it in writing and he had evidence for the courts.But it was settled with an out of court settlement,Another reason why this club was being run like a circus with mickey mouse agreements.

I dont blame Pierre for going on strike. The decisions made by management to sell some of our main players was stupid and his initial strike reasoning was justified. If I had come to a club with the sole aim to keep the team up (then to gain promotion) and then once this was achieved for the club to sell the main players, I would feel cheated. He was a sensational player and one of few that I remember from my time watching Forest. He may have caused reprocussions on the future of the club but his actions were secondary to those of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Which also reflects rather badly on those in charge at the time who presumably signed off the agreement for said bonus...*
    As far as I understand it (though this probably doesn't apply in all cases), players get a loyalty bonus for every year they stay at a club (or something similar), and are also paid it if they are sold, but handing in a transfer request waives the bonus, which is why some players make it clear they want to leave and yet don't ask to in so many words.