Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He does know what he's doing

Default Re: He does know what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva
    Like Tyson says, some fans owe the team and Colin CALDERWOOD an apology.
    Tyson knows perfectly well that Calderwood and the team can go whistle.

There'll be no apology forthcoming from me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

We need fans that are going to get behind the team, just like on the last day of the season.
    I'll bet that Mr Smith was there too, screaming his head off and going f*****g nuts like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    I'll bet that Mr Smith was there too, screaming his head off and going f*****g nuts like the rest of us.
    He certainly was!

Like Tyson says, some fans owe the team and Colin CALDERWOOD an apology.
    Though Calderwood and the side deserve credit for pulling off automatic promotion at the very end,I don't think anyone needs to apologize.Before our fantastic run that got us over the finishing line,some of the performances were inexcusable and the tactics from the manager were bewildering.I refuse to apologize for being criticial at the time because I believe it was fully justified.I will gladly admit I was wrong about writing off our chances of automatic promotion but the players and management underachieved for 90% of the season and they were open to critism from everyone,and deservedly so.But we got promotion and it is a fresh start for us now and I will be giving Calderwood my full backing as many others believe,I feel his tactics may be more of a benefit to us in the championship.For now,I will throughly enjoy the summer ahead

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Though Calderwood and the side deserve credit for pulling off automatic promotion at the very end,I don't think anyone needs to apologize.Before our fantastic run that got us over the finishing line,some of the performances were inexcusable and the tactics from the manager were bewildering.I refuse to apologize for being criticial at the time because I believe it was fully justified.I will gladly admit I was wrong about writing off our chances of automatic promotion but the players and management underachieved for 90% of the season and they were open to critism from everyone,and deservedly so.But we got promotion and it is a fresh start for us now and I will be giving Calderwood my full backing as many others believe,I feel his tactics may be more of a benefit to us in the championship.For now,I will throughly enjoy the summer ahead
    Well said.

Another cracking post. This is turning into quite a thread!

I'll freely admit that I was one of the ones who questioned Calderwood, and I'm still not 100% convinced by him. It's great to hear that he wants to improve, and (though it would be PR suicide to say anything else) he seems to want to succeed at Forest rather than use us as a stepping stone.

He has made mistakes over the last two years, and given that he has had one of the better squads in League One (if not the best), then perhaps he has made them at a time when he can afford to. As he himself pointed out on the OS in the last week, mistakes in the Championship will be punished more frequently than those made in League One. I hope he is listening to his own advice. I'm not expecting him to be perfect, and hopefully he has paid attention to the criticism aimed at him and has analysed it, taken something constructive from it and will show that he is learning.

His record as far as signings is concerned is pretty good, though there have been a couple which have raised questions - certainly Lennon and Lockwood had much less of an impact on the pitch than we expected when they were unveiled.

Now that he has got us promoted, he deserves a chance and will get it, and he will also receive my support (for what it's worth) all the while it looks like he is doing his best for the club.

with that squad it took him to long to get us up - in my opinion!

give him his chance in the championship - but expect more negative football with players playing out of position

i agree to that he should of gone after the play off debacle last season or swindon away this season - we were so bad that day!

By signing Earnshaw hes pulled of a big coup. I'd be celebrating like mad if at this point we had signed a Striker of his quality.

winnits

We've not signed him yet, though

Quote Originally Posted by ViewFromTheRam
    By signing Earnshaw hes pulled of a big coup. I'd be celebrating like mad if at this point we had signed a Striker of his quality.
    Nice attempt at irony

winnits

I don't think it is an attempt at irony; ViewFromTheRam has been considered and honest in his posts so far.

PJ has not left me in the mood to be cracking jokes TBH. I would be singing ''Wheres Your Commons gone'' to my Forest friends except I don't see him as Improving our side wheras I see Earnshaw as a Player that would walk into any CCC side and score goals for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    I don't think it is an attempt at irony; ViewFromTheRam has been considered and honest in his posts so far.
    Considered for what? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ajgray15
    with that squad it took him to long to get us up - in my opinion!

give him his chance in the championship - but expect more negative football with players playing out of position

i agree to that he should of gone after the play off debacle last season or swindon away this season - we were so bad that day!

What squad ? The first year CC was with forest , it was Megson's squad , with the likes of mighty John Curtis and Gary Holt clogging our squad with their mediocrity.
    This season , CC got his squad that he wanted and we won promotiion , that's fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    What squad ? The first year CC was with forest , it was Megson's squad , with the likes of mighty John Curtis and Gary Holt clogging our squad with their mediocrity.
    This season , CC got his squad that he wanted and we won promotiion , that's fair play to him.
    It is now CC's squad so if they should all want to play for him. He has got rid of the last of the deadwood and it's all players who want to be here now.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    It is now CC's squad so if they should all want to play for him. He has got rid of the last of the deadwood and it's all players who want to be here now.
    He certainly has now.