Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Tribute to all those who did their best to keep us in League 1 !

Default A Tribute to all those who did their best to keep us in League 1 !

Now is your chance to list the 3 people who, over the last 3 years, appeared to be doing their best to make sure our stay in League 1 was as long as possible

My 3 ?

Gary Megson
    Gareth Taylor
    David Prutton

Similar Threads:
    Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident foodie!

Default Re: A Tribute to all those who did their best to keep us in League 1 !

Alan Rogers
    Gareth Taylor
    Nicky Eaden

Agree with Nicky Eaden I used to count the seconds the ball was in the air after leaving his boot, seem to remember one time his "hangtime" was greater the keeper's.

Nigel Doughty
    Mark Arthur
    Colin Clownderwood

Resident foodie!

It's not just that. It's down to the fact that he was probably on 2/3/4k a week and while he was never playing for us, was draining important funds from the club.

Same goes for Rogers and Taylor. Both of whom I'm sure were still on Championship wages when they were here. Taylor not so much as he wasn't the worst player we ever had.

Rogers was a greedy **** in many more ways than one.

David Johnson
    Nicky Eaden
    Alan Rogers

Resident foodie!

Didn't think about DJ. Good point well made, Sir.

The last three years have blurred into one big pile of steaming turd for me!

David Platt
    Marlon King (had the talent to save us).
    Nigel Doherty (for not backing our one decent manager since Clarke when he gave Hart hardly any money and for appointing Platt over O'Neil).

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    David Johnson
    Nicky Eaden
    Alan Rogers
    DJ being the one who nearly fired us into the premiership aswell?

Gary Megson
    David Prutton
    Alan Wright

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    DJ being the one who nearly fired us into the premiership aswell?
    Yep. The one who was really good for one season, then was complete gash after (injury being taken into account) and a bad influence on the squad.

Pehaps in memory of our time in League One, we should hold a riotous Tuesday afternoon drinking session around various city centre bars.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    Yep. The one who was really good for one season, then was complete gash after (injury being taken into account) and a bad influence on the squad.

Pehaps in memory of our time in League One, we should hold a riotous Tuesday afternoon drinking session around various city centre bars.
    I could argue that Megson was more of a bad influence? For all we know, Johnson might have been getting us to play passing, maybe attacking football..which ode meggo didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Nigel Doughty
    Mark Arthur
    Colin Clownderwood
    Agreed.

They see me trollin'

Brian Rice
    Brian Rice
    Brian Rice

Rice IV

Megson did a lot more good for this club than people give him credit for.

I dare say, if not for his beginning to clear the deadwood, we'd be mid table at best in League 1.

Talk to me, Goose.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch

I dare say, if not for his beginning to clear the deadwood, we'd be mid table at best in League 1.
    Any manager could have done that, doesn't take a retard to realise who needed clearing out..

Any manager could have done that, doesn't take a retard to realise who needed clearing out..

They see me trollin'

Can't be arsed to correct it, not very awake today... :P

oopsy daisy!

Not every manager did though. Megson had the very shitty end of a very big stick. I didn't like his football style but he was the manager that started the clear out and restructuring that was needed to turn us round. I think he did more than is recognised in turning us round. I certainly don't wish him ill - BFJ and P**tt on the other hand.....

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    Not every manager did though. Megson had the very shitty end of a very big stick. I didn't like his football style but he was the manager that started the clear out and restructuring that was needed to turn us round. I think he did more than is recognised in turning us round. I certainly don't wish him ill - BFJ and P**tt on the other hand.....
    Well of course, but i can't help but think he was part of the very shitty end of a big stick too..

oopsy daisy!

Well of course, but i can't help but think he was part of the very s**tty end of a big stick too..

:P

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Erik

:P

Whats the point of this bitter thread? We are UP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch

Got to agree with you there Rich. People should remember that Forest (our club) had been almost taken over by the anarchists and Megson had the unenviable task of sorting out the mess. Pity most fans didn't understand the role Doughty had employed him to perform because if he had stayed for another few months maybe we wouldn't have spent a whole three seasons in this shitty league !

Wotto
    RichjCrouch
    Alan Rogers