Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Davies desperate to crack Prem

Hybrid View

Default Davies desperate to crack Prem

Sadly I couldn't wring any innuendo out of this one.

Ode Billy is at it again anyway, its fair to say he's fucking annoyed we never got anyone in January last year.

Surely he won't stand for the same thing again this winter?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...487665,00.html

Billy Davies believes he has 'unfinished business' in the Premier League and is desperate for another shot at the big time.
    His only experience of life in the top flight to date came with Derby, who he guided through the Championship play-offs in 2006/07.
    He was, however, given just 12 games among England's elite before being shown the door, with a slow start to the season costing him his job.
    Davies has regrouped since then and came close to leading current charges Nottingham Forest into the top tier last term.
    The Scot is determined to make that step up sooner rather than later and is confident he could mix it with the big boys if given a 'fair crack'.
    Davies told the Daily Star: "My up is the Premier League. I've unfinished business there.
    "I want to challenge myself. I want to get back on a level playing field, to spend the necessary money to compete at that level.
    "I would have liked to have been given more time and 12 games by Derby was too soon.
    "Derby got there too early. Two years too early. We didn't spend enough when we arrived and then the club was sold. I have not had a fair crack in the Premier League."
    Outspoken

Davies is confident he can take Forest back to the Promised Land but has regularly aired his disappointment at the club's failure to back him in the transfer market.
    He believes the Reds could already be in the Premier League were he given money to spend in January and hopes similar mistakes will be avoided this term.
    Davies added: "When you are second and hit the transfer window that is when I became outspoken.
    "We were five points clear in January, 20 games undefeated, in a good position to make a couple of signings. We had just beaten West Brom 3-1 and were going for it.
    "I said to them (the board) this is the moment and I was disappointed when they said no.
    "We should be in the Premier League now. We needed to keep Nicky Shorey and bring in one or two.
    "I have an acquisition committee at Forest. They listen to me and then decide. All I can do is advise. I have not made a permanent signing for the last 15 months."

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Davies desperate to crack Prem

When we get promoted (!) we'll have to give him 13 games before we give him the sack.

Sounds like an early Christmas list to me, as our board have the memory of a goldfish asking for his presents two months in advance doesn't make much sense. In fact, it makes as much sense as spending a shit load of money on a team in 13th place in January.

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Sadly I couldn't wring any innuendo out of this one.

Ode Billy is at it again anyway, its fair to say he's fucking annoyed we never got anyone in January last year.

Surely he won't stand for the same thing again this winter?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...487665,00.html
    My feeling is that Billy won't let this thing go as he feels the need to keep the pressure on the AP in prep for January 2011, as he's concerned that he's not going to get the backing he was outrageously denied last January.

Either that or he's a bloody horrible little mardy jock that's obsessed with making excuses in prepartion for his dismissal in any job.

Or both.

Its getting boring now billy; you just keep saying the same thing and getting the excuses in early. Billy is like a robot, he has been programmed to say the same things over and over and tbh its boring

Best served cold

I just wish journalists would stop asking him the same question.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

"I said to them (the board) this is the moment and I was disappointed when they said no

Did this actually happen?? (i.e: BD said 'this is the moment' and they said 'no') - I thought it was just that the targets were unattainable at that point in time, e.g: Shorey - he was always going to go to a premier league club once he had put himself back in the shop window again with us - I don't think we ever really had a realistic hope of signing him permanently (unless they could have maybe persuaded him that promotion was a definite that season, but highly unlikely). As for Moses, again he was always going to a premier league club. And Pratley, well, we did bid for him (anything up to £1.5m if reports are to be believed) but these were rejected.

So, again, these articles just skew the facts.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I had weetabix for breakfast

We only need telling once, shut up Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Gibbons View Post

We only need telling once, shut up Billy
    You're breakfast habits aren't worth £80 million like promotion is to be fair though ...

You're breakfast habits aren't worth £80 million like promotion is to be fair though ...
    How do you know? I'm starting a social network site called Breakfastbook - we'll see who's laughing then sweetcheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Gibbons View Post
    How do you know? I'm starting a social network site called Breakfastbook - we'll see who's laughing then sweetcheeks
    I had toast and shreddies for my breakfast, not on the same plate/dish though of course. You should start your site Wotton, it'd be massive, if a little boring after the first few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I had toast and shreddies for my breakfast, not on the same plate/dish though of course. You should start your site Wotton, it'd be massive, if a little boring after the first few days.
    You are only as boring as what you have for breakfast DanR.

I had weetabix this morning, but tomorrow I'll have crepes and a 6 foot woman

oopsy daisy!

Neither do his weetabix cost £2m and above.....

Come to think of it, I bet he doesn't have a breakfast aquisition panel to work around either.

I think that Billy will leave if we don't get anyone in the next transfer window! Not sure who I would have as a replacement for him?

I wish he'd stop looking at past failures and find some targets we'd actually be able to afford and hopefully sign to get us promoted. It's not healthy moaning about last season most of the time.

Left Winger

I had a large Whiskey for breakfast, but can see that Billy will keep on banging out the same tune, as long as the same questions are asked.

We know he didn't get the players he wanted last January.

We know that (possibly...) cost us a shot at the Premier League.

Come on Billy, let's move on. Show us what you can do with the team we do have, and let's hope that the Board at least try and make a signing or two (even extending the loan of young Bertrand would be a good shout).

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

yam

He's forgotten that he signed Raddy on a pemanent not too long ago.

Not a "new player" granted but changing from "loan signing" surely warrants classing as a "permanent signing".

Other than that - same old sob story.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Other than that - same old sob story.
    It is.

But then, I suppose we have to be fair to him and also say 'same old question'.

How else is he going to answer it when he gets asked 'How do you feel about not getting anyone last January, costing you another chance at the Premiership?' Especially when he's already made his position abundantly clear. He's left himself no room for manouvre.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How else is he going to answer it when he gets asked 'How do you feel about not getting anyone last January, costing you another chance at the Premiership?' Especially when he's already made his position abundantly clear. He's left himself no room for manouvre.
    He could do a Harry Redknapp and say "If you don't stop asking me the same question over and over, I'll .... I'll ... I'll not talk to you any more!"

I don't eat breakfast; least important meal of the day. FACT.

The Thought Police.

For me, Billy doesn't put a foot wrong. Ever. Call me misguided- I don't care.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring in someone of worth in Jan either!