Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Tribute to all those who did their best to keep us in League 1 !

Default Re: A Tribute to all those who did their best to keep us in League 1 !

Joe Kinnear
    Gary Megson
    Alan Rogers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i didnt even remember i was a member till i went to register, been watchin this for a few months and it looks good folks...

cant see how prutts is to blame id have him back, i think we should have signed him last summer.
    aLso re employ Paul Hart

Platt
    Warnock
    Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    What's the phrase? Can't polish a turd?

He inherited the worst squad Forest have ever had.

By the time he left, he'd begun the rebuilding process.

To do so, he had to wait until contracts were up, otherwise we'd have been hitting the bankruptcy train in paying up contracts and buying new players.

It was an unenviable task.

Yes, as a team we were s**t and something needed doing. Megson started what we have now.

If it weren't for him, we'd still have one last paydayers at the club.
    The problem was that he was just as responsible for drafting in ageing shit players as the managers before him.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    What's the phrase? Can't polish a turd?

He inherited the worst squad Forest have ever had.

By the time he left, he'd begun the rebuilding process.

To do so, he had to wait until contracts were up, otherwise we'd have been hitting the bankruptcy train in paying up contracts and buying new players.

It was an unenviable task.

Yes, as a team we were shit and something needed doing. Megson started what we have now.

If it weren't for him, we'd still have one last paydayers at the club.
    I really can't disagree with a word of that.I think some people really underestimated how bad our squad was back then and though some of Megson's early signings were a lot to be desired,I think anyone could be excused for desperately trying to chance things around immediately with the so called professional footballers we had at our disposal around the time.

Gary Johnson
    Billy Sharp
    Dennis Wise

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    I really can't disagree with a word of that.I think some people really underestimated how bad our squad was back then and though some of Megson's early signings were a lot to be desired,I think anyone could be excused for desperately trying to chance things around immediately with the so called professional footballers we had at our disposal around the time.
    I find it impossible to praise Megson. He may have cleared out a lot of the rubbish, but anyone on this site would be capable of that. His signings were mediocre and his affinity with the club entirely non-existent. Most of all though, he played utterly dire football that should never be seen again anywhere near the City Ground... unless it's at Meadow Lane when the Pie-Eaters are at home.*

Samuel

To be fair to Megson, he did do alot in regards of clearing out the deadwood, he did also sign Julian Bennett, Sammy Clingan and Nathan Tyson, Bennett has been pivotal this season as shown by his player of the season award.

Wes Morgan - Dodgy back pass v Yeovil
    Alan Wright - Own goal v Yeovil
    David Prutton - Sent off v Yeovil.

No but really;

Eugene Dadi
    Nicky Eaden
    Gareth Taylor

What exactly did Taylor do wrong to be fair?? Worked hard in a team that was shit, had to put up with long balls aimed at his chest/or even above his head and had "there you go control that son", bloody hell just because he wasn't a flash player he gets slated!!!

Taylor worked hard for us, and i personally knew the man very well and if i told you the things he said to me about this club, and brian clough, beleive me you would not be so anti him!!

Quote Originally Posted by RutlandRed
    What exactly did Taylor do wrong to be fair?? Worked hard in a team that was shit, had to put up with long balls aimed at his chest/or even above his head and had "there you go control that son", bloody hell just because he wasn't a flash player he gets slated!!!

Taylor worked hard for us, and i personally knew the man very well and if i told you the things he said to me about this club, and brian clough, beleive me you would not be so anti him!!
    I agree mate, the way he was treated was very poor. Unfortunately for him he became a scapegoat in a team that should all have been made to feel crappy. The rumour I heard was that there was an incident with Megson which was blown out all proportion and basically ended with him being exiled - whilst never my favourite I don't think he was treated with any degree of fairness and wish him all the best (as long as he doesn't score against us of course)

Very dark days indeed - let's hope we never descend to those depths again

i remember he did score against us, a bullet header for Tranmere, from a cross from out wide!!!!! the service he thrives on, i always said if given that service constantly for us he would have scored a good few!

As i said i know the man, and know exactly what his sentiments are for forest and for brian clough!

Anyone remember him scoring in the league cup game against Rotherham the week after clough died....he took his black armband off and pointed it towards the sky in a gesture off, 'that's for you cloughie'

Now can anyone think of any of our other players at that time doing that

Taylor was not quickest, and not a flair player everyone likes to see, but he was committed and worked hard and never shirked responsibility! And with service he would have scored a few!